Photo

Murdering Cats

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Not meaning to be a kill joy but most of these suggestions on how to deal with the cat are illegal.
it does surprise me that this is allowed to be posted on a public forum promoting the well being of living creatures, fish etc
Surely the council/rangers would be the best option ??

#42 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (tastyfish1980 @ Oct 11 2012, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
destroying natives (not the black one`s).....lol.

Just do what us Tassie's did!!! smile.gif Google it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (scottyhooton @ Oct 14 2012, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Golf club ....

C&s . Hi have you seen my cat

klz . Yeah it was in my yard

C&s . Where is it now

Klz . I believe I am able to play golf with any thing I find in my yrd

C&s . What does that have to do with my cat

Klz . Well we played golf as he was in my yard , by the way you need to clean my new golf club as your cat got it dirty

That Sir! Is brilliant biggrin.gif hahahahahahah

#43 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

whats the council law in your area on vermin on your property???

i know in our shire you are permitted to shoot dead anything on your property causing you problems...

eg... dog tearing your sheep to shreds....
eg... parrots eating the fruit in your orchard...
eg... cats killing your baby chickens....
eg... foxes killing your chooks....

cat killing your frogs would be permitted too... cause after all they are your special frogs!!!!

just catch it in a cat trap and drop in your pond... retrieve it tomorrow, empty trap and use as compost!!!

did everybody see this ? another good reason to kill the cat smile.gif

http://au.news.yahoo...46/toxo-terror/

#44 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

No council laws that apply to cats, they will not respond to any complain in regard to cats, they do not hire out cat traps, they do not accept stray cats and apparently it's not kosher to trap and remove an owned cat.

There is no sanction for the owner if their animal strays, kills or harrasses wildlife or pees on my door. None.

So.. 0/10 in terms of my legal options. If it was a dog they would be all over it like flies on a turd.

Apparently, the state govt is bringing in cat laws next month containing noone knows what and the council said that in a year or so they will consider implementing some of those laws in local govt rules.

#45 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Local government. Gotta love it.

I find it gard to believe that you have no legal recourse.

#46 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Tarpon @ Oct 14 2012, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not meaning to be a kill joy but most of these suggestions on how to deal with the cat are illegal.
it does surprise me that this is allowed to be posted on a public forum promoting the well being of living creatures, fish etc
Surely the council/rangers would be the best option ??

I was thinking of this while driving today. If these suggestions were made towards dogs, there'd be a ruckus. Admitted. Yes I made a suggestion but mine was certainly not inflicting pain or suffering on animals. I know as a whole the suggestions on this thread were made in "humour" and I don't want to be a prick or a troll, but I don't see as to why these suggestions are "acceptable" I'm not asking PCS to censor or delete posts or to get into a flame war, or to derail this topic. I understand I'm now putting a target on my back, but joking about torturing animals (cats) on a public forum isn't good form guys.

#47 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Granted, I dont want to harm this cat but IMO spraying it with chilli water, while uncomfortable, does not constitute torture by the David Hicks standard and might well lead to an avoidance of my house by said cat and therefore possibly obviate the need for more drastic action.

Also, there is likely some frustration in some of these posts. If I were to have a dog and the dog were to attack or even just chase this cat while the cat was in my yard mutilating birds, I could get a fine and the dog might be put down under the Dog Act.

Apparently, the cat can do what it will with no sanction for the owner whatsoever. This is manifestly unfair and people don't like unfair. These suggestions are not on the whole made towards dogs because dogs tend to kill and mutilate less and are mostly confined to yards or under some form of control so less trouble is had from them and there is legal recourse if there is trouble. If the streets were full of dogs roaming and killing things as cats do, I'm certain that the proposed solutions would put the ones in this thread in the shade.

I'm frustrated with both this inequity and the owner basically being a total knob about it. I think some of the posts are from people with similar frustrations, and being short of someone actually nailing a cat to someone's front door are a harmless way to let off steam IMO.

I might add that Cat Haven and the RSPCA similarly washed their hands of it, but one of them advised me to trap it and hose the bejeesus out of it before release...so there you go. Mother Theresa would prolly think of something nasty as well if I asked her.

None of this thread would be remotely neccessary if the cat's owner had a gram of responsibility.

Edited by Kleinz, 15 October 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#48 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

i spray the cats that come into my yard all the time, big filthy males always try get into our house and spray our cute little female cat who rarely steps out side. I spray them with a weed spraying bottle filled with chilli powder and curry....they sure as hell dont like it and honestly have stopped coming around as much and actually havnt seen them for a while, granted i have taught the dog to go bannana's when it sees a stray come into the yard, the pup has had a few good scraps with the male cats and she always wins, shes only a miniature pinscher so some of these male cats are bigger than her in every way and our female cat always looks on through the window.

I had a male cat trying to get into the window on my second story, it jumped from a fence, and had to jump nearly 3m from the fence, and it latched onto my flyscreen while i was having a piss, you think im just going to let it hang of my flyscreen ripping holes in it and squealing? no way, your going to tap it in the guts so it falls off hopeing it learnt the valuable lesson of not playing cliff hanger with my fly screens

Edited by Hypanheaven, 15 October 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#49 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

We had the exact same situation at our old place but luckily in our back yard. Only legal way we could help was to get a dog but by the time we did all the frogs were basically dead already. It's disgusting that irresponsible cat owners can get away with these kinds of things and really annoys the hell out of me.

#50 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

kleinz i find that interesting that if someone elses cat (not restrained to their own yard) comes into your yard and then gets chomped by your dog in your yard on your property it then becomes your problem!!! thats totally unjust.... firstly the cat is on your property were it shouldnt be so it does so at its own risk....

QUOTE (Kleinz @ Oct 15 2012, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I were to have a dog and the dog were to attack or even just chase this cat while the cat was in my yard mutilating birds, I could get a fine and the dog might be put down under the Dog Act.

i dont think thats correct at all... ranger told me the only time anyone has the power to put a dog down is when it has attacked a human or has attacked several animals in a public place... if you donot surrender your dog to be put down they cannot take it without a court order.. court order for the destruction of a dog is taken seriously and isnt issued without due cause... 99% of cases its only in the case of a human being attacked and bitten and caused some sort of reasonable injury beyond any doubt.... and once again if you have a good lawyer you'll beat it too!!!

i think you need to get on with the job! more action less talk!!!! tongue.gif smile.gif

remember if no-one saw you do it - it didnt happen!!!

#51 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (bigjohnnofish @ Oct 16 2012, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
remember if no-one saw you do it - it didnt happen!!!

Probably shouldnt have started this chat, just gotten rid of it and noone would be the wiser..

Edited by Hypanheaven, 16 October 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#52 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

http://www.austlii.e...97644/s33d.html
DOG ACT 1976 - SECT 33D
33D . Dog attacks, etc.
(1) If a dog attacks or chases any person, or any animal owned by or in the charge of another person, whether or not any injury is caused, every person liable for the control of the dog commits an offence —
(a) in the case of any person, unless he satisfies the court that the dog was being used in good faith in the reasonable defence of any person or property or for the droving or removal of any animal found trespassing;
(cool.gif in the case of the occupier of premises where the dog is ordinarily kept or ordinarily permitted to live, unless he satisfies the court that at the material time the dog was in fact owned by some other person (whom he shall identify) over the age of 18 years; or
© in the case of the owner or the registered owner, unless he satisfies the court that at the material time the dog was in the possession or control of some other person without his consent, express or implied.

Penalty: $10 000.
(2) A person shall not set on or urge a dog to attack or chase any person or any animal owned by or in the charge of another person, whether or not any injury is caused, except in good faith —
(a) in the reasonable defence of any person or property; or
(cool.gif for the droving or removal of any animal if —
(i) the owner or person in charge of the animal consents to the droving or removal; or
(ii) the animal is found trespassing.

Penalty: $10 000, or 12 months imprisonment, or both.

Edited by MadDocker, 16 October 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#53 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Got me thinking, can you check the rules on this one please as I don't know where to look.
I'm sick of the local dogs crapping in my yard and digging up plants
Is it legal for me to set up theobromine laced baits to stop them if I keep the baits on my property?

#54 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

In a residential house in Dalkeith and presuming you mean your front yard?? No way that would be legal.

#55 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

How could someone prove that Tarpon put the baits down on his property?

#56 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

My property though, dogs would be trespassing

QUOTE (Jason82 @ Oct 16 2012, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How could someone prove that Tarpon put the baits down on his property?

Good point

#57 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Obvious troll is obvious.

#58 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

I dont think it's a good idea.

Edited by MadDocker, 16 October 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#59 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

I don't think it's a good idea either, but how could it be proven?

#60 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Why don't you ask the police? They would probably be the ones investigating the poisoning of family pets in the suburbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users