Photo

Fish Store Nor

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 25GTT

25GTT
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

I agree with Malawiman, not right to think that Chain stores dont care about the fish industry when the management of said chain store has personally helped me countless times.

I do appreciate however the non chain stores being able to take fish, that is very nice of them and well done to them, but again that doesnt mean that the employees of chain stores dont care about the industry, they work with what they are given to work with.

The sponsors on this forum are fantastic, and have been mentioned on here as well, Seaview as an example. I didnt however mention any others because the OP lives where I live and other than Seaview most sponsors are 30+mins drive away.

Edited by 25GTT, 02 April 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#22 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

i did not say the employees though.... my point is the company itself that is setting the rules the stores run by.... and Paul im not talking about them buying back fish.... im talking about taking any fish that someone brings in that they no longer want and just gives it to them... not meaning taking back fish someone bought from them and then decided they didnt want them anymore .... and not buying any fry from local breeders even people that bought the parent fish from that store... thats silly imho

#23 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

I agree mate that not buying fry, etc locally is silly. Especially when considering LFS must do pretty well out of locally bred fry.

Im all for sponsors and supporting them. Just want everyone to remember all the guys and girls that contribute to the hobby that work at chain stores.

I reckon some are bad but some are as good as and i reckon, in one or two comparisons, better than some of the sponsors.

Its not a bad thing.. I would say there are 2 or 3 sponsors that are head and shoulders above the rest... Maybe the other sponsors should take note and pick up their socks.

#24 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

yeah i aggree mate... look at all the stuff that a store like Aquotix does for the club and for the members but not just the members ollie doesn't descriminate lol.... you throw questions at that bloke and he will throw the answers back that fast that you've barely finished the question before you got the answers and with a smile ... and Paul from morley works his but off for people aswell....

#25 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Yep and they were the 2 of the 2 or 3 that I was talking about being head and shoulders above.

#26 25GTT

25GTT
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Group hug then? :)

Most importantly yet again this great forum has proven to be a wonderful information resource to a new hobbyist of whom we managed to assist.

#27 Auzziebuddy

Auzziebuddy
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

thats quite a strong broad statement... one suspects your problem with disease , dead fish is more likely accredited to how your keeping your fish and how often you feed / waterchange / maintain filtration......   and simply by adding fish that have whitespot in early stages before you recognise it...

I'm going to bite my tongue.

#28 jeffblack

jeffblack
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Gone Troppo seem to have a broad selection of gear and food, guy seems to know his stuff. No livestock though.

#29 Bombshocked

Bombshocked
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

If Your Not A Sponsor You Should Get Your Own Site Or Support The Club, After Seeing The Auction And The Donations From Sponsors And Input From Members/Committee I Feel That Sponsors Of The Club Should Be The Only People Here Advertising To Stop Loosing Business To These Massive Turd Factory's

Why Shouldn't Sponsors Have The Right To Be Exclusive Advertisers I Know Its An Open Forum But.... If I'm Not Allowed To Talk Bad About Chain Stores Why Should People Be Able To Talk Good About Them, Seems As Tho People Will Be Led Down A Miss leading Path With Information That's Selective And Edited To Reflect Only Positive Feedback

Go Troppo Is Great For Me To Avoid Chain Stores For Dry Goods

Edited by Sir_Anubias, 02 April 2014 - 10:19 PM.

#30 Karkaradon

Karkaradon
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for all the great info.
I will be visiting Seaview and Morley on recommendation from everyone here and I will even put together a packed lunch and make the trek down to aquotix to check things out down there...
Sorry if I spoke out of turn regarding the local store....

#31 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

No need to apologise, that's why we are all on the forum. Getting advice from others, as well as sharing advice on here too.
If someone wants to pay $30 or more for poor quality electric yellows, then by all means, go to City Farmers :)

#32 25GTT

25GTT
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

Test

Edited by 25GTT, 02 April 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#33 Raymaner

Raymaner
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

Just read this thread, and i must say that city farmers currambine is getting alot of hate from quite a few of you which is not warranted. I live near that store and frequent it quite alot and have been served by Jason numerous times without hassle. I have even put in orders for fish through them and have always received livestock in perfect health as well as the equipment i have bought has never been faulty. Jason has always been able to have a chat and seems to know his stuff much more than a few of the other aquarium shops i have been to...ahem ######### just to name one..... I see ######### being named as having great livestock but i was there recently because of all the nice things said about it on this forum....I was thoroughly disappointed. Alot of the livestock looked malnourished,equipment was placed all over the show and just not what you would expect from a store that has the reputation as it does. Vebas, and morley aquariums were really good but alas too far to travel. So with all the negativity put against City Farmers in Currambine i would like to turn the tables and give them the thumbs up as even though they are a chain store, that shouldn't put anyone off as they have experienced employees who know their stuff!!

Edited by dazzabozza, 03 April 2014 - 07:02 PM.
Business names removed. Negative feedback is not allowed - See T&C's

#34 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

Raymaner reread this post it isnt city farmers curambine that is getting any hate its what city farmers the company that owns them is doing by not allowing the stores to do the right thing... i did not see any reply in here that has singled out anything about city farmers curambine being a bad store?

#35 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

I'm going to bite my tongue.

only if you wish to have a sore tongue... everybodies  input is welcome as long as it abides by the t&c's......

which does refresh my memory - i do believe after deciphering the t&c's that naming and giving negative feedback isnt allowed.... 

so we are allowed to name and give positive feedback... so one must just about assume if you dont get positive feedback then your automatically dealt negative feedback.... maybe something that needs to be overhauled one day :)

#36 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

Raymaner reread this post it isnt city farmers curambine that is getting any hate its what city farmers the company that owns them is doing by not allowing the stores to do the right thing... i did not see any reply in here that has singled out anything about city farmers curambine being a bad store?

this thread cf currambine has been singled out as being good not bad.
Though there has been anti cf sentiment in general, thats the opinion and experience of the posters. Some cf stores deserve the bad reputation. Their is the odd sponsor or 2 with pretty average reputations in Perth at the moment... No need to name them everyone figures out who they are.

There isnt a lot of choice this far north. All the good sponsors are miles away unless you need something specific or plan on spending big $ its hard to justify the journey.

#37 jeffblack

jeffblack
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

Agreed on sponsors MM, one particular store really needs to look at euthanizing or at least medicating some of the stock in tank, had a look at some of the Tropheus on offer, some of them had the worst case of bloat I have ever seen , not to mention the majority of the fish in the tanks just don't look healthy. For a dedicated aquarium store this is appalling they're selling these fish to the hobbyist.

#38 Raymaner

Raymaner
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

I was just stating my personal opinion, this was just in reply to someone else saying they got clown loaches with ich from Currambine. But my grievance was also with a few sponsors as well as i have had such bad experiances with a few.

#39 Auzziebuddy

Auzziebuddy
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi bigjohnnofish.
No problems, I can completely understand that it's easy to make inaccurate statements based on your own previous experiences and inability to avoid those things you mentioned.
Keep trying and who knows maybe your fish keeping will improve.
If you ever looking for any constructive help or whatever, give me a yell.
Matt

#40 jeffblack

jeffblack
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Ouch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users