Photo

Censors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#121 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

OK so some things I have said in this thread MAY have been a little silly.

But if your seriously thinking about bringing up issues at the next club meet, I will try to make it. (Difficult with kids & other half that works nights)
If you do decide to run the meeting with that agenda, can I suggest that the CM go in with an open mind and LISTEN to the members and CONSIDER what they say.
Not saying you wont. But just remember that it is everyone's club & therefore members should be heard & not just seen.

My concern:

While I don't have an issue with ######## becoming a sponsor, as I've said before I know the owner well and respect him as a business owner.
But.......
I feel the CM/PCS should have waited for a few months before accepting the sponsorship. Why? Because I feel it would have been a little more gentlemanly like.
If Kev doesn't care, well that's cool. But I still find it a little on the rude side to accept the sponsorship so soon.

EVERYTHING else in this thread means nothing to me. The above is my main concern.
All other crap is just stupid forum fighting, both myself & the CM's involved shouldn't have let it be. Plain & simple.

I still regard this club as being one of the best around and is one of the reasons why I stay here year after year.
Yes I believe the CM hasn't been the same over the past 3 yrs, but ATM the above is my main issue.

#122 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Bickley @ Jan 13 2012, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I havnt been on this forum for long only a couple years now so I havnt seen the supposed changes. But I still think this is a great club full of great ppl and yes the odd keyboard warrior but you get them everywhere unfortunately. I still think we shouldn't be slamming the cm's I think they do a great job and appreciate the time and effort they put into the club free of charge to try and keep us all happy. They have lives family jobs/ business kids remember. It's impossible to keep everyone happy we all know this lol I'll put a suggestion forward to the committy... For all major deccisions could we have a poll put up in the financial members sections that way everyone can vote on it and know one can blame the cm's and anyone who doesn't vote can keep there mouths shut... Maybe as a trial even

Thanks to all committy members and ppl who contribute to the club
Bickley

thanks Mate

#123 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Aquatic Dreams @ Jan 13 2012, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But if your seriously thinking about bringing up issues at the next club meet, I will try to make it. (Difficult with kids & other half that works nights)
If you do decide to run the meeting with that agenda, can I suggest that the CM go in with an open mind and LISTEN to the members and CONSIDER what they say.
Not saying you wont. But just remember that it is everyone's club & therefore members should be heard & not just seen.

OH, PLEASE GOD, NO!.

Really, if there is stuff to bring up then by all means raise it, but give fair warning to members.

If I come to a PCS meeting I expect it to be about fish. I would rather eat my own s#*t than sit through some psychodrama session of "what is wrong with the PCS"

If you all really think there is stuff that needs resolving, and by the look of this thread, there probably is, then call an extraordinary meeting and hash it out. I'm sure it's in the constitution, and members who would rather not be there don't have to miss a PCS monthly meet. The advantage of having such is that people are more likely to be civilised in person, instead of this thread, which more closely resembles chimps throwing poo. There are more consequences to throwing poo in person, and thus people are apt to be a bit more civil, as well as they probably don't want to be cleaning the hall afterwards.

I missed the auction meeting before Christmas, and am keen to get to the next one to talk and listen to people about this hobby of ours; keeping fish alive in glass boxes through love and technology.. or something like that.

I would rather affix my testicles to a blue marlin with a nailgun than come to a meeting to discuss this stuff. Some of us have enough stress and aggro in our lives without willingly submitting to more. Part of the reason I took up The Hobby is to escape this stuff.

#124 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Kleinz @ Jan 13 2012, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this thread, which more closely resembles chimps throwing poo.

Luv it! Rofl_3f.gif

#125 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Fish-lips @ Jan 13 2012, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow well said

If you could state exactly what your grievance is Dave we can do something to address it ey... I'm more than happy to discuss any problem or issue you may have

#126 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

It's not just me there's a lot of other people aswell as u can see

#127 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

replys in this thread

Poster Posts
Fish-lips 15
Riggertron 12
scottyhooton 12
bradfitzy 11
fourdapostle 8
Aquatic Dreams 7
Peckoltia 6
Poncho 5
Terry 5
Wet Dreams 4
werdna 3
crazyD 3
Sarah Jayne 3
Bickley 3
dave06 3
Neakit 3
CCA001 3
dazzabozza 3
Anka 2
zach16 2
Evil_Boof 1
Sarahhhhh 1
ryan overfield 1
Fish Antics 1
City Barn 1
tranced 1
Jason82 1
simmoman 1
Kleinz 1
saj 1
Craig 1
sandgroper 1
tropheus 1

#128 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

As a ommitee member aren't u supposed to calm the situation and set an example Scott

#129 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

yes I am you are correct , i have lashed out in this thread once or twice ... but as a cm I am also a little partial to becoming irritated when our hard work comes under fire

I do appologise to anyone I've offended and also to all whom have waisted their time reading this rubbish .

I'm sure our next club meet will be as enjoyable as always and I look forward to seeing you all there

#130 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Come on Dave, now your just causing trouble, I have repeatedly asked what your grievance is and I'm more than happy to discuss any issue you have. You've pointed out PCS needs fixing, how exactly?

I'm more than happy to help any way I can smile.gif

Cheers
Rigs

#131 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

I have heard about the thread this morning - Im not going to waste my time reading it.... but I have to add this....

QUOTE (Kleinz @ Jan 13 2012, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... this thread, which more closely resembles chimps throwing poo.

Edited by Mr_docfish, 13 January 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#132 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yep i would think that as an awesome idea an emergency meeting be held before the meeting if possible for members.

Then its up to the members to either turn up or shutup if you want your opinion to be heard go to the meeting if you cant make it for soem reason PM a member or write it down what your point may be and what you suggest to fix it.

Anybody can sit behind a monitor and type words and throw there weight around but how many off you would turn up and sort it out face to face.

OOOOOOOPS hope I don't start something else now committee sorry.

#133 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Lots of interesting posts here with most of them way off topic, I think the Committee does a wonderful job and I know from my own 12 years (aproximately) on the Committee that most decisions will upset somebody.
I resigned from the PCS because I wanted to speak for myself not the PCS. I do not have a problem with the PCS or any member of the Committee past or present, I do care about the PCS and its standing in the Community.
This thread was to draw attention to the decision to allow a new sponsor that in my opinion is not qualified to give advice to PCS members and so should not be endorsed by the PCS. It has nothing to do with Malaga or Kev
The owner put up a stupid post which showed his lack of knowledge, owners don't have to know fish they need to employ people who do. Giving a 16 yo a job is a start but the PCS should not send people to him just yet, give him time and he might become very usefull to the hobby. I am all for giving kids a go and have often helped them to get hooked in the hobby, but it takes a long time to be able to advise people who have spent $$$$$ and want to know what went wrong. Those of you who have worked in the industry know how often we have to sort out problems for people who were introduced to the hobby by supermarket styled shops. I had one today at pet magic and guess where she bought her tank #### ####
The conditions that fish are subjected to at this shop has been a concern for over a decade, some of you may remember when Ronda (my wife) was on the Committee. Her comment tonight was "When they applied years ago everybody said NO WAY" Has anything changed?
The same owner is there, his co mod on the forum admits the owner doesn't know much and he is only 16. Zach if ever you need advice ask here or contact a real LFS they WILL help you.

Edited by Terry, 13 January 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#134 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

I will see if we can't sort something to this effect , one thing is for sure though .... It will not take the place of our already scheduled meeting

#135 zach16

zach16
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 13 2012, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lots of interesting posts here with most of them way off topic, I think the Committee does a wonderful job and I know from my own 12 years (aproximately) on the Committee that most decisions will upset somebody.
I resigned from the PCS because I wanted to speak for myself not the PCS. I do not have a problem with the PCS or any member of the Committee past or present, I do care about the PCS and its standing in the Community.
This thread was to draw attention to the decision to allow a new sponsor that in my opinion is not qualified to give advice to PCS members and so should not be endorsed by the PCS. It has nothing to do with Malaga or Kev
The owner put up a stupid post which showed his lack of knowledge, owners don't have to know fish they need to employ people who do. Giving a 16 yo a job is a start but the PCS should not send people to him just yet, give him time and he might become very usefull to the hobby. I am all for giving kids a go and have often helped them to get hooked in the hobby, but it takes a long time to be able to advise people who have spent $$$$$ and want to know what went wrong. Those of you who have worked in the industry know how often we have to sort out problems for people who were introduced to the hobby by supermarket styled shops. I had one today at pet magic and guess where she bought her tank #### ####
The conditions that fish are subjected to at this shop has been a concern for over a decade, some of you may remember when Ronda (my wife) was on the Committee. Her comment tonight was "When they applied years ago everybody said NO WAY" Has anything changed?
The same owner is there, his co mod on the forum admits the owner doesn't know much and he is only 16. Zach if ever you need advice ask here or contact a real LFS they WILL help you.

Hay mate i don't mean to be inpolite or brag but i do know enough about fish to give people good advice i might be only 16 but it doesn't mean im an idiot. I do care about trying my best to give the best advice i can to customers. I have kept fish for at least 10 years now so i have a fair idea of how to keep and breed fish but i still learn everyday.So if your saying that i have lack of experience just because of my age you are wrong mate it doesn't mater how old you are all what maters that you love the hobey and you are willing to help other people to learn and love it to.

cheers zach.

#136 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Re: age, Terry you can vouch how good Cory O'Kane was at Zach's age? He was also on the committee during this period. I'm sure he had some great mentors to work with too.

#137 shep

shep
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

WOW !!!

Everyone who usually comes here to help each other just turned on each other !

Can any body who gained anything ''other than a rift in possible further dealings with selected members who they now have a grievance with.''

tell me what it is?

We all have a similar target with our fish keeping, let's help and support each other ( that's what i signed up for).

Good luck guys

#138 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (scottyhooton @ Jan 13 2012, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will see if we can't sort something to this effect , one thing is for sure though .... It will not take the place of our already scheduled meeting

HI ya Scotty,

Ye i didnt mean for it to take the place of the normal meeting i did say an emergency meeting smile.gif

#139 zach16

zach16
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (shep @ Jan 13 2012, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW !!!

Everyone who usually comes here to help each other just turned on each other !

Can any body who gained anything ''other than a rift in possible further dealings with selected members who they now have a grievance with.''

tell me what it is?

We all have a similar target with our fish keeping, let's help and support each other ( that's what i signed up for).

Good luck guys

So true mate good on ya smile.gif

#140 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Come on seriously people are just having a dig at each other now... What has age got to do with it seriously I'm 21 and helping 40+ year olds with advice zac is younger than me but has giving me some good advice you never stop learning no one can say they know everything no matter what age.... I'm a qualified cabinetmaker but because I'm only 21 does that mean you know more about my trade then I do ????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users