The King Of The Tank!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hi peoples!

Not many interesting topics lately, so I'm bored and starting a new topic/thread! tongue.gif

Ok.. which of your fish is "King" of your tank/s? and why?

I'll start...

I have a 5ft marine tank and the king of the tank is my Scopas Tang! It is the first to attack my brine shrimps when it comes to feeding time! It also grabs the most spectrum fish food when I scatter it around the tank!
It also "kicks out" other fish that it sees resting in it's favourite liverock spot, even it's buddy the Coral Beauty. As it swims around the tank, some other fish either follow it or moves away! LOL!

So there you have it... The King of my tank is my much loved Scopas Tang!! tongue.gif

Anyways, there goes another useless/crap thread/topic for your amusement.. wink.gif

Cheers!
Kevin.

P.S: I wasnt sure which section to put this thread.... biggrin.gif

#2 Managuense

Managuense
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

Hmm this is a toughie. For my Malawi 6 foot tank i would have to say my Dimidiochromis Compressicep male. Hes at about 24cm now. But a close second would be my Buccochromis Lepturus at 14cm. Comp is so intimidating to the other tank mates he dominants a third of my tank. The bucco on the other hand swims swiftly through the fish to beat them to food and fights of fish trying to take its food.

In my 3 foot grow up malawi tank my Lichnochromis Acuticep male is boss. Bigger than everything else in the tank. haha

Thats it for me:D
Kyle

#3 MrKrissKross

MrKrissKross
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

Mine would be my pair of Lepidiolamprologus elongatus. The male nearly cleanly bit a d. compressiceps in half last week. Only fish I've kept that will attack my hand if I put it near their territory. Not bad for a fish that is barely 15cm.

#4 scottyboy

scottyboy
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:17 PM

Hi all
One of my siamese females is the most king or should i say queen. she destroyed 3 guppies in one night and the next day decided to take out the last two, pretty violent if you ask me and she steals the wafers that i feed to my bristlenose catfish really weird. second king of the tank would be the smallest pictus eats about 3-4 of the wafers that i put in the tank and the only one to fend of the siamese.

#5 Shankd

Shankd
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

used to be my buttikoferi, before my rd grew up. now i have a rock/paper/scissors thing going on, rd bashes the butti, butti bashes the jag, jag bashes the rd. soon to be adding in a couple of dovii... and then cut back the number of jags/dovii i have when they bigger, as they arent killing each other as i was expecting in the grow out tanks, so i have too many sad.gif

so expect to see 3-4 15cm jags and dovii for sale soon

#6 lilfish

lilfish
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

Mine is my Red Turqouise Discus, His name is Rambo the bully!!! He doesnt care how much bigger his rivals are he is a menace to the tank. I love him though, he has a very individual personality!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 *S*T*A*R*S*

*S*T*A*R*S*
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

in the 5' malawi would be the red emporess and the 3' convicts!!!

Cheers Arron

#8 kevy73

kevy73
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

I've got 1 pretty beastly cardinal tetra in my planted tank! laugh.gif

Actually, in all seriousness, it would be the big blue turq discus I have in there... I am surprised at how much aggression discus show to be honest.

#9 fush_and_chops

fush_and_chops
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

i have a massive silver dollar in a 3-footer but i woulnt say its king, my white convict is lol

#10 jack

jack
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

got to be my pink giant gourami at 18cm growth rate is insane

#11 fishyyyyyy77

fishyyyyyy77
  • Banned

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

my 4" green terror with his awesome colour dominates my tank.. none the others bother feeding until hes had his fill. the only one able to feed at same time is my 5 inch saratoga

#12 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

My pink GG the Bloody thing nearly killed my saratoga......... dry.gif

#13 jack

jack
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

they are nasty but theres a few things in my tank that sort it out, but arnt agro about it

#14 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:57 AM

Mr and Mrs Kribensis without a doubt.

Regular search and destroy missions even when not breeding. Casualities....two apisotgrammas, one laetacara curviceps, this was on their first spawn. They seem to have settled after that, no more deaths.

They cannot possibly occupy all the caves at the one time, but they think they can. The male is the biggest krib I have ever seen, and built like a torpedo. Mrs Krib is tiny but packs a punch to other dwarves.

I had a beautiful big gold severum, and he was the only fish who ever stepped up to the kribs. They eventually came to an agreement. Sadly, he outgrew the tank and had to be traded.

Regards,

Donna

#15 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:48 PM

my jardini saratoga. has 2 barramundi 5cm bigger than he/she huddled in the back corner of the tank... permanently.

#16 rule_breaker

rule_breaker
  • Banned

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (mickya @ Jun 30 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my jardini saratoga. has 2 barramundi 5cm bigger than he/she huddled in the back corner of the tank... permanently.

haha id believe that smile.gif good on him tongue.gif

#17 Happyfish

Happyfish
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:10 AM

King of tank

why not Discus King of all tropical fish.. Specially when they breed.
At the moment i had all different types of Discus and they are starting to breeding . Hard work but Worth it. laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users