Photo

Resun Dms-400 Nano Marine :)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

wooooooooooooooooooooowwww its been sum time since i posted anything on here, hmm. well anyways heres something, unfortunatly my peppermint passed away, i went to bali for 2 weeks and my family forgot to feed him sad.gif i thought he would of been ok from algae but yer. well i decided it was time to re sculpture my whole tank, ive pulled all my rock out, and doing my water change to get fresh water in there to start from scratch! i slacked off a bit with posting and keeping y tank going but now that i got sum free time will be getting into it, well keep posted and in the coming weeks everything will get going smile.gif

#22 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

Good to hear news about the tank, sorry to hear about the shrimp. We Need Pics. Is there anything you have changed on the tank its self??

#23 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

may be a dumb question but the more i learn the better!, is there any chance that crabs could of ate the shrimp? i pulled out my live rock and left it with a piece of wet news paper over nite and in the morning there were 4 crabs the size of a 10c coin there, could they of? :S because i cant seem to find the shrimp or even any part of him, so thats my only speculation of what coulda happened :S hmmm,,

aniways as for any changes, i went and got liverock, more sculptural n flat pieces to build with, last time i kinda had rocks all over the place but now i want more of a nice and easy but yet good looking tank with my rock. been looking around for ideas so kinda got a good idea of how i want things to go!, i also done a water change, checked everything couple hours after n some things were of by a bit but looking to get them spot on in the next couple days, also ive bought a strip of LED moonlights to give the tank some more light, as the current isnt the most powerfull, ive also order my 2 nano hydor koralia's so also waiting on that to come smile.gif, other then that, ill be cycling the tank for some time, looking to get everything spot on and then go from there, plan is still what i said from befor but ill write down some stuff aniways, bit of a copy n paste

"Display System"

Strike up Date: 5/9/2010

Display Tank: resun dms-400, 48Litres

Display Lighting: stock One blue and one white 15W lamps, strip of led moonlights added

Sump: Back-mountd filtration system, 3 compartments,
1st: nano protein skimmer
2nd: live rock rubble, bits and pieces i crushed up
3rd: 550l/h return pump with 75w aqua one heater
"Support systems"

Display Water circulation: 2x 940lp/h nano hydor koralia's

#24 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

oh and here are some pictures of the liverock and them bastard crabs!!!! i checked the live rock for any more crabs and things but didnt see anything so hopefully theres no more

some nice colouring on the rock smile.gif

#25 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

It is possible the crabs did do the deed, Are you still using the original rock??? If so your cycle will be very short cause your old rock is already cured. Good to hear bout the increased circulation everything will love it. What is the lighting supplied with the tank? It may be sufficient for most things except sps.

Simon

#26 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

thanks simon big help, i thought it cpouldnt of died because food or anything so hmm, welli had taken all the rock out and most things have fallen of which to me is good, and by things i mean diffrent worms and things like that and other creatures, and i checked all over for any crabs n seems there isnt any more which is good aswell, and yer using same live rock but got 2kgs of new stuff so cycle will still be a decent amoiunt of time just to make everything all good, better to be safe then sorry, um lighting atm is One blue and one white 15W energy-efficient lamps, came with the tank but like i said ill be adding the led moonlight strip for some more lighting for things. id eventually maybe even customise a small hood to fit it some sort of better lighting to give some things the light they need!

#27 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

some changes made. just moving things around so things arnt all over the place and so theres more of a structure with the rock but still have a spacey feel so fish( when i get them) come they have holes n space to swim round hole tank and a nice open space at the front for things id like to get,, strangely my hydor koralia's or my led moonlight strip hasnt come yet so should be in sometime this week i hope, here for now is some pictures i took of what i wanted my structure to be like! enjoy,
p.s ill add piks of structure in the tank when water clears up

for now heres some

#28 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

ANOTHER UPDATE,
not so good, my hydor koralias finally came, used them for 6 hrs and they fried or blew up!!! ( if any 1 knows if i can get them fixed let me know please)
turns out the voltage and the Hz frequence coz it came from america was diffrent to ours so yer, so angry about it, while it did work it brang a great amount of movement!
still waiting on my led moonlight to come though so yer
done some scaping n moving things around, tanks been getting amazingly dirty smile.gif which i like showing signs of algae growing on my rock which went from a purply green colour now covered in browny green algae hair tongue.gif woop smile.gif

its saying i cnt upload any piks so if any 1 can help me with that aswell thatd be great thanks smile.gif

Edited by will, 15 January 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#29 scotty81

scotty81
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Bit of a difference between 50 and 60 Hrtz unfortunately

#30 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

yerr didnt look into that wen i bought them or where they were coming for that matter atm, looks like im gna have toi buy new koralia's joy! more money down the drain

#31 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

Aw that sucks to hear about the pumps sad.gif I try to get stuff from china so it's the same 240V instead of 110V (US), I have just recently put 2 koralia's into my tank and they do a great job!!
The rock setup you've got there looks great!! Your making me want to setup a nano tank too!! Have you considered Mantis Shrimp for your tank? I've heard there quite entertaining smile.gif

Edited by Riggertron, 02 May 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#32 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

hey riggertron, yer ive looked into mantis but not really my thing, as amazing as they look n awsome creatures they are, i have a huge love for fish and dnt think my fish would like being stalked haha tongue.gif, im currently in the process of going bigger, i acquired a 24x18x18 tank so in the process of sorting it all out n get it going biggrin.gif amazing journal u have aswell made me laugh n kept me on the edge of my chair haha

#33 kinh

kinh
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (will @ Oct 1 2010, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
grrr, i keep finding little crab's, and not the good type these are ugly 1's even found a red crab size of a 5 cent piece, but it was dead,
weekend will be water change day!! woohooo

The missus and I were moving everything out into a new tank 2 weeks ago and found 6 crabs out of nowhere as well. its amazing what you can find after 1 year or so running a small nano tank. however our skimmer is not doing a good job, we always seem to find the surface filled with the excess waste or what seems to look like "fat" on the surface.

#34 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

kinh what you need is a surface skimmer connected to your protien skimmer and that will remove the scunge that accumulates.

#35 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

How's the tank running now will? Any more criters? I found a small voltage converter on eBay that's worth a look for small things like that... It only supports up to 100watt appliances though

#36 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:55 AM

tank has been shutdown n sold as of friday!!, moving onto something better, and more hands on biggrin.gif

#37 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

shame, oh well whats next?

#38 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

24x18x18 biggrin.gif, been working on it for a while

#39 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:51 AM

Hahaha yeah the mantis was very entertaining smile.gif I've gotta thank Tranced again though for his help in getting him out, he'd probably still be there otherwise smile.gif I'm really looking forward to seeing some pics/updates of your new tank mate can't wait for the journal smile.gif

#40 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

deffs post a new journal soon, im off work atm so working on the tank alot, just waiting on getting sum $$$ so i can build my weir and get sum glass slots for my sump biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users