Photo

The Tanganyikan Project **PHOTOS**

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:15 AM

hey they all fine, and the julies are tiny yet they just chill around the tank no problem, i think the erets havnt got fully settled yet coz not too aggressive and probably very sensitive coz from the wild. but no problems with compatibility. The only little battle was an eret and a yellow, caused by the yellow. the erets just chill in the same place and get food then go back, my fav. fish now:b

#22 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for keeping us up to date with how its going, I'm very interested in this kind of setup...

I want a tank like this so bad! :eek

#23 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:42 PM

I have to get a new tank to split the malawis though, coz there nice in there but destroys the whole purpose, so i will split them soon. im still looking to get cyprichromis soon and see whats available.

thanks
ryan.

#24 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:39 PM

What are you feeding them?

(I'm glad your going to split the mbuna)

#25 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:47 PM

Im feeding them sera flora atm with spirulina tablets. They all seem to enjoy the food.

#26 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:59 PM

You are so lucky Ryan. Wild caughts, and eretmodus no less... Bet those plecos cost you very little too!

:p

Visit the:
Perth Cichlid Society Forums

#27 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:10 AM

haha the plecos cost 5RM each and at the moment divide by 2.7 to get the australian dollars, hehe, cheap.

#28 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:12 AM

got any updates for us?

#29 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

I am on holidays next week then im back and the whole tank should be complete.

ATM i have in there:

F0 Tropheus Kachese( changed the colony coz these are my favourite)

F0 Eretmodus cyanostictus
F1 julidochromis malieri
F? Neolamprologus Occelatus

When im back from my holiday i should have the cyps and ventralis( as they only featherfin available atm) ready and i will be complete.

As for now, the fish all get along quite well all ignoring eachother. The occelatus have just had fry last week and they swim inside the shells and just out the front. The gobies try to get some occie lunch but they just swim back into the shells and the female occie is very defesive and easily defends off two gobies. I believe i will lose quite a few though atm its all going good.

I have set up a sand area(changed my river sand to nicer white sand) for the ventralis also when they are ready and my tropheus arent very aggressive at all to other fish and i think they will go fine with featherfins.I guess we will soon find out:p .

Anyway, scott will post up my new pics for me of the fish so far. (thanks scott) i couldnt get a good tropheus pic as they arent settled yet and swim away too quick so i did a night photo and its dodgey so ill get scott to put it up anyway.

When im back from holiday ill get a pick of the full setup so you can see the changes and territories for all the fish.

thanks.

#30 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:04 PM

Sounds great, this is my dream setup. As soon as move house and have room for a large tank (probably 6x2x2) this is very similar to what I'm planning on doing. I really wanna put my 4 ocellatus in there but I'm worried how they will go, so I'm glad you've got some in yours so I can't find out how yours get along...

#31 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:13 PM

yeh with the ocelatus i put then on the far side of the tank seperated by a sand area to the main rocks.(pics when back from holiday) No fish goes near them except the gobies and the occies can easily hold their own against others.

#32 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:48 AM

have you taken out those inferior malawis yet? ;)

What numbers of each species have you got?

#33 cichlid hunter

cichlid hunter
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:46 AM

hey, sry this is ryan(of1o).
I have got rid of the malawis now :p

I have a pair of occelatus now, i put one pair in a different tank
15 Tropheus Kachese
5 malieri
5 cyanostictus

cya

Edited by: Cichlid Hunter at: 8/11/04 8:47 pm

#34 trofius

trofius
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:25 AM

hey all this is a copy of a post that I put on the Queensland site a few weeks ago, i hope it is of interest.

I have been experimenting with various combinations for the best part of a year now. Within the next month or so I will finally have the new 8 footer up and running, will have the new filter running and seeded within the month. and then to stocking.

i have stocked all these fish together in some combo within the last few months, and all is working out fine. But must add that all fish are different some play nice and some dont , you really must try and see how things go, and have a spare tank ready if ll dosent go well.!

The tank will be a 8x2x2, creek sand, huge (top to bottom) fake rocks in the middle and one end,scattered real rocks at the base of these. other end all sand...

Tank mates currently in a 6x18x18, which will be added to the 8 footer include:
22 Tropheus duboisi "Maswa"
12 Tropheus sp. Black "Kiriza"
4 Xenotilapia spilopterous
6 Lamprologus occelatus.

Also to be added will be:
2 extra small male Foai, "Magara"
17+ Lepto "Kitumbas",
4 Julidiochromis regani

whats that about 67 fish......mmmm,

The diet for these fish is and will be a 50:50 ratio of OSI spirilina, and sera flora, they all ll seems to love it.

I will also try and get a bit on anubius growing as well just for something a bit different in colour.,I have a few big bits waiting.....

Mick, Rockhampton
seeneym(at)hotmail.com
Micks Fish Pics

#35 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:03 AM

Sounds good. Once you've got it set up please post some pics if you can.

Got any new photos coming oF10?

#36 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:53 PM

Hey yeh i just waiting for scott to post them for me... il contact him today to do it. :)

cya

#37 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:26 AM

Hers a few pics of the occleatus and goby.. my last order of fish is due soon so when thats arrived next month sometime ill put the photos of the complete tank.

thanks

#38 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for the new photos. Congrats on your occies breeding. I've tried to get photos of my fry while in the shell but its always pretty difficult to get shots of such small fish.

#39 eX024

eX024
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:54 PM

how's the tank going? got any new photos?

#40 =ryan=

=ryan=
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

Hi, the tank is goin great... although the last order fell through and the new one is due to be sent soon.... so ive had to wait a long time but that is ok... coz im enjoying what i have so far till then... as soon as i get the fish i will post pics.

The reason its such a long process to get fish imported here is the issue of not exceeding the minimum order because theres only a small amount of enthusiasts here.... thats why the last order fell through...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users