Photo

Mantis Shrimp....

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Oh it's on now!!! Riggertron v's Mantis....... Let's get ready to rumble......will I get sued for using that??
Anyway I took out the piece of rock I thought he was hiding in and had a look down the cracks and holes with a torch to my dismay, nothing.... So as I'm re arranging the rock and coral again I get snapped on the end of my middle finger by guess who?? Yeah mr mantis!!! Apparently I've found his hiding hole after trying to jam a bit of coral in there!! I can tell you right now for a little shrimp it hurts like a son of a bi#%h....... So tomorrow I will take out the other rock and flush him out!!!! He's so mine!!! Make space tranced you'll have yourself a mantis with attitude soon! smile.gif

#22 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Riggertron @ May 2 2011, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh it's on now!!! Riggertron v's Mantis....... Let's get ready to rumble......will I get sued for using that??
Anyway I took out the piece of rock I thought he was hiding in and had a look down the cracks and holes with a torch to my dismay, nothing.... So as I'm re arranging the rock and coral again I get snapped on the end of my middle finger by guess who?? Yeah mr mantis!!! Apparently I've found his hiding hole after trying to jam a bit of coral in there!! I can tell you right now for a little shrimp it hurts like a son of a bi#%h....... So tomorrow I will take out the other rock and flush him out!!!! He's so mine!!! Make space tranced you'll have yourself a mantis with attitude soon! smile.gif

Did you suck the poison out, if not your finger will rot and drop off. cheers steve p.s Happy hunting and may the smarter species win. laugh.gif

#23 spendy

spendy
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

damn this has been the funniest threads ive seen. . Been good 2 follow ur progress or lack of. . .lol. . Anyways good lucl gettin da lil sucker.!

#24 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggh my finger.................. the poison is running through my vains as we speak!!!!! i think its riggertron-0 mantis-1

just look at what it did to my finger!!!!
(may not be good for young ones or people who are squeemish)

Attached File  IMG_0571.png   815.83KB   99 downloads

#25 hitman

hitman
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

yummy sounds like you need to set out a battle plan for this one mate happy hunting

#26 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

looking foward to meeting one of the galaxys most bad ass shrimps!!

#27 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hehe that's awesome man you got owned. He done some good damage to.

#28 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Bahahahahahaha it's not my finger bowdy I'm not that soft!!!! But I tell you what.... A slap from one of those fellas feels like a jolt from a cattle prod!! I swear he's looking at me right now with those beady little eyes!!!!

#29 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Riggertron @ May 2 2011, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggh my finger.................. the poison is running through my vains as we speak!!!!! i think its riggertron-0 mantis-1

just look at what it did to my finger!!!!
(may not be good for young ones or people who are squeemish)

Attached File  IMG_0571.png   815.83KB   99 downloads

Is that all, i thought he must of really nailed you the way you were carrying on. Just scratched ya cheers steve. p.s glad it,s not my finger laugh.gif

#30 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

Ive seen grown men nearly cry cause of a mantis. Most effective way will be to pull every thing out and do rock by rock then return them to the tank

#31 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

Dude, you got made yip!!! that looks nasty!
Remeber, pay back is a bitch, the mantis turn will come angry.gif

#32 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

Beware Mr Mantis!!!! I know where you live!!!!

Attached File  IMG_0596.png   1016.86KB   90 downloads

#33 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

Ok so Tranced has just left my house with 1 pissed off Mantis Shrimp......... after pin-pointing his location a few days ago i have been trying to entice him out with various snacks but to no avail!!!! it seemed the inevitable was going to occour, remove the rock and force him out!!

So a little bit of double team action was required but he came out no dramas....... first we tried the soda water in the hole with a syringe but it just seemed to piss him off so after a straight pour of fizzy goodness down his hole he just came sliding straight out!! safe to say Mantis shrimp arent big cocktail drinkers smile.gif

Thanks very much tranced for the help, and for anyone whos keen to see a mantis with attitude he will be at Midland Pet Centre smile.gif

Attached File  IMG_0602.jpg   35.68KB   64 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0603.jpg   39.32KB   68 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0604.jpg   24.85KB   79 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0607.jpg   32.81KB   86 downloads

#34 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

pleasure working with ya mate come and visit your little buddy anytime wink.gif

#35 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

I can't believe it, I must be hearing things!!!! It seems that mr mantis has a partner in crime!! I'm in the process of doing an Osama style stake out all of the little caves and see what I can find... Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of night vision or sniper rifle scopes so until he pokes his beady little head out I'll just have to wait and see!! So tranced it's not over yet I may need your help one more time and we may just have another partner in crime for mr mantis!!! smile.gif

#36 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

lol no worries i got all the time in the world for those little guys smile.gif it might even be a pistol shrimp??? be on the lookout for a seedy looking shrimp with one big popeye style arm!

#37 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

think i have an ID on the other guy smile.gif

http://www.ucmp.berk...e=g_ternatensis

#38 spendy

spendy
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

LOL the saga continues... keep us updated...!

#39 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (tranced @ May 5 2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
think i have an ID on the other guy smile.gif

http://www.ucmp.berk...e=g_ternatensis

I'd say that definately looks like him!! There so pretty, but so dangerous at the same time! Kinda like a drunk cougar on race day!!! I'll keep looking out for the other tank guest and see what I can find, it sounds like a mantis and this morning I saw the telltale signs of broken clam shells near a small cave in the live rock. Does anyone have night vision goggles I can borrow?

#40 bodyboarding_bum

bodyboarding_bum
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

How's the stakeout going? Smart little shrimp!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users