Anyone Into Cars??

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Bigz, get an RX3 smile.gif

they're one of my favourite cars along with the RX4 coupe. I've always wanted one but they're far too pricey mostly.

#42 BiGz

BiGz
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

fwd drift is not the easiest to get a handle on although I had a mate who could get his 85 civic beyond 90 degrees around big roundabouts until stupidly one day he he came off second best with a huge light pole.

Yeh Mickya I love the shape of the rx3 and 4's I know a rx4 fits me fine (I'm 6'4") but not sure if the rx3 does so depends on that. rx7's are completely out of the question for me as they are way cramped. But as you say they are getting very pricey but in comparison to say old school muscles cars they aren't to badly priced. My other dream car is a 68-69 RS camaro wub.gif

#43 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (fishmonger @ Aug 12 2008, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's mine now...the guy i bought it from went to NZ to become a priest...LOL...we took it to the golf course for a bit of drifting down the hill will upload more pics when have time!

pink suzuki go..!

ha ha ha.....

Hey Fishmonger..... tell the truth thats not actually you bouncing that car in that clip wink.gif

I knew the guy that owned that pink car. I have a clip here somewhere on my computer of when he took it to Araluen and up around Jarrahdale and the crap he got up to in that car wink.gif James was an absolute riot and the stuff he got up to was out of this world.

Nice to see she's still going strong. Last I heard it was seen broken down at a Bunnings..

#44 daci

daci
  • Banned

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (saj @ Aug 13 2008, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Fishmonger..... tell the truth thats not actually you bouncing that car in that clip wink.gif

I knew the guy that owned that pink car. I have a clip here somewhere on my computer of when he took it to Araluen and up around Jarrahdale and the crap he got up to in that car wink.gif James was an absolute riot and the stuff he got up to was out of this world.

Nice to see she's still going strong. Last I heard it was seen broken down at a Bunnings..

as mentione...he went to NZ so i got her....took it to the golf/pine plantation for a bashing as well...awesome! planning to give her some nice rims and do up the interior said 5.1 logitech speakers run out from an inverter and pump with my mp3....cruize babe...

#45 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (BiGz @ Aug 13 2008, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fwd drift is not the easiest to get a handle on although I had a mate who could get his 85 civic beyond 90 degrees around big roundabouts until stupidly one day he he came off second best with a huge light pole.

Yeh Mickya I love the shape of the rx3 and 4's I know a rx4 fits me fine (I'm 6'4") but not sure if the rx3 does so depends on that. rx7's are completely out of the question for me as they are way cramped. But as you say they are getting very pricey but in comparison to say old school muscles cars they aren't to badly priced. My other dream car is a 68-69 RS camaro wub.gif

you have equally amazing taste, haha the camaro's are incredible, and as are the fast back stangs. for my net car i want to get a datsun 1600 with the sr20 turbo, little more common and cheaper than an rx4 IMO

#46 BiGz

BiGz
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

love the old 1600. the guy i got my 200 off is selling a fj20 powered one. Very nice not sure if its already sold as he advertised it a while ago. tbh if I'd had the means I would of considered it, love the old skool mixed with new tech. Having got a good friend who has a rotary I know they are not the easiest of engines to live with (when highly modded) as is his so really would only want to use it as a weekend car.

#47 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (fishmonger @ Aug 13 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as mentione...he went to NZ so i got her....took it to the golf/pine plantation for a bashing as well...awesome! planning to give her some nice rims and do up the interior said 5.1 logitech speakers run out from an inverter and pump with my mp3....cruize babe...

lol... That sounds nuts and something James (Previous owner) would do, except he'd make an inverter out of busted electrical parts and still find some way to make it work while being extremely dodgy.

I'm happy to hear the car is still cranking along, he even took that one up to barbs for a few drift days too. I saw some of his clips and they're absolutely hilarious.

#48 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

Heres my beast, I've been working on it for a few years, Im saving up all year to get a hub cap for the back wheel, hopefully I'll afford it by Christmas.

Im also starting a limo service soon so if anyone wants to hire it for special occasions such weddings or school socials I can provide good rates. This vehicle is chauffeured by a proffessional driver who usually stays sober up until about lunch time. Also a special complementary bottle of summer wine or 6 pack of EMU export(cans) will be given to any PCS members who hire it, to get this offer you must be at least 13years of age as we try to run a responsible business.

#49 daci

daci
  • Banned

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:24 AM

hey den... u r absolute nut LOL! book in for the lemo any time! can my fish come along too?

cheers
michael

#50 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

Hi Den,

Love the Limmo.

Thinking of driving to Sydney, visiting all the LFS in the area....& getting back to WA .

Can you give me a quote on the round trip plus 2 days around Sydney ?

This will be for PCS members, so do we get 10% discount ? How many people will it seat ?

Col

#51 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

Hi Col

I see you have first class tastes, to get to Sydney you are looking at a 30day trip each way as the limo has a cruising speed of 10kph, if you have a passion for speed can I recommend hiring the coupe, it has a top speed of 60kph, its a real treat for the adrenalin junkie.

The coupe is equipped with all modern comfort features such as an ashtray and steering wheel cover.

I should also proudly mention that my limo was 1st prize winner for modified vehicles at Moscow summernats, the picture was taken in Russia in summer, thats why the snow is so shallow in the photo.

I will get back to you about the trip, need to see if my driver is available, he has just come out of rehab and been on a heavy drinking binge, he should be conscious in a few days, also I need to make sure this interstate trip wont breach his parole conditions.

Cheers
Den

#52 DR14GoNF14SH

DR14GoNF14SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

Nice den, but can your beasts drift or bounce like the "pink bits" beast!??!

GOOOO PINK BEASTT!!! laugh.gif

#53 jack

jack
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

should get one of these den
click me

#54 69olds

69olds
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

ok enough off riceburners and barbecues (cars all made from plastic burn well) just go to the link on my profile page and check out the only one of its kind in australia now it may be in restoration at the moment but in 17 months time that 7.5L 455 C.I. 390 B.H.P. top speed a pinch over 160 M.P.H. will be out lookin for fibreglass to melt

hehehehe

#55 daci

daci
  • Banned

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

NOW thats what i call dedication 69olds! post the pics up once it done will you?

cheers
michael

#56 69olds

69olds
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

no worries micheal i should get photos up every month so will post the link each time she is going to be painted in holden sting red thats the red they used for the hsv and with a shitload of clearcoat and a addative that will mean you can pour acid on it and there will be no effect on the paint she should shine up real well i was going to put the starsky+hutch white graphic on but managed to sober up quick enough to stop that thought

#57 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

Wheres there drift scene over here, in the last year Ive been here, Ive not heard about it once...
Anyone?

#58 KrAmEr

KrAmEr
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:05 AM

What do you guys reckon about this im thinking about buyinh it and souping it up? Has it got any potential?

http://www.carsales....a...90&trecs=11

#59 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

Nice car, The only downfall I see, It's auto...... Sports car + auto = WTH? ohmy.gif

#60 TWiST

TWiST
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (69olds @ Aug 17 2008, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no worries micheal i should get photos up every month so will post the link each time she is going to be painted in holden sting red thats the red they used for the hsv and with a shitload of clearcoat and a addative that will mean you can pour acid on it and there will be no effect on the paint she should shine up real well i was going to put the starsky+hutch white graphic on but managed to sober up quick enough to stop that thought

what is the additive that they add? or are you using cerami clear from ppg? ive never heard of an additive that can do that, it would be really hard to rub back if you have to spot it in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users