Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

+1 tongue.gif

#63 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Seriously though, I reckon Den has a point about the men in Australian culture having a problem with cats. I have been in many a social situation where cats have come up and you get the stock standard statements like....."ha ha ha great cray bait" "make great Staffy snacks" etc etc.

I disagree Donna, I have a flatcoat retriever and 2 cats we recently rescued from shelters , plus the fact my user name " Scat " derives from my last cat of 12 years.

I have always gone against the sterotypical type to the point a few years making so called hardened "Far North Queenslanders" help in raising a feral kitten in our sandblasting yard on a minesite and instead of the usual beatings/ screaming etc this cat became our yard cat and then before i flew home to perth it got a home and now is loved and cared for.

Not all men are sterotypes and you dont have to be effeminant either.

Den,

Unlike yourself im not interested in internet arguements , i just cant be bothered.

Craig

#64 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

I have moved this to off-the-wall.

#65 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Cawdor @ Jul 24 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have moved this to off-the-wall.

Realy???? why???? Rofl_3f.gif

Who likes glow in the dark cichlids anyway........

#66 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

There are glow in the dark condoms....can you imagine the awesome strobe effect in a moment of passion?

And good to hear Scat. I didn't say all men, I said the men I mix with. I am sure they use these kinds of responses to define their masculinity....but certainly not all...and certainly not Den *sigh*

Regards,

Donna

#67 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Bahahahaha free light show hey Donna!

#68 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

Yeah Krystal, according to Sam, I stand outside people's windows smile.gif

#69 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

Den its not that i dont understand the sht your dribbling its that we dont care. Seriously.. to those people having a sook about cats move on aye... get a sense of humour. Im sure you have other things to worry about... Ya cant just cut people down yourself and not expect someone to have a go at you. I would probably understand what your on about if i bothered to read it. I just see den and dont bother anymore. Your a drop kick.
And dont be such a drama queen, calling this a personal attack, far out man your a girl. Im just saying it how it is. Your a few colours short of a rainbow i think mate

#70 fabcondo71

fabcondo71
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

*I'm with Mr Docfish on this one , my dog got out through a hole in my fence found him the next day at a pound in malaga , if i hadnt found him in three days he wouldve been put down , i have a local cat problem (my patio) were they #### and fight scaring my kids at two in the morning but we have too put up with it. rang the shire , they say "we'll lend you a cat trap , put it in a bag , gas em , them get rid of em" shame we can't do something like fine the owners for not keeping them in their yards like i paid to get my dog out of the pound . $150 bucks , bloody dog imagine the fish i coulda got smile.gif
just my two cents worth , don't post often but this sorta thing gets my back up.

#71 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

Hi fabcondo71 and other non fans of this thread,

Tim has wisely moved this topic to "Off the Wall" which means people can write against any topic they like in this area of the forum. I think if you find discussions about morals disturbing or challenging, then maybe don't read them?

All the people that claim they "cant't be bothered" and have made similar comments have still managed to put their responses in I notice. I really can't see why you would feel the need to comment on something you find useless, disturbing, unnecessary, etc etc? Unless you want to make a point, and can in fact, be bothered. You may be surprised to know that the people who do care about this thread and have made contributions, don't care if you don't care. It works both ways. If you truly don't care, then we won't see your comments.

Luckily for us, this forum provides a diverse range of topics to read and comment on if you choose. If you don't choose too...no one is any the wiser. There are plenty of fish related sections to read and respond to and ask questions on, which are very useful.

I for one, am grateful that someone has the courage to bring up issues, which, whether you like it or not, people including yourself, feel the need to respond too. Censorship is not wise in my opinion, but a persons right to choose is very important. You don't have to read or respond. That is your choice. What might not be your choice is commenting on what is useful and what is not. If it is not useful, just read on. You don't need to tell people if you think their ideas are suitable or not. If someone posts, and there is no response, they will soon get the idea.

If the heading is "off the wall" then you may find that there are opinions and comments that may upset you or that you can't be bothered with. If that is the case, there is no need to comment.

Regards,

Donna

#72 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

In memory of -

#73 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

#74 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:38 AM

Nom Nom Nom

#75 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

#76 RAMBO

RAMBO
  • Banned

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Donna @ Jul 24 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are glow in the dark condoms....can you imagine the awesome strobe effect in a moment of passion?

OHH YEHHH

#77 Salpon

Salpon
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

At least Den knows how to construct a well worded argument. If you start using personal attacks it invalidates everything you've said previously (this is not aimed at anyone in particular).

Sometimes this forum is a bit too testosterone fueled. I wish there were more females on here.

Matt.

#78 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

Thanks Matt smile.gif

Attached File  catwoman_movie.jpg   82.31KB   22 downloads

#79 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:22 PM