Bristlenose Babies!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goldfishguru

Goldfishguru
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

hi all
my albino b/nose have just had babies and there now swimming around the tank there is about 30 of them so far but there will be more in the ship wreck.this is my first batch so im new to baby b/nose and im quite proud to be honest lol. just wondering when i should separate the babies from the parents as i want to move them from there 2.5ft tank to a 3fter also will this be ok to use for them or is 3ft to big. i have heard that they grow bigger and quicker in bigger tanks. also will a powerful pump and filter be good or will it suck the babies up. any feedback would be much aprecciated and also is anyone interested in buying the babies once they are around the 4-5cm mark.

cheers callum

#2 4x4xfar

4x4xfar
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

You can remove the father from the tank as soon as the bristlenose have hatched from their eggs. If you have the mother in there you could have removed her at anytime as the mother has nothing to do with raising the eggs.

I have no filtration in my fry raising tank, just an airator and I do a daily water change to suck up all the waste, the water is replaced with water from the tank they originally came from.
Some people use foam filters, but yeah, you definatly dont want a powerful pump as it will suck up the fry.

Once they have used up all their yolk sack I just feed them flake food which is pre wet so it sinks

#3 shortie

shortie
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

get the airation happening
they cant breathe that well on their own yet and are unable to get to the surface
disrupt the male in the cave too. he'll sit in there and starve just for a couple of fry
good luck
regards matt

#4 Goldfishguru

Goldfishguru
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (shortie @ Sep 21 2008, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get the airation happening
they cant breathe that well on their own yet and are unable to get to the surface
disrupt the male in the cave too. he'll sit in there and starve just for a couple of fry
good luck
regards matt

ive taken both the male and female out of the tank and put them in another but i havent set up the airation yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users