elongates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trent

trent
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:28 PM

hey everyone
when i got back from a holiday down south a couple of weeks ago i was surprised to find that my elongates and my lithobates had bred, both the females were holding. my lithobate soon swallowed her eggs for the second time :nsg but my elongates is still holding till this day and i have seen the fry they are very very small. i wass just wondering has any one really had any luck with these fish. any info will be great.

#2 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:50 AM

hmmm...what is a "elongates"??

#3 trent

trent
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:32 AM

hey maz
soz bout the spelling i was in a hurry i ment elongatus (my bad) have u had any luck wif em. i was looking em up on the net and i found a couple of differrent types one is a blue colour and the other is a brown colour with golden bars i have the brown one.
thanx trent

#4 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 January 2004 - 03:56 AM

There is, predominantly, 1(one) species of Ps.elongatus in Australia. Ithink recently in the East another one or two species have arrived.
As far as I am aware, the most available species is called 2 different names, sometimes 3, and has been in Aus for a while(10-12yrs). In the East, and one or two LFS's here in WA, they are called "Likoma Gold-bar" but here in the West(where they originated) they are called "Masimbwe".
There are many species of elongatus in the Lake.

HTH

#5 pacco

pacco
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:36 AM

There are some PS. elongatus "Chewere" around WA as well - although to be honest I think the "standard" elongatus looks better than them anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users