Photo

Blue Eyed Pleco (Panaque Cochliodon)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newtonj

newtonj
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

I was surprised that i couldn't find anything on the forum about the Blue Eyed Pleco. Just thought i would ask if anyone has ever heard of one in Australia? I have heard of them in America and that's it. They aren't on the noxious list so I'm curious to know if we would be able to get them here?

Attached Files

#2 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

Never seen a blue eyed panaque, but have seen the nigrolineatus ones before - around 1200 ea from memory, Nice fish panaques.

#3 newtonj

newtonj
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

yea I have seen those for sale every now and then. i still think the Blue eye more impressive

#4 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Haven't seen these for many years. Expect to pay 2k+, even sought after in over seas collections.

#5 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

they used to be around 8-10 years ago a fair bit... a guy in queensland even bred them in his dam {apparently} but i havent seen any lately and yes i guess a price for one now would be over 2k and prob a decent size too... these fish live fairly long lives when kept properly so its not out of the question for there to still be some around....

biggest problem being collectors buy em up and you never see them again.... better if breeders bought them up and bred them for everybody but it doesnt always happen like that....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users