Photo

Aquarium Safe Resin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CICH-BRO

CICH-BRO
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:23 PM

I need to make some bases for my large fake plants by putting some gravel in a mold and filling it with resin.

I'm not sure if the stuff they sell a the big green shed that starts with a B is safe to use in my tank, the people who work there were no help (as usual). The one I am talking about is what you use with those fibreglass repair kits it has a resin/hardener combo.

Can anybody give suggestions as to what I can safely use in my tank and brand names/where to buy.

Cheers.

#2 mattt

mattt
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

You could use whatever you want to make the base and then use a pond sealer maybe?. No idea about resins... but nobody replied so throwing an idea out there.

or maybe even use pond sealer as the bonding agent? it dries fairly solid and flexible, ones ive used before anyway.

#3 frogspad1

frogspad1
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

I used WEST SYSTEM brand 105 Resin on my backgrounds

#4 CICH-BRO

CICH-BRO
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the replies. I ended up going for something different again. I used a 2 part epoxy called Selleys Knead-it Aqua. You work with it like a ball of blu-tac and it sets hard. And it's safe for fish. It adds a bit of weight to the base so it'll stay in one place (hopefully, I do have Oscars after all and they like to redecorate)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users