Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Photo

Daylight Savings

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: WA DST YES/NO vote vs. age bracket

Should WA have Daylight Savings? Choose the YES or NO next to your AGE bracket

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 captaincurly

captaincurly
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

who else is happy that no is winning?
smile.gif
I know I am!

#2 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

nope, im super angry, i mean how can you not love that extra hour of light later at night, perfect time to go kyaking or something similiar enjoyable

#3 Sparky

Sparky
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

it sux why cant WA face change and keep up with the rest of Australia

#4 Nads

Nads
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Iamsam @ May 16 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope, im super angry, i mean how can you not love that extra hour of light later at night, perfect time to go kyaking or something similiar enjoyable

Me too, I loved taking my dogs to the beach after work and getting home and doing stuff when it was still light.

It is great when you are stuck working inside all day, nice to get home and enjoy some extra sunshine.

#5 ZOLTAN

ZOLTAN
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

I want it in more, so i can drink up more in the summertime during cookouts at the park near the beach.

#6 VietDragon

VietDragon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

i vote no because nothing is worth stuffing around my sleeping pattern and bodily functions for.
we already get alot more sunlight than so many other countries in the world, stop trying to play god. daylight saving does not "create" any "extra" time, its amazing how simple illusions can fool so many. shall we say the glass is half full or half empty? lol

#7 Sparky

Sparky
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

it creates more useable time for most people
it lets people go out and do things after work and for me when i get called back to work it allows me to work longer in daylight giving me a safer workplace

#8 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

Its about time WA got in with the rest of the country. Does it really matter if we have it?
I voted YES, Even though I know the polls are rigged, so it will be a NO..
Trying to contact my sons in Tassie makes it difficult when we are 3hrs different,

#9 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

sure it dosent create "extra" time but it creates more useable time in the afternoon. serisouly nobody wants light in the morning, you dont go out and do stuff first thing in the mornign before work, you dont get enough time, however if you have that extra time after work than you can do more and enjoy all the sun. and if the biggest thing is your "body clock" i think you should have a spoon full of concret and harden up. its not that hard to sleep.

#10 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

it creates more usable time for most people

That's exactly right, it doesn't create more or less time, it gives us more options.

I don't finish work till after 6pm so i like having a bit more 'light' at my disposal. You can garden, wash your car, go to the park......do whatever really. I voted Yes but looks like it doesn't matter sad.gif

#11 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Aquatic Dreams @ May 16 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though I know the polls are rigged,

couldnt agree more with this, so so so true

#12 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

Hey Az, your right about the 3hr difference.

Its harder for business as well....All suppliers need to be contacted before 2pm (our time) so this make it extremely difficult in communicating and getting 'urgent' orders for customers who come in after lunch....its amazing what one hour difference makes when it comes to business.

#13 Sparky

Sparky
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

WA voters are against daylight savings as people here like to live in the dark ages
i mean we cant even have 7 day trading or shops open longer hours heaven forbid we want to have more daylight
that would be change we dont change we are WA
if Colin Barnett wont allow another test or referendum in his stay of power i hope he too gets voted out at the earliest opportunity

#14 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

LOL, when I moved here from over east, I was told set my watch back two hours and get ready for the 20 year delay LMAO tongue.gif

Some of the arguments for why some people didn't want it were ridiculous.

One was because the birds didn't know what time to feed lol...

But yeah, obviously, I'm all for daylight savings biggrin.gif

#15 Ricksta

Ricksta
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

i am absolutly stoaked that were winning smile.gif it'll alway be NO! everytime we vote more and more ppl vote no doesn't that tell te goverment something?

any ways IMO it only benifits buisness's that trade with the eastern state's

excuse the spelling mitake's been drinking. Whoo Yeh

#16 Sparky

Sparky
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

actually the votes are getting closer
its inevitable that eventually we will get daylight savings we will keep having trials and referendums and wasting more time and money untill yes wins

#17 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (cichlids4life @ May 16 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any ways IMO it only benifits buisness's that trade with the eastern state's

and isnt that a good thing?
isnt it good that we are keeping business in australia and stimulating the econemy?
many business deal with the east, you will find nearly all lfs will deal with the east, and if you want something next day, it sorta has to be shipped before 12 in the east, which means you have to contac them before 9 our time, and that makes life very very diffucult.

#18 Sparky

Sparky
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

i still havent heard one good arguement against daylight savings yet so many reasons we should have it yet once again the people voted against it
seems like power to the ignorant to me

#19 Ricksta

Ricksta
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

personly i cant be ##### getting outer bed early. and it stuff's my job around! but most ppl wouldn't understand that cause i bet u most ppl on here work 9 till 5

#20 Sparky

Sparky
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

i work when ever required i'm about to go to work again shortly and in summer i tend to work a lot more in early evening i much prefer to work in daylight as i work outside and its much safer working with daylight rather than portable lighting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users