Gold Head Compressiceps Settling In

Compressiceps

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chezzarenko

chezzarenko
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hi, I bought 3 gold head compressiceps a few weeks ago and put them together with my frontosa juvies and when I came back from work the next day, two of the compressiceps died. The third one is still alive but not eating and moving well. I was curious why this happened so I bought two compressiceps kigoma and they both seem happy and eating well. My question is, are gold head compressiceps usually hard to settle into a new tank? What experiences do you guys have with keeping gold head compressiceps. Thanks.

#2 goldenswimmers

goldenswimmers
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

hey mate Ive had a trio of Gold heads in the past and they seemed fine but in saying that Ive noticed they can "turn" quickly as I found out with a larger normal comp. I've had recently...I wouldn't call them fragile or weak but can be a little finicky with conditions and eating just from my experience...Id give just a little more attention to acclimatising,fellow tank mates and feeding...once they are happy and settled in they seem fine...and use feeding as a sign of this..as soon as they aren't eating(like any fish)somethings up...could the juvie fronnies have been a little too curious???....and just hassled them a bit too much...im thinking they were fine before you grabbed them so Id say either the little fronnies have given them a bad welcoming or the acclimatisation wasn't good for them...just my 5c mate and good luck with any future comps as I think they are awesome fish...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Compressiceps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users