My Story

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Riggers my man!! You know I love ya bro smile.gif

I do have one small comment to make about faith though...the modern english dictionary does describe faith as a belief in something "without evidence or proof", BUT the greek word that is used to descibe faith in the new testament (NT) in the bible is the word "pistis". Pistis holds the Christian definition for faith, NOT todays modern english dictionary.

Pistis = conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it
relating to God;
the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ
relating to Christ;
a strong and welcome conviction or belief that Jesus is the Messiah, through whom we obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom of God
the religious beliefs of Christians
belief with the predominate idea of trust (or confidence) whether in God or in Christ, springing from faith in the same
fidelity, faithfulness
the character of one who can be relied on

As you can all see from this definition the addition of "without proof/ evidence" is clearly associated with the humanistic idea (which you are all free to hold too) which presupposes the non-existence of God and thus concludes there can be no evidence.

As I said earlier we all reason towards the conclusions we hold to accoriding to what you believe to be true from what you read in books, hear from others, and experience in life. This is the same for me too. Science that begins with the presuppostion that God does not exist can never disprove his existence simply because the possiblity of the evidence pointing to Him is removed from the whole process. You cannot disprove something unless you actually are willing to look at and consider all the available information and facts, AND be willing for your hypothesis to be wrong.

Take it easy PCS crew. Have a safe and jhoy filled Christmas.

Dano

#82 big boy

big boy
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Bring your guns to the table and resight your prayer.Loose all your hatred if you are to pray in there. The temple you are seeking is infront your nose, because the message your giving is doing nothing for those. Seek and you shall find.

Edited by big boy, 21 December 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#83 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'd pitch in some more on this debate, but I can't be arsed.

Suffice to say that Dano is a great guy, but probably misguided. I think it's good that he turned his life into something he likes better, but talking about invisible friends loses me. I have a friend who has invisible friends and he is medicated until he no longer does what they tell him. Actually, given all the harm done by religions and churches (and "faiths", for those who want to be really pedantic), I think it's just replacing one evil with another, like giving up caffeine by taking up pedophilia. Yes, I think drugs vs religion and caffeine vs Pedophilia are scale comparisons in terms of harm.

Yes, I do feel that strongly about it.

I have no real problem with drugs, or dealers for that matter. If people are using it then someone has to be selling it. Why distinguish? It's often both anyway. I reckon alcohol ruins more lives than meth anyway. It's what people do when taking said substances. The inclination to take substances that alter consciousness is older than religion anyway, and probably gave birth to it.

Johhno is correct. If you were born in the middle east, chances are very high you will be moslem, unless you were born in Israel. If born in Europe or North America, odds are you will be christian if anything. If you were born in India, then it's Hindu etc etc. If you were born in Sumeria,4000 years ago, you'd have a thing for Marduk. It's all geography. Except that if you get screwed by geography and end up believing in Vishnu as you were taught, when it turns out that Jeebus is the go-to guy, then apparently that clerical error will cost you an eternity in torment. Nice, huh?

And they allow people to teach kids this crap... They should have their scrotums sewn to a pitbull's arse.

Anyway. Good luck to all of you smug god-botherers, and I leave you with something suiting the season.

Happy Christmas!

Edited by Kleinz, 21 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#84 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

No offence, but i went to a anglican school and they bashed this bible stuff into you, and i seriously couldnt believe the stuff they were trying to make us believe, paying $25k a year for schooling and they were telling me that 1 man built an arc and grabbed animals of every species, then another guy parted 2 oceans, this this other fella resurrected. Before jesus it was the egyptions that had the exact same beliefs, and their were people before them that had exactly the same story to tell, now days jesus has stuck around purely because our technology has grown letting us document every living detail, ie facebook status update - i took a dump, now a new "god" coming onto the scene cant just be written into a bible and created from air, buried in some hole waiting 100 years to pass for someone to dig it up, and we havn't been wiped out by an asteroid or war yet. People look to the skies to see there god, us mankind has built some pretty strong telescopes now and we can see a pretty long way, havn't bumped into him yet.

Great news your on the straight and narrow, well done for that, but why do all druggies have these epiphany's whilst in a drug fuelled rage?
surely they have tried trips to know better?
Wouldnt it have been better to say that you did this all by your self.....you were sitting in that car. YOU made the decision to turn your life around? hell if i pulled my self out of the hole you were in i wouldnt be giving the credit to no one

Edited by Hypanheaven, 22 December 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#85 waxy

waxy
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

And they allow people to teach kids this crap...

[/quote]

Hahahahaha You should start up a cult Kleinz.
Id sell up and join for sure. PMSL!

#86 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Jeeezz thank Christ I'm an Athiest.

#87 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

God was the first terrorist, the rest are just copycats. God blew himself up and created the universe, whats so hard to believe about that. The truth is out there for all to see. cheers.gif and a very merry Christmas to all.

#88 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Brad we went to an Anglican school not a Catholic school... wink.gif

Edited by Peckoltia, 21 December 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#89 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Everyone should be free to choose and practise their faith.

It frustrates me intensely when atheists are all smug and elitist in their opinions and demean those who have some form of faith.

So you don't believe in God? That's cool. I do. The end. <----- Why does it always have to go further than this with Atheists? Stop wallowing in your self-indulgent idealisms and get over the fact that not everyone is "intelligent" and as "enlightened" as you think you are.

Edited by Anka, 22 December 2012 - 12:07 AM.

#90 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Dano: God bless mate. All the best with the move <3

#91 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

it always strikes me as a term of desperation when a religious person asks you to prove god doesnt exist.... but im very sorry its up to you to prove he/it does exist....

faith is not proof of anything smile.gif

needless to say that sounded a bit nasty but i assure it was typed in with a smiley face smile.gif

like me saying a purple people eater exists until you can prove it doesnt tongue.gif

#92 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

fair play to ya bigjohnno...there is alot of proof from my perspective since the universe and everything in it was planned, designed and created by God so everything in the physical realm ultimately points to Him as the intelligent designer...it would take quite the time and space to give all the evidence as you could imagine smile.gif, but for both you and I "faith" is the basis of our belief. You have faith (and evidence/ facts according to your belief) that what you believe to be true is true...as do I.
What is necessary for any change of thinking in anyone is the willingness to change...if you are genuinely looking for some evidence may I suggest something to you?
Christian faith stands or falls on the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. If that can be proven or disproven everything else comes into perspective as we search for "truth".
Josh McDowell, a lawyer and a non-believer in God, set about using modern legal process to disprove the resurrection of Christ. He did 700 hours of legal research using all historial evidence available to make his case. What he discovered in his attempt to disprove the resurrection actually finally resulted in his change of beliefs. He discovered that the resurrection of Jesus is infact an accurate historical fact that would be "beyond reasonable doubt" in any moder4n court of law. His book, "Evidence That Demands a Verdict", outlines the research evidence to support the case.
May I also suggest having a look at www.creation.com to see how many learned scientists in todays world, using modern scientific processes, have logically and rationally interpretted the same facts people use to "prove" that God doesn't exist to "prove" that He does.
No-one wants to commit intellectual suicide and put hope in a myth or a fantasy.
At the end of the day everyone does have the freedom to believe whatever they want. As I have said earlier, if I am wrong I have actually lost nothing by living my life in the way that I have chosen. I have peace, joy and fullness of life, and have learned the secret to being content in seasons of lack and seasons of plenty.
For me to say nothing to others about what I believe would be inconsistent with my beliefs, but I have not at any point in this thread said "I am right and you are wrong", or been in anyway judgmental, critical or derrogatory towards any person or their beliefs. I have simply offered my story, together with some of my foundational beliefs, as a proposition for others to consider because if I am right about life & eternity then there is a lot at stake and people are too precious. Christians are called to bear witness, which is to share what they have seen, heard and experienced. Not to prosecute, demean or accuse. Hopefully that has come through in the way that I have related to others in this thread.
Have a great Christmas bro. All the best,
Danny

Edited by danotaylor, 22 December 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#93 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

http://www.zeitgeistaddendum.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users