bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:53 AM

:) :) :) 

#2 Chris Perth

Chris Perth
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

OK I'll bite - 4 Days to What? or were you just hallucinating at 1 o'clock in the morning :-)

#3 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

4 days to this:

http://www.telegraph...l-inauguration/

#4 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

I should remove this on principal.. Johnno you know what I mean ;-)

I don't want to see a political or racial argument here guys.. just so it's clear.

This is a fish forum.

#5 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

OK I'll bite - 4 Days to What? or were you just hallucinating at 1 o'clock in the morning :-)

4 days until lord Voldemort takes over USA

#6 Chris Perth

Chris Perth
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

I should remove this on principal.. Johnno you know what I mean ;-)

I don't want to see a political or racial argument here guys.. just so it's clear.

This is a fish forum.

I think this is quite appropriate for the 'Off the Wall' forum - we've had the big 'growing chillies' discussion and I think this should be just as 'hot' LOL

#7 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

The end is nigh.

#8 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

this is a forum where people converse and discuss opinions.... why does one automatically assume its going to end in a poo fight stormfire ???

american share market prices are on the up.... consumer confidence in the US is growing..... i think trump will kick start the US economy like never before....

as his slogan says we will make america great again... i think the outgoing govt has really destroyed americas number 1 standing in the world in regards to military and technology..... if the US economy gets going and gains momentum i think australia will follow.... that would be good for the fish hobby if people had more disposable income they'd spend more money on the hobby making it great again too :) :) :) 

• ice likes this

#9 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

Bigjohno making L Numbers great again

#10 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

should be PCS making cichlids great again  :lol:

#11 Chris Perth

Chris Perth
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:14 AM

should be PCS making cichlids great again  :lol:

Once upon a time we (PCS) used to have a weekend exhibition/open day type of thing - there was a venue in Freo (Cliffe St I think) that members would set up small to medium display tanks of their fish for the public to see - while they were a bit of work for members to set up, it was a great way to introduce Cichlids (and Catfish) to the public and encourage new hobbyists. I am a bit hazy here but I also recall that a number of shop sponsors also set up displays and had a few items for sale. Maybe Terry and a few of the long time members may recall these days and add to the conversation. Also the committee and members may wish to re-visit this idea at a future meeting after the auction of course.

I have re-posted this on the Discussion forum so could you add comments there- cheers.

#12 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

Hey Mike you having an inauguration party? I'll bring the Budweiser and Doritos

#13 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

well lets see what mr trump can achieve in 4 years.... i have a feeling it'll be a lot more than the previous govt has done in 8 years.....

i was reading obama administration had accrued more national debt than all the presidents before him added together have done.... many praise his work in office but reading the hard core stats really brings home some truths.... but bush administration didnt exactly leave a surplus for obama to start with so i guess obama supporters will just blame bush administration....  obama was a good speaker i will give him that...

#14 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:08 AM

Yes but you have to take in he took over as the recession hit so every govt took a massive hit.
Don't get me wrong most world leaders aren't for the people they all have they own agenda however if trumps office is anything like his campaign we are in for some interesting and nervous times.
For me trump will either be incredibly good for America or incredibly bad for the world there will be no middle ground with him, it's almost like America elected an extremist to fight extremists

#15 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

i agree nearly all politicians are in it for the money and their own gains....  thats why i believe the countries leader shouldnt be paid - it should be an honour to serve your country and a great privilege.... all this travel rorts and bs pensions they give themselves is just wrong....

this is where i think trump will make america great again... if he gets the economy booming - he will inadvertantly prosper anyway from his businesses... 

i also read hes accepting payment of $1 per year to be the president... 

am concerned with the looming dispute of china and america in the south china sea though.... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users