Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Redevilz's Content

There have been 13 items by Redevilz (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#365782 Pleco Caves

Posted by Redevilz on 05 May 2018 - 02:01 PM in Catfish & Loaches

Ok cheers I’ll have a look

#365778 Tropheus

Posted by Redevilz on 05 May 2018 - 01:35 AM in Cichlid Discussion

Haha cheers for the advice, where can I get these Vitalis Rings from? They sound perfect. I have heaps on spirulina flakes and some small algae pellets (that are hikari I think).

#365751 Pleco Caves

Posted by Redevilz on 01 May 2018 - 09:34 PM in Catfish & Loaches

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone knows where I could get some terracotta or slate pleco caves, dont mind if theyre round or square but preferably terracotta cos I already have a couple of them.

Cheers

#365732 Tropheus

Posted by Redevilz on 30 April 2018 - 12:45 AM in Cichlid Discussion

Thanks for the advice! That’s amazing how yours jump into your hand haha, I’ve never had fish that friendly except for my Oscar.

I saw some nice Moorii at Vebas the other day, thinking of getting a small colony of them for the tank.

What food do you feed your tropheus Chris?

#365652 Leichardti’S 6X2X2 Bedside Display

Posted by Redevilz on 15 April 2018 - 03:14 PM in Journals

Awesome tank, won’t blood and bone mess with the water chemistry though?

#365651 Tropheus

Posted by Redevilz on 15 April 2018 - 02:22 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Hey all,

Ive got a Jewel Rio 240 just waiting to be set up at the moment and was thinking of getting a small colony of tropheus for it.

Just wanted to know what types of Tropheus are going around at the moment in Perth that arent super expensive.

Cheers, Ben

#365389 Red Sea All In One Tanks

Posted by Redevilz on 17 March 2018 - 02:12 PM in Marine Discussion, Photos & Journals

Hey All,

Was wanting to know if anyone has had one of the Red Sea all in one marine tanks before and what they thought of it. Ive heard theyre really good setups except for the lights which arent the brightest. Im thinking of getting one of the nano all in ones they have with their cabinets because the large setups are way too expensive.

Cheers

#365388 4X2X2 Marine

Posted by Redevilz on 17 March 2018 - 02:08 PM in Marine Discussion, Photos & Journals

Sounds good. Do you find the snails and hermit crabs actually help out with cleaning the algae and sand bed much?

#365353 Returning To Cichlid Keeping

Posted by Redevilz on 15 March 2018 - 08:05 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Pretty much, there was a small gap between the roof and the wall on one side that I didn’t notice and the water was funneling in through there.

#365344 Returning To Cichlid Keeping

Posted by Redevilz on 14 March 2018 - 11:58 PM in Cichlid Discussion

So this whole plan came to a bit of a halt when I walked into my ‘watertight’ shed to find my box storing all my fish keeping equipment filled with rainwater. I’ve replaced it now and should be getting the tank happening tomorrow for sure.

Watch this space, will definitely have something running by the weekend.

#365343 4X2X2 Marine

Posted by Redevilz on 14 March 2018 - 11:53 PM in Marine Discussion, Photos & Journals

Is this tank still running? Was starting to come together in those photos, cool clowns.

#363779 Returning To Cichlid Keeping

Posted by Redevilz on 23 October 2017 - 11:19 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Thanks Fox yeah I got the Indian almond leaves from Aquotix.

Cheers for the advice Poncho, thinking I might go down the Apistogramma route and see if I can get a cool species, I've kept shellies before but found apistos cooler really although the shellies were interesting.

#363734 Returning To Cichlid Keeping

Posted by Redevilz on 15 October 2017 - 10:26 PM in Cichlid Discussion

After a break from fish keeping for a little over a year after moving house into a smaller rental property, I had decided to get some cichlids again!

My 2x 4 foot aquariums are still in storage but I'm setting up a 60x30x45 tank which I'll either plant or just leave with the current sand and gold vine with Indian almond leaves. I'll add photos tomorrow and I'll have the tank up and running by this weekend.

If anyone has any fish recommendations in terms of dwarf cichlids and where to find them they would help a lot cheers

Ben