Photo

Availability in Australia

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 noddy

noddy
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 February 2003 - 10:08 PM

I have been looking around all my lfs' and I am unable to find Ancistrus Hoplogenys or any Peckoltia vittata. I know that the Ancistrus Hoplogenys are available in australia but does anyone know about the Peckoltia vittata. Also if anyone knows a dealer or breeder in either the Melbourne or Albury/Wodonga areas could you please let me know.
Thanks for your time

#2 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 17 February 2003 - 06:56 AM

Peckoltia vittata turn up ocasionally but I haven't seen any for about 18 months. All Aquarium & Pets in Melbourne should be able to locate Ancistrus Hoplogenys
for you
Terry

#3 noddy

noddy
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 February 2003 - 03:00 AM

Thanks terry i will have to travel to melbourne to pick some up. do you know anyone in particular that stock the ancistrus sp.

#4 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:46 AM

There were several breeders here in Perth that were supplying
Melbourne & Sydney, but it seems this species has a few spawns then they stop. They are becoming rare again but there should be a few available. All Aquarium and pets will know if there are any about.
Terry

#5 ikan

ikan
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 February 2003 - 06:23 PM

I have never seen peckoltia vittata in Perth. Were they available? And are they very expensive too?

#6 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 20 February 2003 - 05:42 AM

I paid $200 for one but it was in poor condition and I lost it
Terry

#7 ikan

ikan
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 February 2003 - 06:30 PM

Terry, since you've been in the hobby for a long time and I would think you know many aquarium stores people.
Do they call you when they have something rare/new?
I just don't see them unless they are very expensive and stay in the store for a while like $1500 gold pleco at vebas.

#8 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 21 February 2003 - 05:39 AM

Some of the shops notify me when fish become available and I get email from all over oz. Today I recieved a call to inform me that Platydorus costatus are available, They are not in Perth.
Terry

#9 ikan

ikan
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:41 PM

I wonder if you can post it here if you hear about suckermouth catfish like peckoltia vittata for sale at reasonable (??) price. You don't need to mention who is selling if it is not necessary and perhaps interested person can email email for contact no.
That will help people like me and others here to buy rare catfish. For example Peckoltia vittata for $200 is just not something that I can get form LFS here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users