Photo

Gaming : New Games And Ps3

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

Hey anyone playing anything newly released? I just completed Crysis which although has great graphics, I felt the ememies in COD4 were much, much more realistic, especially when you shot them.

I've been on the many Game review sites and I cant seem to find a single new PC, Wii or XB360 game that looks interesting, that damn PC version of COD4 has taken my gaming expectations to a whole new level and now very little seems to please me. Maybe I should just submit and buy WOW and become another drone on the net.

The only new exciting thing I've seen is the game "Spore" which is due for release in September and it looks pretty awesome, but I want to find something awesome thats available right now!

Thats what brings me to the PS3 subject, I seen the Metal gear solid4 is out and seems for now its going to be exclusive to the PS3 so Im thinking of buying the PS3 so I can get it, but I really want to try to avoid buying a new console just for one game, my small living room is getting too cramped already.

Also can anyone recommend the best place to buy PC games, somewhere that has a huge range, Dick smiths and Harvey norman doesnt really have much down my way.

Cheers
Den

#2 rule_breaker

rule_breaker
  • Banned

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:38 PM

Gday Den,
I feel the same thing about games at the moment as you. It all depends on the games your into. but EBGames (http://www.ebgames.c...u/home/home.cfm) have a fairly large range of pc games, and usually thier staff have a good idea of the games out now,
as for PS3 you can have mine for the right price wink.gif
AND PLEASE i beg of you PLEASE do not get wow T_T so many addicts sad.gif the game realy isnt that good sad.gif blizzard should drop wow to finish sc2 and d3 faster

#3 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hey Den biggrin.gif

Ive bought a few games from here and have found them a good shop.

http://www.gamesmark...om.au/index.php

What kind of games do you like would be a better question ?
I just got a ps3 a few weeks ago , and have Oblivion, GTA 4, GT 5 Prologue, Sid Meirs Revolution, Burnout Paradise and enjoy all of them.

Game to watch out for coming up, Spore, Fallout 3 and Resident evil 5.

Try Oblivion on the PC Den , that will keep you busy until Spore is released and is brilliant game.

Craig

#4 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Scat @ Jul 6 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try Oblivion on the PC Den , that will keep you busy until Spore is released and is brilliant game.
Craig

Yes... try Oblivion! biggrin.gif

By the way, most new games gets released during the X-mas shopping period! smile.gif

#5 fush_and_chops

fush_and_chops
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

try runescape i used to play and it had the big graphical upgrade on thursday

#6 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

Hi Guys

I like FPS type action games, but can appreciate any type of game as long as it has good playability, and great graphics are a bonus!

I hired and played Oblivion on the 360, I felt the graphics and playability were pretty lame, I assume the PC version of Oblivion is better based on other games such as FEAR and QUAKE4 which are great on PC where the 360 versions I thought were pathetic in comparison.

Thanks for the PS3 offer rule breaker but I want to avoid another console in the living room, I have game controllers all over the place as it is already!

and thanks for the weblinks, they'll keep me busy this evening smile.gif .

Cheers
Den

#7 Leevers

Leevers
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

Den, have you tried Battlefield 2142? takes alot of skill, and although the game is based a few years into the future. Killing an opponant isn't always an easy task. The games ranking, and weapon unlock system is far better than BF2 and is alot more difficult to gain ranks as you progress into the game. I've played COD4, and to be honest......I find it to be a waste of time in comparison to BF2142.
It's an online only game though with a single player and bot feature once you've logged in. It's free to play online also.

Be warned though. Graphic and sound cards would want to be up to scratch as it has a fair bit of demand.

#8 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Jul 6 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hired and played Oblivion on the 360, I felt the graphics and playability were pretty lame, I assume the PC version of Oblivion is better based on other games such as FEAR and QUAKE4 which are great on PC where the 360 versions I thought were pathetic in comparison.

Cheers
Den

Oblivion on PC has much better graphics... especially with DX10. Like I stated before in another thread, get ready for your eyeballs to pop out Den! biggrin.gif

#9 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

Thanks Leevers I'll check it out, it must be good if its better than COD4! biggrin.gif

DX10 guess I better get that Vista Ultimate sorted out ASAP!

Just ordered, Battlefield: Bad Company & BF2142, hopefully this should keep me busy for a while, biggrin.gif

I just realised I still have Gears of war which I havent even opened yet!

#10 RedCod

RedCod
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

Play COD4 online... smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users