• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#21 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (procull @ Aug 19 2011, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can tell you straight , very few facial bites end up in hospital
my own daughter was biten on the cheek by a pug but didnt require a hospital visit , just a trip to the local doc for stitches
point is that the info gained is tilted towards the easiest target and at the moment it just happends to be pit bulls , a few years ago it was mastiffs up here
at the end of the day i dont give a toss if its a foxie or a great dane that bites someone , there is allways a reason why the bite happened .
its a very very rare dog that just goes out and chews on some one , there is all ways a cause ,
after 25 years of working dogs , gaining a masters in vet science , doctorate vet tec and a bat degree in animal phy i have a rare insight of what breeds , how , when , why and will bite
everything else is hype caused by a media beat up and johny doogooders of this world

Working in hospitals, well....................... they do turn up, purely as most children need heavy sedation for fine suturing on the face which is not possible if they are wriggling in a GP practice
Initial premise of this thread is deaths from dogs and the facts are clear, most of these are from the large dogs
By the way great thread Den, its been a while...........

#22 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Ive been watching headline after headline of kids getting ripped up by dogs, this last incident made me blow my lid, Im outraged and Im making no appologies for venting it, I pray for a day when society wakes up to this minority of nutters who think dogs are more important than people and put them in their place, a looney bin....

Now there are people who I call normal dog owners and there are the dog nutters, the difference is that a normal dog owner doesnt rank his dog above people, the dog nutters on the other hand do....

and I know theres alot of dog nutters on this forum, and it digusts me that I have to share a society with some people who think dogs are more important than people! if thats the way you feel, then why should I or anyone give a stuff about you!!! the people with this attitude should live in special fenced off suburbs with each other and their dogs, they could have have a beautiful eutopenian society where everyone loves dogs, what a beautiful place that would be, I can just imagine it now, people yelling, dogs barking and feaces strewn everywhere, youd need a 50km border zone to keep decent people away from the noise and stench of the place, disgusting.

oh no "its not the dog, its the owners" arguement again.....

Everyone is a good dog owner until the day their dog attacks someone! then you get dumped in that bad owners lot, fact is there is no such thing as good or bad owners, there are just dangerous dogs. If its not OK to own a tame lion in suburbia then how come its ok to own a dog that is capable of killing a person?

Edited by Den, 19 August 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#23 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hey Den, you off again, this is a good thread don't spoil it. WE dont go mad at you for keeping flowerhorns and polluting the the pure beauty of the cichlid do we, you can do as you please but when no one want to buy them don't put them in the water ways ok... laugh.gif
Mate when was the last time you saw a good movie depicting our beginnings as humans or as you may say Neanderthals, man had a constant companion a dog, check out Ice Age 1-2, may give you some ideas... Rofl_3f.gif
Come on Den we are human beings who make decisions and many times not the right one, but that is how we learn and grow and go forward (I would like to believe), anyways.
What you have started is not new you have brought this up once or twice I think, you just have a hatred for dogs, and comparing a domesticated pet with a 'Lion', come on Den.
You don't mind caging up fish in a square box, or going down the beach to try and catch to eat fish, but hey we have been doing this a long time so its ok.
What about the shark attack victim, or is it just his fault for going in the water, or what about the planes that crash or the fires that kill, Den, Den...

#24 procull

procull
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

At the moment i own 16 dobermans , 3 i class as man stoppers , whilst i no longer live in suburbia i have all my working dogs tripple secured . any less and i would be a fool
The truth is any dog can kill a child , just a matter of physics that the bigger the dog the larger the damage
I am currently waiting on the report from local animal managemant guys dealing with this case so i will defer my judgement till then
there is ALLWAYS a reason why a dogs attacks , some are valid and others are not , dogs just dont wake up and think "i might just chew some human today " its just not part of their psychology and make up
its a very very very rare dog that just wants to nail a person for no reason , i have come across 2 such dogs and both were red heelers
in the real world owners need to be held to account for their dogs and animals actions because its ALLWAYS the owners and previous owners actions and inaction that leads up to a dog bite
as i dont get a lot of time to watch tv i am still yet to see a decent pic of the dog concerned , i am still a little dubious as to if it was a pit bull or if it was a ''pitbull type"" , for 25 bucks a dna test can be done to confirm its type

please dont get me wrong , the dog should have been put down and the owner persued legally BUT does it make it right to ban a breed because of the Irresponsible actions of a small percentage of that breeds owners ?
if that was the case religion would be banned based on the actions of the looney fringe

#25 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hey now a good response. I agree with all that you said including religion, maybe it should also be banned. Myself I am a minister of Christianity which is relational not dictatorial as some religious groups want to inflict on their people, but that is another dabate.
Den has a lot of great characteristics I would love others to have, standards or what I call absolutes, but in this world there are none and irresponsible owners of dogs should as you say be held accountable. Truth is what you want it to be, and every one argues their point, so they make another law.
In all cases every person should be vetted to see there suitability to own and look after an animal. You don't have to look to far to see many people abusing not only animals, but children, wives, husbands and extended families, all capable of doing and recieving abuses.
Until we deal with the root of the problem and not the consequeses, then we will see a change in people which will change our society wouldn't it be great each taking responsibility for their actions...

My Dobermann is the son of Dassin Cut to the Chase, Aust Grand Cham, seeing you have 16 thought you may be interested...

#26 lawdog

lawdog
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

Would love a tame Lion, not on the allowable import list though.....

#27 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

sort of like flowerhorns poster_oops.gif

#28 procull

procull
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (fourdapostle @ Aug 19 2011, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Dobermann is the son of Dassin Cut to the Chase, Aust Grand Cham, seeing you have 16 thought you may be interested...

know of Dassin Cut to the Chase , pity he died young at 4 years could have turned out nice once WAC testing was complete
dassin dogs are show lines , mine are import euro/canada straight working lines , from Blitzkreiger, Weyermuhle and Warringhof

#29 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hey Den, you off again, this is a good thread don't spoil it. WE dont go mad at you for keeping flowerhorns and polluting the the pure beauty of the cichlid do we, you can do as you please but when no one want to buy them don't put them in the water ways ok...

Flowerhorns do not maim or kill kids, even if someone released them into waterways, how could any sensible person make such a comparison? and your telling me not to spoil the thread?lol.... and dont worry my fish are selling faster than I can breed them.

There is no such thing as a responsible owner of an aggressive dog breed, trying to argue so is like saying "I want to be a responsible Russian roulette player-with other peoples lives".

there is ALLWAYS a reason why a dogs attacks , some are valid and others are not

I cannot think of a single valid reason why a dog should attack someone, but I can predict the angle you are coming from and it worries me, if I asked you to explain "valid reasons for a dog to attack someone" Im sure you would refer to using dogs to attack criminals, its not the first time Ive heard this, you and others want to argue that dogs should be able to dish out justice on criminals? you want to put justice in the hands of dogs? personally I prefer properly trained humans to do the arresting of criminals and juries and judges to hand out the justice, not agressive dogs whether state or privately owned ripping into people.

I encourange all members of society who keep agressive dog breeds to help get rid of them permanently by de-sexing all of them and allow them to die out and then to please feel welcome to join the rest of society that has stepped out of the agressive stone age, most people in the world are great citizens who care about other people, believe it or not agressive dog owners!

#30 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

EDIT........Removed on the grounds this is pointless..

Edited by Riggertron, 20 August 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#31 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

Den you should have a vasectomy done ..... biggrin.gif

#32 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Cats kill people too. Lets get rid of all dogs and cats.

Linky

People kill people too.
Lets kill all people.

Cars kill people, lets remove all cars from the road.

People die. It happens.
There are too many people on this planet as it is, maybe we should get more savage dogs to control the people population.

#33 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

There are so many questions and bad arguements here I dont know where to start to reply, I will give it a try.

Just out of interest Den, have you ever owned a pitball, american staffy, german shepherd, rottweiler
No mate I have never owned an agressive breed, but you dont need to have owned one to see the damage they do in our society.

Yes I agree that some so called dangerous breeds should and do require special measures such as muzzles while being in public.
If an animal needs to be muzzled in order to protect citizens, then why the hell do we want or need them in the first place?

Friends of mine own a 55kg mastiff who is the gentlest, but dopiest, dog I know because she has been trained correctly.
Thats what the mastiff owner crying in the news just recently thought he owned - "a gentle mastiff", until it turned on a little boy and ripped part of his face off and mutilated his arm, as usual dog owner comment "hes never done anything like this before". Dont you watch the news?

That time of the month again Den?

Yes it is Alex, its that time of the month where we have to read about some kid being ripped apart by one of the dog breeds you love so much. Everytime I campaign against agressive dog breeds you and others who rank dogs above people speak up against me, how can any of you justify any friendship/relationship with a human being as sincere? when your first loyalty lies with your dogs, I find that incidious.

What do you classify as a dangerous dog? I could write a massive essay on this topic, but will refrain
I dont know why you find that so difficult, all dangerous dog breeds are clearly reflected in the attack statistics.

The problem with many people is that they do think that the 'dog' is equal to humans,

I must admit, Den to put someone in Jail because of the dog, I am not sure. I suppose when we can put the parents of our out of control teenagers behind bars for the willful damage they do, possibly that may set a standard for us to work from.
your opening and closing statements, I hope you see the contradiction in your logic, no one owns a human being, people own dogs, huge difference.

Some people want to keep an agressive breed to feel safe for "security"? can I ask you people would you feel safer and more secure if everyone else in your street owned a pitbull? Im sure you wouldnt like it, so why should everyone have to put up with you owning a pitbull or other agressive breed?

Edited by Den, 19 August 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#34 procull

procull
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

den den den , there is no point in trying to even have a adult and informed disscussion with you on this subject ,
a mind is like a parachute , it needs to be open to be of any use to the owner
when a person wont accept FACT i just walk away , as the is no point having a battle of the wits with the unarmed

#35 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

I thought maybe pictures can help some of you to get it!

This face below comes to you courtesy of a staffy cross in Albany that ripped this boys face apart, the neighbour is like all other staffy owners, thinks his dog is an angel, dont any nutters dare come on here and say "a pure breed wouldnt do that", all bull terrier breeds are proven dangerous child killers and mutilators. The owner was found crying as the boy laid bleeding, the same usual way some owners react, crying and saying "hes never done anything like this before" its the statement all responsible dog owner make as soon as they end up in the irresponsible group.

Authorities are still looking for the "responsible dog owner" that did this, you see the dog escaped the owners backyard, attacked this girl and then ran away, if your dog has come home with a peice of this girls face in its mouth please be sure to report yourself to the authorities.

The dog nutters do not get any worse than this poor little boys own mother, this sick woman blames her son for her dog attacking him!!!! She should be in a mental hospital and her child put for adoption.

Dont believe me, read the story.
http://www.dailytele...9-1111115429074

You see, every dog owner thinks they are a responsible dog owner, until their dog attacks someone!

Google dog attacks child "Australia" click images and see countless mutilated children, its an epidemic.

Edited by Den, 19 August 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#36 procull

procull
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

next you will saying global warming is true and we need the carbon tax
your fervor is based on ignorance of the facts
please feel free to rabbit on as i certainly can use your anti large dog rabbiting in my next lecture

#37 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

next you will saying global warming is true and we need the carbon tax
your fervor is based on ignorance of the facts
please feel free to rabbit on as i certainly can use your anti large dog rabbiting in my next lecture

Youve not made any point against mine that stands any ground, there is no "FACT" that justifies keeping dangerous dogs in our society, your last 2 comments are just childish attacks, which simply proove youve conceeded and lost the arguement.

Edited by Den, 19 August 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#38 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

Den why don't you go rant on your own forum? I don't think I've seen this thread there.
Is it because you don't shit where you eat?

#39 waxy

waxy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

Ive been bitten by two dogs in my 32years of life. A poodle and a chihuahua. I laughed hard when the chihuahua bit but the poodle hurt slightly more.
On another note I have spent my entire life growing up with Staffies and Rotties and never come close to being bitten. Currently I own 2 adult staffies and have 2 children aged 1 and 2. Anyone who has owned a staffy knows how they are with kids, Im offended when people speek as tho they are experts on the topic have never owned a dog.

#40 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

I agree all dangerous dogs should be put down but how do you determine dangerous? I have a 2 year old pitty most gental well behaved dog he will lick you to death before he bites you lol but every dog will attack If put in the situation ! My dog has only fired up three times 1. When I wild feral dog came up behind me wen I was laying under my 4B in the bush he ditched his chicken dinner inside the car and stood next to me staunch snarling didn't chase the stray just stood his ground. 2. When me and the missus were play fighting he fired up at me didn't bite me or anything just let me know no one touches his mum lol (it was quite funny as soon as I stopped he ran up to me all happy as if to say "you proud of me dad" 3.my house was broken into an we came home to find them loading there car confronted 5 of them and my dogged jumped the fence to come to my aid everytime this one threw a punch at me my boy jumped grabbed his arm stopping him. Now as pitty's have a good lock jaw and my boy let go every time and didn't actual course any serious damage I would say his not a dangerous dog at all . 99.9% of the time he is a big sook, always crying when I leave or get home wants to go everywhere with me (usually does) lol You can't blame the dog they don't have a say in how there raised or treated that's up to the owner. Anyone who has not raised one of these so called dangerous dogs personally should keep there judgement to them self lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users