Frontosa Location

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

I do trust people and what they say,
I 100% believe that my fish are Wild Caught and I will sell there young as f1 and if a few people don't believe they are Wc,F1 this is there problem and they don't need to buy them ,this is my hobby not my job so I'm not worried if they die of old age.
These fish are 100% Wild Caught like it or not jonno,we can go on and on,but I will not post any more on this topic as we are going in circles,

#82 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (fishking123 @ Aug 16 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jeez dude why are you so negative about wc frontosa???? if you CAN PROVE to me they they are not wc ill say sorry but until then i stay strong about wc fish

Its not up to us to prove the origin of an animal, we are just the potential buyers. Its in your interest to have solid proof.

Also spell check is a good thing to use before posting. Attached File  rtaw_thumbsup.gif   150bytes   5 downloads

#83 MrKrissKross

MrKrissKross
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

I keep F1 Cyphotilapia Gibberosa and am breeding them.
Their parents are the Moba variant.
I can tell by the colour of the fish.
Using areas of collection to identify different colour morphs is a great idea.
The fact that this species isn't being crossbred to the shitter yet is fantastic.
I hope there will be breeders in Perth that keep it that way.
Feels like you have something in your tank that hasn't been tarnished by inbreeding or cross breeding,
First offspring from wild parents, totally how nature intended.
I think the WC, F1 and colour variants is a great thing!
Just my 2 cents.

#84 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (fishking123 @ Aug 16 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you CAN PROVE to me thay they are not wc ill say sorry but untill then i stay strong about wc fish

its not for me to prove they arent wc... you guys are boasting you have wc fish and advertise and promote this in every respect... i am questioning you on this asking for some solid proof and yet no-one can do this... therefore its pretty safe to assume you guys are full of @#$% or more nicely said - are pulling our legs !!!!!

no need to get angry - because i wouldnt even go there if you know whats good for everybody!!!

regardless i believe dave has some very nice fronties!!!

should he promote them as wc ??? no he shouldnt...

should he promote them as "im led to believe these are wc" yes he can...

the old saying of put up or shut could well apply....

QUOTE (Fish-lips @ Aug 16 2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These fish are 100% Wild Caught like it or not jonno,we can go on and on,but I will not post any more on this topic as we are going in circles,

we are only going in circles because you havent answered the question or attempted to provide solid proof of your statements... biggrin.gif

#85 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Fish-lips @ Aug 16 2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do trust people and what they say,

being gullable and naive is no excuse for lack of education....

if i told you i have F1 polarchy fronties for $800 each would you believe me and come buy them all ??? i also have the adults if you wish to view them !!! Rofl_3f.gif Rofl_3f.gif Rofl_3f.gif

smile and have a laugh... lifes too short tongue.gif

#86 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

Bigjohno has some very good points IMO.
There are a lot of very valid questions being raised but next to no answer's to these questions.
Personally I really hope the fish Dave has are WC I would hate for him to invest in so many wonderful fish and to be deceived on the origin.

Aside from that the certificate of origin from the importer mentioned is a bit of a joke ( no offence ) all it really states is that he thinks there WC fish it doesn't provide any details to prove what what your receiving are WC from the lake.

#87 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

i have even heard ravi has got out of the game now... made his mega dollars ripping people off and was starting to feel the heat so he bailed !!!!

do we have a reply to that dave ???

#88 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

I heard Ravi had a interested buyer for his business, but had a last minute falling through. Dave, please don't think I'm getting nasty or picking on you, I think it's great that we have a specialized frontosa library here in Perth. I've seen a folder before with 15 duplicates of certificates for 15 varieties of wc tropheus by another breeder. I'm interested in a gander, can you take a picture of one of your documented certificates and post it on this topic. I'm curious as to wether the papers are a proof of sale by the distributer, or wether they are the documents by the collector showing location of capture and where departed from, the collectors reference and the destination or the supplier the wc's are being sent to..?..

#89 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

There is no way to prove whether a fish is wild caught or not as anyone can forgue a document. However you expect high quality fish when they state so. I purchased fry from so called wild caught Frontosa parents,( my lips are sealed on the seller) and all fry ended up being destroyed as they had 7 bars on one side and 6 on the other. As Julius Sumner-miller would say (why is this so).

#90 MrKrissKross

MrKrissKross
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

Cyphotilapia last time I checked are legally importable.
I can't see why it would be difficult to get WC fish from Africa.
Hell why not travel there and catch them yourself.
If your so much smarter than everyone else.
Please... this thread screams jealous.
To the instigators, if you can't afford a Ferrari buy a Ford.

#91 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Jealous, is a incorrect term to use, I think. For most people I reckon they would be thinking about the high price in accordance to the guaranteed authenticity.

#92 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

jealous is far from the truth... i dont keep cichlids... i keep some fish that make frontys look like common EY's

what im trying to get to the bottom of is people fraudulently promoting their fish as something they are not... and profiteering from it...

i would be shattered and very pissed off if i bought the mona lisa for X amount of bucks then found out i only have a copy of it !!!! yes it looks the same but its not what i paid for !!! tongue.gif

#93 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Awesome fronties Dave, I just love all the locality specific variants

#94 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

yep your're right mark sale fell through with ravi... but he has another buyer lined up.... i have it from a good source he is overseas at the moment and is going to do one more large import before he sells the shop+quarantine.... one more run of deceiving his buyers....

hey dave i know your still reading this thread - any chance you can post up your certificates of country of origin ??? tongue.gif

#95 fishking123

fishking123
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

why dose it matter?
and what about lake spots?.. im happy with what i pay for my f1 frontosa and i trust that they are F1

Edited by fishking123, 19 August 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#96 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

King this this thread shows fronts with lake spots. Now can you Show us a recent thread of " WC " fronts with lake spots please ?

http://www.perthcich...x...c=37858&hl=

#97 Mynemesis

Mynemesis
  • Banned

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Fish-lips @ Jun 17 2012, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if I found a new fishing spot I would not tell anyone as I know every man and his dog will be there next day.trust is the key here

QUOTE (fishking123 @ Aug 13 2012, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jeez we are not asking you to get any fish but i can buy what ever i want if i found a reeealy good fishing spot with some super cool fish i will not tell any one where i get them!
yeah its all about trust. i dont know ravi that well but i trust him for wc fish.

As promise here is the flaw:

If your excuse now is that the locations/collection points are so ‘secretive’ then

WHERE THE HELL DID THE IMPORTERS CAME UP WITH ALL THOSE NAMES/PLACES?

I'm looking forward for an aswer this time.

Thanks

#98 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

You won't get an answer mate I think they have claimed defeat smile.gif

#99 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

I love fronties now I have seen al of Dave's pics
Keep bringing them in Dave

#100 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

hey tarpon as money wouldnt be an issue when your buying fronties..... shouldnt you just buy the best looking ones you can find???

but on the same hand theres no need to pay quadruple the price if someone tags a "WC" sticker on them when indeed they are not???

by all means dave post up a pic of your certificate(s) to regain your credibility.... or have you admitted defeat???

everytime you post up fronties for sale - i'd be well within my rights as would anybody else to ask for documentation to prove what you are selling are wc or f1 as you say in your post... check T&C's

http://www.perthcich...showtopic=47491

check the first reply after bradfitzys post.... tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users