Photo

Need Advice Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

Hey, have been wanting to get back into cichlids for some time now and have come up with some money to buy a tank right now.

Im currently looking at a 6x24x18 tank,the thing is is that its 24" high and 18" wide, so what im needing advice on is this.Do you guys think that having a tank thats 24inch high rather than wide will be alot more restrictive space wise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. laugh.gif

#2 vishy_100

vishy_100
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:29 AM

I prefer 2 ft wide although the 2ft high makes it look better, solution get a 6x2x2 laugh.gif
Matt

#3 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:06 AM

A 6 x 2 x 18 is ideal I think...compromise between size and cost. You have the larger footprint but being 10mm base with 6mm sides makes it more affordable. Anything 2 foot high needs the heavier glass, thus doubling the cost. I can quote you on a 6 x 2 x 18 if you like...pm me.

Andrea smile.gif

#4 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

I have a 6x2Hx18W and can say that they are a good size as they don't stick too far out from a wall but have enough room and height to make an excellent display tank for most species of fish.

Cheers
Den

#5 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:18 AM

Ok thanks for that guys.My wife and i are still debating on what tank to get and that one came up for sale .Will probably have to buy brand new to get what we want

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users