Photo

Singapore

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

so im off to singapore in october - any cool fish/reptile things i should look for when im there??

#2 gezza

gezza
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Hey mate I'm going to Singapore in September to see family and there's heaps of aquarium stores if you like aquascaping go to green chapter but I heard there's a new store opening up west of singapore so I might go for a drive there to check it out

#3 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'm over there in august, also keen to check out some fish and reptile stuff!

#4 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

haha sounds like singapore is the new bali!! hahahah

yeah i want to check out alot of the pet shops and stuff over there - see what they keep

• ice likes this

#5 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

hey ice - did you see anything worth writing home about in singapore on your trip in august?

#6 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Yeah man!

The reptile park isn't there anymore but the Zoo has a fairly good collection of them (gorgeous big king cobra), we did the zoo during the day and then did the night safari after dark, it was very good!

Also did the bird park and the underwater place on santosa island, all worth a look for sure.

The zoo had some impressive set ups with crocs and giant snakehead living together, they also had plenty of silver arrows and rays out in ponds in the open, every now and again you'd walk over a small footbridge and look down to see a 80cm+ arrow and a few motoros/mantilla (adults and pups) swimming around. One of the ponds even had a few monster red tail catfish in it. Then you see an abundance of tilapia and giant gourami basically everywhere.

The fish highlight for me was seeing the arapaima in a huge pond, these things are 6ft+ and as wide as a bloody drum.

I didn't make it to any pet shops/markets to see what they sell but i would imagine you could get just about anything there.

Edited by ice, 03 October 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#7 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

oh nice!! i will have to keep my eye out - im bummed that i wont have any nights spare as i have a capoeira festival on every night i am there but i will get along to some of those things for sure :)

#8 gezza

gezza
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

I came back from Singapore on Monday stayed for 2 and half weeks see family then went to all the tourist attractions and went to all the fish farms and local fish stores back there next year in may for aquarama can't wait!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users