Photo

New Perth Forum

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chuckmeister

chuckmeister
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:07 AM

With Vincents kind permission I'd like to announce that after a considerable amount of effort that a new forum for Perth is now online. It is still in the 'I'm not quite happy with that so I'll change it to that' stage so the next few weeks could/will still see a few changes. Anyway here is the LINK and we hope you have a look and enjoy what you see

Charlie

#2 Guest_sajica_*

Guest_sajica_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:39 AM

Just wondering if everyone thinks both forums can coexist side by side? Personally I think I'll find my self staying to either 1 forum and rarely visiting the other. Curious as to other peoples thoughts.

Chris

"after all this fighting and disagreeance , i no longer goto fish shops at all.... as now , in the deep dark corners of my workshop im workin on somethin a lot more cynical..........
a mechanical EVIL CICHLID <insert evil laff here>
wen excited my giant 10 foot high mechanical cichlid will pick me up in her mouth and we will travel the land with the sole purpose of tormenting evil local fish shop owners"
mrgreen

#3 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:51 AM

Hi Chris,
Quote:
Personally I think I'll find my self staying to either 1 forum and rarely visiting the other.

Well, you might find yourself missing out then...:b

merjo:)

#4 Synadontis Angelicus

Synadontis Angelicus
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:52 AM

cant seem to register on the other forum, just wondering if its me. ause i tried like 6 times now, and keep getting an error message you are doing sdomething wrong lol

#5 Guest_sajica_*

Guest_sajica_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:59 AM

andrea I visit enough damn forums, lol some I haven't been to for months (computer based ones- OCAU and Atomic)

I realised that the other forum doens't have a chat room, so I'll be travellin too and fro :lol

"after all this fighting and disagreeance , i no longer goto fish shops at all.... as now , in the deep dark corners of my workshop im workin on somethin a lot more cynical..........
a mechanical EVIL CICHLID <insert evil laff here>
wen excited my giant 10 foot high mechanical cichlid will pick me up in her mouth and we will travel the land with the sole purpose of tormenting evil local fish shop owners"
mrgreen

#6 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:23 AM

Yes I am kind, aren't I :rollin

In the end I think some people will end up frequenting one or the other, and some people both. I'd give them a choice and if ppl prefer how Chuck has set it up, so be it. :)

In the meantime though Charlie, it would be nice if your mod's didn't go around referring to this forum as dysfunctional.. :p

Visit the:
Perth Cichlid Forums

#7 urodacus

urodacus
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:27 AM

You cant register with web based 'free' e-mail addresses, this way it cuts out some of the problems with people having multiple alias's. The new forums still young, but looking good. Charlies put alot of work into it. Chat is something that can be organised later on if need be. ;)

#8 chuckmeister

chuckmeister
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:04 AM

Hi Vincent and thanks again:good

Oooops, sorry I'll get onto that :o

To all those that are wondering I'm hoping that the two forums can work together and anyone that knows me,knows that I'm not in this for a competition. Personally I'll be one of the users that will check both forums (:lol like I could help it anyway :lol )

Thanks Jordan :)

#9 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:26 AM

Why bother with another forum.
If it's important it'll turn up here.
Terry

#10 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2004 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
If it's important it'll turn up here.

hmmm...River in Egypt??!!

#11 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:00 PM

I don't think its very nice to purport to want to work together with this forum etc etc and yet bad mouth this one on other forums.

There isn't any real need for another Perth forum. I feel I was doing you a major favour by allowing you guys to publicise your site on this one, with no discernible benefit to this one. Instead of a genuine attempt to be civil and work together, we get instead disparaging comments? :nsg

I wonder if we would have got the same courtesy had the roles been reversed and you had the established site while we were attempting to set up a new one in competition?

I find all this political crap very petty. In the end I think we need to remember that we are just here to talk fish and share experiences. If one can work up such resentful feelings while doing so, perhaps one is in the wrong hobby.

I'm going to lock up this thread before it gets really nasty.

Regards,
Vincent

Visit the:
Perth Cichlid Forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users