Photo

Texas Spawns...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

i bought 6 carpintis in may...  recently a pair formed in the tank... they now have free swimmers

i moved the other 4 about a week ago... into another tank then 3 days later i found one dead... turns out a second pair had formed i put the remaining little (looks like a little female) into a big black floating basket... last night as she started getting heckled and today the second pair has wrigglers aswell... my jd's have 1 1/2 cm babys now and are doing an awesome job of raising them themselves..

so yeah guess its a good strike rate 2 pairs out of 6 fish.. the first pair to form the male is only 3 1/2 inches and female 2 1/2 inches. 

oh and ofcourse then theres my 6-7cm whiptail fry... about 7 of them between 4-5cm... and one bigger one at 6-7cm and  number smaller then that...

finally having some luck with breeding up here with this hard as water ... lol

ps. next time i come to perth (unsure when) i would like to bring the extra little texas down with me so let me know if any of ya would want her 

Edited by TheTexasCichlidMasacre, 06 August 2014 - 09:47 PM.

#2 Jarrod90

Jarrod90
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Might be interested in this, my male carpintis needs to be moved to a new home since he's formed a breeding pair with my female jag :\

Still thinking about whether to put him in a display tank with my male JD or get a new lady friend for him haha, will keep an eye out and let you know

#3 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

Cool yeah she still in the big floating black basket I have but seems<br />A lot happier in there as she has a PVC pipe in there and isn't being chased all day <br /><br /><br /> PowPow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users