Resun Dms-400 Nano Marine :)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

Introduction:
hey all, so nothing major has been going on in the marine side of the pcs forum so thought id kick it up, i had a 4x2x2 and still have it but havent got it running, shame but awell cant do much atm, so i HAD to have something else, i done alot of reaserch of "masa" and fell in LOVE with nano's so went and got 1 of my own, i bought a resum dms-400 which is a great tank, aniways ill get to it to keep every 1 wanting more tongue.gif p.s id like to blame tranced for my addiction to nano tanks as his tank made me really wanna do it tongue.gif haha smile.gif, well to kick things off

System Objectives: to keep a simple bright soft coral tank, with few fish and invertebrates

System Type: Mixed Reef

"Display System"

Strike up Date: 5/9/2010

Display Tank: resun dms-400 48Litres

Display Lighting: stock One blue and one white 15W lamps

Stand: n/a

Hood: stock

Sump: Back-mounted filtration system, 3 compartments,
1st: nano protein skimmer
2nd: atm bio balls and other stock equipment, will be changed to liverock rubble
3rd: 550l/h return pump with 75w aqua one heater
"Support systems"

System Water: artificial salt water

Display Water circulation: 550l/h pump, will eventually change to something more smaller if found,

Return Pump:stock 550 l/h

Skimmer: nano skimmer

Evaporation Top Up: manual

#2 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

everything has been running well, got some hitch hikers with my awsome liverock from vebas, slugs etc

i added a peppermint shrimp. lil dudes kinda shy atm so dnt see him alot, and when i do he speeds off, so ill try snap a foto of him if i can smile.gif

first lot of pictures

#3 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

i have heard that people have been happy using a vortech mp10 on these. but otherwise is looking nice, just go slowly till your cycle is complete and the tank is stable. Patience is the way. you might wanna wait for things to stabilize before adding much more.

#4 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

thanks neakit, yer i wont be adding anything more for a while. water levels were stable sum just a tiny bit off but will wait 2 weeks or so before adding anything else. as for the vortech deffinetly going to look into it, thank you smile.gif

#5 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

looks good mate, the best part is watching all the wierd things emerge from the liverock! from my limited experience, most soft corals are very hardy and forgiving of mistakes, and they look awesome as well! looking foward to some more marine action on here smile.gif

#6 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:49 PM

YES so tru, alot of things on my rock come out at nite so its good to see it when i turn the light on and there out then go away slowly, i had a mussel on my live rock and i heard bubbles, turn my light on and i seen my peppermint shrimp like racing round, and the mussel open like as if it was tryna eat it, so ripped the rock up and ripped the mussel outta the rock

#7 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

if u get one of those blue LED keyring light things you can snoop around your tank in the dark without disturbing them too much, i found alot of aiptasias this way.

#8 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

shameee my peppermint shrimp wont come out from the back, ill try snag a few photos of him at wen the lights off if i can

#9 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

red might be easier on your eyes tho.

#10 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:33 AM

mmm nope he dnt like any of use so cant get a pic tongue.gif haha nah hes a shy 1, i was going to try catch him but geeeeez his sooo fast aye

#11 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

well well well so far so good allthough shrimp dont like coming out hes going good, mite get him a friend sooon, smile.gif um just sum pictures and stuff, alot of things on my rock have grown just wanting to get sum i.d of these if any 1 can help that'd be great biggrin.gif

1st picture is sum sort of like kinda carpet thing, not sure really :S

and the 2nd is sum sort of clam, it opens up a but here and there, should i be weiry of this clam thing?

#12 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

smile.gif

#13 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:33 AM

grrr, i keep finding little crab's, and not the good type these are ugly 1's even found a red crab size of a 5 cent piece, but it was dead,
weekend will be water change day!! woohooo

#14 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:09 AM

lol man i found the most evil bastard crab ever in my tank, i was too scared to pick him up, looks like a serial killer... i call him "the general"

#15 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

haha wat did u do with it? i immedietly got rid of them. as i read there not good for the tank

#16 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

the general is pretty crafty so im having a hard time catching him. normally i just grab em with my bare hands but this one would rip my finger off ohmy.gif

#17 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

wow, must be a decent size then lol, mine was tiny,

#18 Leaf Fish

Leaf Fish
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hi Tranced,
the best way I found to catch crabs from my tank was to get a glass jar with a reasonably sized open end and bury it on a diagonal in the sand with the base down.
Put it in place just before you turn off your lights with a bit of prawn in the bottom and the general should wander in to eat it but the glass will be too slippery for him to crawl back up.

#19 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

problem is... he is a bloody swimmer crab! might need to starve my mantis shrimp for a while, make him earn his keep wink.gif

#20 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

do it!!!!! that'd be awsome, haha grr i hate crabs, besides anemone crabs there awsome biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users