Photo

My 7x30x32 Planted Tank (dlw)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

My wife told me to do something with my tank - I could not see why.... Literally, I could not see into the tank...

09BFAC37-3D83-4F25-B851-6B0A4AC5FB56_zps

It has been a bit neglected due to insufficient time....

So I had a look from above to determine how to start pruning the tank.... Could not even get through there....

D90B9CBA-0CAB-4904-8437-077CFB897ED8_zps

But to my surprise - I got another inflorescence from one of my Aponogeton undulatus - it rarely flowers - very rarely - this was only the third time in as many years that I have ever seen one.... Im just in time now to be able to cross pollinate it...

6DB8FADE-69E1-47BC-8F27-0A28E7267578_zps

I am bringing in the prunings from this attempt - for those interested, I will have the following up for sale at Aquotix:

Aponogeton crispus (green)
Aponogeton undulatus
Cryptocoryne crispatula (balansae)
Red Tiger Lotus
Tricolour Lotus
Hygrophillia pinnatifida
Rotala macrandra (Red Rotala)
Pogostemon stellata
Crested Java fern
"Tropica" Java fern
Needle leaf chain sword

Might be other bits, never know sometimes what gets dredged up with the roots...

Edited by Mr_docfish, 19 April 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#62 Mattehx

Mattehx
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Still looks amazing nevertheless Doc. Makes me want to upgrade my small planted tank and try something on a much larger scale.

#63 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

With all that growth Ollie i take it that all the fish have been pushed up and out of the tank ( can't see any ).

#64 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

Just a few token platies and a few spare make blue grass guppies from my daughters tank.... I can't be stuffed feeding fish when I come home - so the livebearers have to work hard and find bits of algae to reap.....

#65 Charga

Charga
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

Quick question about the c02 as I am looking at running plants in my sump filter so I can transfer them into my display tank for the fish to munch on. Does the c02 alter the PH etc levels of the tank requiring any counteracting to keep the fish healthy ? or does it make no effect to the fish at all ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users