Donations For School Aquaculture Program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 gauz

gauz
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping this is appropriate and reasonable for this section.

I'm teaching science at Jurien Bay District High School (a small country school) and I have been given the green light to offer aquaculture electives for students from year 7 to 10 next year. I'm hoping to begin the program with cichlid breeding for the older students and the younger students will be working on maintaining and assessing growth of yabbies.

As we are a small school we will not have much in the way of a budget and I'm hoping to make it into a decent operation. I am therefore seeking donations of spare aquariums (safe condition) and equipment to allow us a decent start up. Any donations are highly appreciated and I am able to collect any when I'm down in Perth during some weekends ( also whilst I definitely fully appreciate any contributions I may be limited in what I can collect and how far I can travel for things)

Please feel free to PM me if you wish to know more or if you have things you would be willing to donate.

#2 gauz

gauz
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

BUMP

#3 chen

chen
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

Do you want 5f x 18x18 tall 3 level aquarium setup .the tank the top two level tank in good condition ,the bottom tank in safe condition too. It with heavy duty metal stand if you want it look good may need repaind .it come with all piping to the sump. But it doesn't come with sump so you need find or make sump go with it or just cover the drill hole run as 3 different individuals tank.you need pick up.
If you want please let me know.

Cheers

Chen

#4 gauz

gauz
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

Thanks chen, that's an amazing offer. If you're in a hurry to offload it I may not be able to take it, but if you have time I'll need to call in a whole heap of favours that I don't yet deserve and I may be able to get it up here but it sounds like a great set-up. We have the expertise to get it running.

Do you by chance have some photos you can send to give an idea of the full set up? If it's easier to SMS the pictures rather than upload them, just PM me and I'll give you my mobile number.

Thanks again!

Glen

#5 chen

chen
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:51 AM

I have take a part the set up.it just laid around my back yard .pm me you phone number I will sent you photo .
I can hold for you if you really want it.but don't take too long lol.. You need two strong people to move that set up .the are very heave .

Cheers
Chen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users