Hello! We're Two And We're New!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MadMoorii

MadMoorii
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

Hi there, we are MadMoorii!

My boyfriend and I bought a 4 foot tank from friends about 6 months ago and have populated it with some gorgeous Malawi cichlids. We are very new to this whole fish-keeping business, and the whole experience has been a little up and down. We've had a couple of deaths, but nothing too traumatic (so far). In 6 months we've managed to keep 12 of 15 fish alive - here's hoping we keep the next 6 months 12 out of 12!

We decided to get in to fish as a distraction from the monotony of work (and our friends have a very enviable marine setup - we wanted the life, but the easier option).

Our tank has granite substrate with lots of limestone rocks and caves. We've also recently added a number of large val plants. Our residents currently include a number of electric blues (sciaenochromis ahli), bristlenose catfish (ancistrus sp.), some electric yellows (labidochromis caeruleus) and, our favourites, blue dolphins (haplochromis moorii).

All our fish are still quite young (between 10 and 20 months old we think) so its a little hard to tell what sex most of them are. We'll let you know when we figure it out!

So far I have only ever used these forums to get information on looking after our fish (and the help has been invaluable) - but I'll hopefully start posting some happy information and photos of our gorgeous little guys soon!

Thanks in advance!!
Kate (MadMoorii)

#2 4x4xfar

4x4xfar
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

Congratulations on getting into the hobby, beware....it is addictive!

#3 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hi Kate and Welcome to the PCS Forums biggrin.gif

This is a great hobby and meeting people from the forums and the club itself is a great way to share & learn !

Hope to see you at a meeting one day biggrin.gif

Craig

#4 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

Welcome to the forum Kate. Nice introduction and great attitude. I look forward to seeing the photo's and your updates.

Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users