Photo

What Do You Have Your Eye On Next?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Jarrod90

Jarrod90
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Interested to hear what fish people have next on their list. For me that anticipation and looking in to the fish in more detail, planning the tank etc is pretty hard to beat, until you actually get them haha

So what's everyone's next project and why?

#2 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Considering Discus, but I hate water changes. I have angel fish, and feed every 2nd day at the moment so I only do water changes every 2 weeks instead of weekly.

That and some nice shellies later on. Saw a black occy on gumtree this arvo. A colony of them or something similar would be cool

Edited by Jason82, 11 June 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#3 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

Not fish for me, they don't have wheels or a motor ;)

#4 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

Getting my fish room finished so I can start stocking the new tanks, currently half of my tanks are empty so I am looking forward to picking out new species to breed.

#5 dori

dori
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

my friends wife

probably looking to keep apistogrammas, might setup a tank for them 

#6 silverscreen

silverscreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

upgrading my fish room aswell jackson.

just put a deposit on 6 new 4ft tanks...started cutting the material for the stands the other day.

going 3 tier 4ft x 2 with a sump

this is what i a trying to achieve...this is a nice system.

Attached Files

#7 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

Very nice John, talk about tank space.

Let me know when it's complete and I'll come check it out, keen to get some of those peacocks you advertised not long ago if you have some more ready

#8 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

agree very nice looking setup... only thing that doesnt appeal to me is the height... how tall are you john? 

pain in the butt having to stand on platforms and ladders to work on the top tanks.... 

i have seen setups similar before but people use top tanks to age tap water - then syphon it down to lower tanks to do easy change water changes... :)

and i have got my eye on new and prob last ever ford f351 gt falcon :) :) :)   but still cant beat the sound and grunt of the older ones :P

#9 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

I used top tier of my last three tier system as quarantine and hospital tanks, obviously running independently of the sump. Though in the case of smaller fish its a lot of tank space to dedicate to quarantine.

Looks awesome John, dont know where you are gonna put it your fish room was chockers when I saw it.
I have some more americans and a mangrove jack on the way. As soon as they are settled in im gonna find me some pbass and a young saratoga jardini.

#10 Redevilz

Redevilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

Planting my 3 foot tank :)

Then on to fish, apistos, rasboras, otocinclus and maybe some killifish.

#11 Mononoke

Mononoke
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

A wild betta nanoscape for my new pad in Melbourne (when I find one!). Long-term... a big wild discus setup would be sweet.

#12 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

agree very nice looking setup... only thing that doesnt appeal to me is the height... how tall are you john? 

pain in the butt having to stand on platforms and ladders to work on the top tanks.... 

i have seen setups similar before but people use top tanks to age tap water - then syphon it down to lower tanks to do easy change water changes... :)

and i have got my eye on new and prob last ever ford f351 gt falcon :) :) :)   but still cant beat the sound and grunt of the older ones :P

go the supercharged fg gs, I nearly bought one, then realised it was a lot of extra money to take out. but I still want a TS or TE50

projects for me - I need a female senagel bichir to revive the bichir problem here in wa lol. and im waiting to hear of some pure mantilla pups to add some new patterns to my future ray collection - there my goals to achieve by end of year. then when im moved back into my own place, try convinve my boss lady for a stingray pond in the spare room.

Edited by Jules, 12 June 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#13 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

And i have got my eye on new and prob last ever ford f351 gt falcon :) :) :)   but still cant beat the sound and grunt of the older ones :P

Johno you read the motor report on the GT-F yesterday

Somewhat underwhelming according to the motor journo, but he's probably a VW Golf driver (aka Tool)

#14 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

next on the list fish wise are some L numbers i think - i saw sheps the other day when i bought some L144's off him - fell in love with them

water pythons to add to the reptiles

long term i want to get a couple of rays

#15 silverscreen

silverscreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

they are going to be all bare bottom tanks...heaps easier to keep clean...water changes will be easy to going to have drains on all the tanks too...

Looks awesome John, dont know where you are gonna put it your fish room was chockers when I saw it.

swapping all my two tier for three tier...so going to have 3x4ft on either side of the fry tanks and underneath the fry tanks is going to be the sump...tanks are being made right now by paul

#16 Angelo

Angelo
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

i'd love to have a planted tank next, been thinking about for a while now should get it going soon.

#17 Jarrod90

Jarrod90
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

Those fish rooms look insane, would love to set one of those up at some point

Malawiman: Americans, mangrove jack, peacock bass and saratoga, that sounds like a good list! Got a young saratoga lei and some pbass in our house at the moment

Thinking of getting some Salvini's and trying my hand at breeding something other than mollys haha

#18 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

Id love to have a crack at pbass breeding but I dont think I have enough time they sound like absolute pita's to raise to 5cm.
I need the saratoga to complete my collection of the famous 4 aussie predators. Got murray cod, barra already and a jack on the way...Cant wait to find a little toga.
Where did you get the lei and bass from?
Salvini are on my list for one day, if you get them breeding id like to find some space in the garage for a few.

#19 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

8 Foot tank, for the front office, designed to fillup a wall. CO2. Discus in their natural habitat planted tank.

post-7085-0-38436000-1402559136.jpg

Still not sure on teh width, probably go 600mm wide. About 5 years away though :(

Attached Files

Edited by MrLeifBeaver, 12 June 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#20 Redevilz

Redevilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

Leif, make it 1200mm wide lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users