New Beginnings In Tb's...new Pic In Last Post

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (ice @ May 1 2012, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome tank dano, will look even better once everything puts on a bit of size and condition too! Was a nice dinner and good to see the lads and meet sam, we should do another dinner when you get back and see the difference in size!

Nice to meet you to man.

If ya need a hand moving your tank with Bowdy and I'm free I'll come help.

#22 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Peckoltia @ May 1 2012, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love that bit of wood.

A small group of oxe-eye herring would also look great in that tank.

Thanks Alex...

re the wood; I took my kids home schooling co-op on a field trip out near Midland. We were having an awesome time exploring a dry creek bed. I found both pieces of wood that are in the tank there. I was pretty stoked hey. The long piece I had to break but it slipped back together almost perfectly so that you cannot see the join...the whole piece was 245cm long & 65cm high...perfect for my 275x65...at the right hand end it fit perfectly under the cross brace so that it was held in place despite not being water logged!

Where would I beging to look for oxe-eye herring? Are there any in WA that you know of & how much would I expect to pay? Might be better to PM that info if you have any smile.gif

Cheers mate,

Danny

#23 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Howdy guys & gals...got the light hung today finally...here's a crappy iphone 3 pic...welded some ducting clamps onto a piece of 25mm square tube 150mm long to bring lights out the desired distance from rear of tank...attached each clamp to the I-beam above the tank...cut the end at 45 the drilled and ran some speed link cable to the 25sq galv bar that the lights are suspended from...the beauty of the speed link cable is that you can easily adjust the length up or down...you get the idea;

Edited by danotaylor, 04 May 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#24 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Looks so good mate!

Job well done!

#25 sue

sue
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Fantastic looking tank, Dano - all the research you did paid off. I want one!!!!! lol

#26 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

Hey Dan

Have the heaters been crankin lately? What temperature do u need to hold/reach?

Daz

#27 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

My 1100Ltr Tank is in my shed Daz. Lately doors have been open as my dogs sleep in there and yet to put a dog door in. So pretty much in the elementsatheist same as Dans. I am running a 300watt Jäger in my sump and Temp sits between 26.5 at night and 28.5 daytime. I will monitor it as the nights get colder but so far heater hasn't really been cranking. Just comes on now and then.

Thought you might be interested in this Dan. Found a pic of my Jardini when I purchased him. Probably about the same size as yours. 10cm or so. The last pic was taken a few days ago. 8 months later and he has grown another 30cm ontop of that! So about 35-40cm now.

One of my the my favorite fish I have owned to this day. So much personality!

Give you something to look forward to.

P.S as I said to you the other night at dinner. Mine grew up with smaller fish and is still fine to be kept with fish that he could easily swallow! So you should be fine with those little monos! Fingers crossed anyway!

#28 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

hey Daz...i have the 2 x 300W'ers set at 23.5...warm enough for the fish to grow thru the winter but not too hot so that heaters run alot...I don't have a thermometer in yet but will be putting one in this weekend...the eheim 300W are rated for up to 1000 litres so teh 2 should be plenty for this tank...with the tank being outside I would say that they run on & off fairly consistently throughout the night...

Edited by danotaylor, 05 May 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#29 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (SamJohns @ May 4 2012, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought you might be interested in this Dan. Found a pic of my Jardini when I purchased him. Probably about the same size as yours. 10cm or so. The last pic was taken a few days ago. 8 months later and he has grown another 30cm ontop of that! So about 35-40cm now.

P.S as I said to you the other night at dinner. Mine grew up with smaller fish and is still fine to be kept with fish that he could easily swallow! So you should be fine with those little monos! Fingers crossed anyway!

Thanks Sam...definitely looking forwad to seeing the jardini grow out...I think I will be surprised even when I return from OS in 3 months time...was thinking of testing yuor theory and putting some of the rainbows that grow larger in, but I think the barra in the ned will nail em so still not too sure...a major consideration for me is that other people are paying for the fish in the community TB tank...makes things a little more challenging smile.gif
Do you have your heater set at 28 degrees?
Thanks for posting bro, Dano

Edited by danotaylor, 05 May 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#30 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Looking great mate , love the scaping

#31 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Your making me want a TB tank Dano smile.gif the lights look great now there hung up smile.gif

#32 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Updates Dano?

#33 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Pretty sure dano is over seas for couple months dazz.

#34 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

G'day Crew...

Just back from 3 1/2 months o/s. Here are some recent update shots as requested by Daz. Hope you enjoy.

Dano

#35 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Looking great mate, plenty of growth on the fish!

#36 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

im feeling this.
Looks rad, aussie TBs are interesting fish too.......
remove smaller things and get a muarry cod perhaps?

#37 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Murray cod would be awesome but you can forget about removing smaller things, you'd need to remove everything! I had a little one a while ago and it would attack my gibby that was twice its size and even had a go at my mangrove jack before the jack tore it in half.. Good for a species only tank but I wouldn't dedicate a beautiful big tank like that to just one fish unless it was really something special or sentimental.

#38 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I love that tank.

#39 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Looks great Dano. Much of a spike in the electricity bill over winter?

Plan for any more additions? Still sticking with natives? An ID shark would look mint and I know where to find one wink.gif

#40 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Dont ruin a nicely aquascaped tank like that with a big clumsy ID shark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users