Getting New Types Of Fish Food Imported

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chocky

chocky
  • Photo Comp Official

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

Hey guys 

Just curious as to how to go about importing fish food from overseas? I have the form from Department of Agriculture in front of me... but its a bit confusing. lol 

For example - there's this awesome brand of goldfish pellets from Japan that a lot of the enthusiasts in the states are using and getting great results. 

http://highranchu.bl...ts-azayaka.html

Would there be any LFS be able to import for me? 

Thanks!

chocky

#2 Morley Aquariums

Morley Aquariums
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

Very long process, all sorts of sampling tests, ingredient compliance, possible gamma irradiation. For example Packaging must be approved, labelling must conform, even the boxes & pallets need to be the right type. New fish foods that appear are often only on the shelf after many, many months of red tape, jumping through hoops & adjustment to conform. There are however some great brands around, for example check the aquablue website for some really top class koi/goldfish foods. Hard to find locally, but much easier than from overseas. Hikari also do some top shelf foods for ponds.

#3 chocky

chocky
  • Photo Comp Official

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

Very long process, all sorts of sampling tests, ingredient compliance, possible gamma irradiation. For example Packaging must be approved, labelling must conform, even the boxes & pallets need to be the right type. New fish foods that appear are often only on the shelf after many, many months of red tape, jumping through hoops & adjustment to conform. There are however some great brands around, for example check the aquablue website for some really top class koi/goldfish foods. Hard to find locally, but much easier than from overseas. Hikari also do some top shelf foods for ponds.

<br />Sigh! <br />I thought that might be the case :( <br /><br />Thanks for the suggestion though. Will have a look :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users