Photo

Back To Cichlids Again

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

hello guys my name is paul im back into the cichlids again ,having kept marine for so many years ,i found that the salt water fish were getting so expensive to buy .and not many places selling anymore so i have gone back to keeping cichlids in my 5ft tank ,hope to have some pics up soon........cheers,,,

#2 fishking123

fishking123
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

hi mate nice to meet you

#3 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hey mate what kind of cichlids are you keeping? Can't wait to check out your pictures.

Have fun on the forum & hope to meet you at a future meeting cheers

Sarah.

#4 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

hi thanks for the replies at the moment i have some blue dolphins and yellow labs ,the tank is fairly new ,,i would like to join the club ,im curious about the auctions .and meeting some people and seeing some peoples aquariums ,i would love some Aulonocara cichlids .

#5 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

the tankAttached File  005.JPG   1.47MB   54 downloads

#6 Johno1982

Johno1982
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hey nice setup Paul!!! im looking into a 6-7ft tank now wink.gif but i think i see the male peacock i sold you there wink.gif he looks happy as let me know when you get back and i'll let you know if i still have the yellows k but i def have 1 male and pretty sure 1 female thought they were both males but been watching the oher and yep i think its a female Enjoy mate

#7 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

Aww it's a shame you got rid of the marine tank... You could have 2 tanks lol
Nice work on the cichlid tank though looks the goods smile.gif

#8 choombies

choombies
  • Banned

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

Way to go blade cichlids mate way of the future smile.gifsmile.gif

#9 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

cheers .the marine tank was nice had it for 8 years ,bred my clowns fish couple of times ,but the upkeep was getting bit much when i lost my yellow tang which i had for 7 years i decided to call it a day ,traded the rest in and now im happy to be back into the cichlids again ,this forum is great ,glad i joined it .......thanks for the replies ,,,,,,,,,,,Attached File  006.JPG   72.26KB   26 downloads

#10 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Johno1982 @ Aug 15 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey nice setup Paul!!! im looking into a 6-7ft tank now wink.gif but i think i see the male peacock i sold you there wink.gif he looks happy as let me know when you get back and i'll let you know if i still have the yellows k but i def have 1 male and pretty sure 1 female thought they were both males but been watching the oher and yep i think its a female Enjoy mate
cheers mate the peacock is doing well .getting chased a bit so will have to add some more ,but he a beautiful specimen ,when i get back i will pm you to see if you still have the yellow left ,,,,thanx buddy ......

#11 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

Definately worth joining the club mate I'm only new to the club myself but so far I have see absolutely no downsides to being a member smile.gif the forum is just part of the club and the PCS auctions and meetings are a great place to meet fellow fish nerds and the silent auction last month was sweet, I'll definately be going to meetings regularly now and im really looking forward to the next one, it would be awesome to see you there mate smile.gif

Nick

#12 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

cheers riggerton, i will join the club when i get back from the philippines .....might check out the manila ocean park when im there .......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users