Photo

Fluro Algae?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

Hi I'm Lex, I have a Cichlid tank for breeding ngara flametails from Germany, but this is not why I am posting, I am posting as my tank has started to grow FLURO yellow algae and I looks really awesome, but I don't want it harming my fish, could I keep a bristlenose in with the ngara' or will they kill him he is about 6-8 cm (can't be eaten) here are some pictures!Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424513582.060620.jpg   139.27KB   3 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424513692.842747.jpg   448.47KB   3 downloads
As you can see I do have a lot of algae how do I treat it my water is perfect but since my pleco is gone and the light timer broke algae has bloomed? How do I treat it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

You don't treat algae it's part of the ecosystem and is a natural look. If it gets out of hand add a bristlenose, they will be fine with the Aulonocara.

#3 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:32 AM

You don't treat algae it's part of the ecosystem and is a natural look. If it gets out of hand add a bristlenose, they will be fine with the Aulonocara.

I understand it is part of the ecosystem, but will it add nitrates, ammonia or any bad chemicals to the water, have you had this FLURO green/yellow algae before? How could I remove it very quickly, will a bristle nose be harmed while the ngara's are breeding (will they be aggressive to it) is there a product to remove the algae and not effect the rest of the tank? Thanks

I understand it is part of the ecosystem, but will it add nitrates, ammonia or any bad chemicals to the water, have you had this FLURO green/yellow algae before? How could I remove it very quickly, will a bristle nose be harmed while the ngara's are breeding (will they be aggressive to it) is there a product to remove the algae and not effect the rest of the tank? Thanks

#4 silverscreen

silverscreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

if your tank is close to a window try to block the sun ...if you are using a light on the tank cut your time back...this will reduce the amount of algae that grows on your rocks and glass.

and bristlenose are tuff they will defend themselves against most fish or they will hide if you give them somewhere to do this.

ps throw some pics of your ngara flametails up...

Edited by silverscreen, 22 February 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#5 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

if your tank is close to a window try to block the sun ...if you are using a light on the tank cut your time back...this will reduce the amount of algae that grows on your rocks and glass.

and bristlenose are tuff they will defend themselves against most fish or they will hide if you give them somewhere to do this.

ps throw some pics of your ngara flametails up...

It is near a window, I'll lower the time on the light, and buy a bristlenose, here are the pics n vids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users