Photo

Altum angel

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ikan

ikan
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:56 PM

Just like to know if anybody have seen Altum Angelfish in Perth? They are on the legal import list but I have never seen them here. Very nice fish, don't mind few of them.

#2 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 24 January 2003 - 06:06 PM

Hey Ikan,

I have seen peruvian 'altums' imported which are really a wild form of scalare.. Apparently the true orinoco altum is on the wholesale list at the moment so your LFS should be able to get them in for you. Very nice fish, hard to breed, and grow very tall...

Also available is leopoldi, formerly known as dumerilii, and most of the ones available in perth are F1's so they are quite good stock also..

A few links for you if you are interested..

www.aquaworldnet.org/tas/ASgenetics.html

Wild angels!

www.angelsplus.com

Visit the:
Perth Cichlid Society Forums

#3 ikan

ikan
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2003 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the info mtcyhe. When you say they are on the wholesaler's list, does it mean they already in the country and LFS can simple order and have them send here? I used to have the Peruvian ALtum, I traded them in few months ago. They are nice but not as nice as the real altum. Any idea how much I will expect to pay?

#4 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 24 January 2003 - 09:18 PM

Yes I was told the LFS can order them now. Expect to pay quite a lot ! :)

Speak to your favourite LFS guy and they should be able to get you some, as this is the season for them.. They become periodically available, but make sure they are the true orinocan altum..

Visit the:

#5 ikan

ikan
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2003 - 09:24 PM

Thanks mtchye, I'll ask my LFS.

#6 Dawson83

Dawson83
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 January 2003 - 10:31 PM

Hey

I think midland pet shop have some altum angels. Or they might be dumerelli (or whatever). But they're not the common sort, and they are pretty cheap. I think they might be from one of Terry's altum spawns.

Cheers

Aaron

#7 ikan

ikan
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2003 - 01:00 AM

They are Peruvian Altum, it's actually not a real altum. I used to have them. I've called Aquotix and they said the real altum is not on the wholesalers list. They said if they were they could get it for around $90 for adult altum which I thought would cost more.

#8 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 25 January 2003 - 02:31 AM

Ikan speak to Kev at midland, he will be able to get a hold of them for you, and yes the price sounds about right ...

Visit the:

#9 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 25 January 2003 - 05:42 AM

The fish at Midland are F1 dumerilli.
26 Altums arrived in Perth about 12 months ago they were not in good condition and only 2 survived. They are owned by one of the workers at Veba's and are not for sale. There are a few Puruvians around and should sell for about $20 the altums sell for around $100 at 50cent coin size but there are none around ATM
Terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users