Photo

Censors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#41 zach16

zach16
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I didn't post it was gary an other worker im not a idiot i have been keeping fish for long.

#42 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

I wouldn't be letting anyone else use my account.

Tell them to register there own or it can/will make you out to look like an idiot.

Cheers have a good night.

#43 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

T&C
3. Please refrain from naming businesses or products for negative feedback. If you have a problem, try and work it out with the shop in question. If that doesn't work you can contact the RSPCA for animal cruelty concerns or the Department of Fair Trading for problems with equipment etc.

I don't know why the business names were removed from my previous post. In keeping with the T&C's I was not being negative- actually trying to be positive.

IMO the sponsor in question sells few flowerhorns & when they do they seem to be better quality ones that have been traded in. I'm not going over old ground but most sponsors have sold flowerhorns /hybrids At some stage or another.

#44 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

Thanks for that link in the other post Daz, now Tarpon will start picking on me again.

#45 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

Im not saying all the stores are like this but maybe before they become a place becomes a sponsor we see if they are able to fulfill a type of checklist maybe.

This is exactly what happens , all the pros and cons are banted back and forth at cm and at the end a vote is taken???? what more would you like to happen ...... if any club member would like a to draw up a sponsors critea list or what they think are important points a store must have to gain sponsership then pls do as the cm dont claim to know everything and can only make decisions based on what we think are in the clubs best interest.

I understand that stores may sell hybrids from time to time. I have seen VERY few hybrids sold from 'old school' LFS sponsors. I just find it VERY strange that the PCS will fight with white hot passion to even stop the discussion/sale of hybrids on the forum, then take on a sponsor who promotes the sale of hybrids to the point where there is a large banner for a flowerhorn website on their own. Even more so that the Flowerhorn site promoted belongs to someone who did their best to enable the discussion of flowerhorns on this site. Someone who was shot down in flames.

Alex i will say it again..... we cant tell stores what to advertise/ sell in there shops we can only control what they post up here.

Even more so that the Flowerhorn site promoted belongs to someone who did their best to enable the discussion of flowerhorns on this site. Someone who was shot down in flames.

He was never told he couldnt disscuss flowerhorns or hybrids ....was just not allowed to promote them.
Unfortunately he couldnt grasp this and decided to start his own forum.

#46 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (dave06 @ Jan 12 2012, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know why the business names were removed from my previous post. In keeping with the T&C's I was not being negative- actually trying to be positive.

Not just yours Dave, they will be removed throughout the entire thread as the overall purpose of it is to be "negative".

Good on u for sticking up for them and showing your support smile.gif

#47 zach16

zach16
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (CCA001 @ Jan 12 2012, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't be letting anyone else use my account.

Tell them to register there own or it can/will make you out to look like an idiot.

Cheers have a good night.

No one is using my account we are both the mods for #####.

#48 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

I agree with what Brad has said. If you want the club to grow, people have to stop being so narrow minded. Shops are going to sell what sells, if you don't like something then don't bye it. If it doesn't sell they won't sell it. Everyones entitled to have a different favorite fish. I think what Terry was getting at is do they know what they are talking about, i believe they have made some big improvements and we as a club can help them out when they get it wrong after all life is a two way street, or do you all want to just take, take ,take. cheers.gif Steve

#49 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Hey Brad, why majority rules, if you can not get a unanimous vote, it souldn't go ahead, surely...if a vote is 6-4, there is no way it should go ahead imo...

#50 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

kkep your coments to your self mate if you have a prblem just pm one of use and we can sort it out like humans mate.

Sorry I don't understand your pm can you redo it in English

Garry posted that he doesent know much about fish he is still learning u know so you don't have to insult him if u have a problem pm him

Cut and pasted from a PM
I rest my case

#51 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (fourdapostle @ Jan 12 2012, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Brad, why majority rules, if you can not get a unanimous vote, it souldn't go ahead, surely...if a vote is 6-4, there is no way it should go ahead imo...

Democracy ey.....

#52 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

Lots of talk revolving around good levels of experience, knowledge and advice. What happens when that's lost when those particular employees decide to move on to greener pastures? It happens all the time, there will be ups and downs. Because of that sponsorship decisions aren't based purely on this.

In regards to "chain stores" the committee has had the same stance (and still does) since I've been onboard and back when Terry was too that they won't be suitable for sponsorship due to (in most cases) lacking the experience and more importantly putting our LFS's under pressure due to fierce competition from bulk buying power and undercutting. The store in question didn't fall under the "chain store" category. What happens if someone like Terry gets a great offer from one of the chains and starts working there? Does it suddenly make them suitable due to a sudden increase in experience? Unlikely.

The hybrid issue was discussed and was not enough to reject sponsorship (as covered in previous posts).

Daz

#53 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (sandgroper @ Jan 12 2012, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with what Brad has said. If you want the club to grow, people have to stop being so narrow minded. Shops are going to sell what sells, if you don't like something then don't bye it. If it doesn't sell they won't sell it. Everyones entitled to have a different favorite fish. I think what Terry was getting at is do they know what they are talking about, i believe they have made some big improvements and we as a club can help them out when they get it wrong after all life is a two way street, or do you all want to just take, take ,take. cheers.gif Steve

Well said Steve.

The pointlessly nameless shop have junior staff - so what! What I see is two young fellas who are keen as mustard to learn all they can about the hobby and respect what the club is about- a much healthier attitude than those that think they know it all and lurk on here waiting to ridicule anyone who makes a mistake. First and foremost I'm a club member before committee, chairman or any other of that BS, and I know what type of person I want in my club! Thankfully I'm not alone and we have a growing group of members who make an effort to get together once a month at the hall and just enjoy being around people who like the same things that they do - a great club with people who respect people for their passion, not just their knowledge. And the more people with this passion, the better - I don't want anyone excluded from this club because they know less than someone else.

The shop staff will expand their knowledge over time undoubtedly, same as any newcomers to the hobby, young or old. We can help this process by offering friendly advice or choose to attack and stifle this development - which do you think is really of benefit to the hobby?

PS - Aaron, if you want to show Kevin some respect, leave him out of such discussions

#54 tropheus

tropheus
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Poncho @ Jan 13 2012, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First and foremost I'm a club member before committee, chairman or any other of that BS, and I know what type of person I want in my club!

It appears that you are speaking as a chairman, not as a club member!

I also believe that there is a lot more to the situation than simply a case of someone with more knowledge jumping on someone with less.... so you may want to reconsider who you want in your club!

I think that it is evident that it is not a popular choice as to have a particular sponsor associated with PCS... I suggest that maybe you may want to question as to why it is such a hot debate, and why it is all to do with that sponsor. It is just extremely interesting that as soon as a dedicated aquarium shop closes its doors, that a pet store accross the road wants to become a sponsor!

It is not difficult to read between the lines (and it has upset a lot of people). Something the committee should have (had) a good hard think about!

Rest assured, I will not comment any further on this matter... prompted to or not

Edited by tropheus, 13 January 2012 - 12:59 AM.

#55 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (tropheus @ Jan 13 2012, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rest assured, I will not comment any further on this matter... prompted to or not

So your going to stir and not comment?

Tropheus, Some of the things you've pointed out are incorrect, it has all ready been pointed out in this thread that the closing of Malaga had nothing to do with the taking on of new sponsorship.

Poncho is at every meeting, auction, gathering, BBQ and event pcs has! He just about IS the club!! Not to forget everyone else who devotes there time and energy to the club and making things happen... That's what it's about, getting together with people who also enjoy keeping fish....

Cheers
Rigs

#56 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

Nick I think you will find nearly all previous presidents gave that level of dedication.

#57 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Poncho @ Jan 13 2012, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS - Aaron, if you want to show Kevin some respect, leave him out of such discussions

PS -
Brett, This thread is about Kevin & Malaga ohmy.gif

#58 Evil_Boof

Evil_Boof
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

luckily i dont have any knowledge of any of the dramas of the past with whats been said here, but i have read it all, and im gonna put in my 2c

being a guy whos fairly new to this hobby, this site has taught me more than 90% of what i know now about fish keeping...

if the shop in question is also fairly new, or the shop assistants are fairly new, or whatever, (like i said I DONT KNOW! )

then being involved with PCS would be the best thing for them, mainly because if they just sold to braindead morons who dont care about anything, just how pretty a fish is, then they would not learn.

but having some customers with YEARS of experience like most of you good folk in here, it might prompt them to lift there game to be competitive and on the same playing field as the big sponsors on this site..

if the self proclaimed experts( which are experts compared to me) can guide this shop, and employees in the right direction, it might be a really good thing for PCS...

Edited by Evil_Boof, 13 January 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#59 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

^^ well said

#60 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Riggertron @ Jan 12 2012, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Democracy ey.....

Democracy in a business yes because someone owns the business we are not like them (business) in a 'non prophit' organisation surelyu we must have trure if you like better democracy than a business, sorry...

Edited by fourdapostle, 13 January 2012 - 07:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users