Photo

This Pleco Isnt Intimidate By Piranhas

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

people say it'd be cool to own a snake head... sorry i dont share the same desire to own one... i like all my fingers on my hand... and dont want to worry about my own safety every time i have to do some tank maintenance... and they get to a decent size and become very hard to manage safely... outside pond wouldnt be an option - imagine your cat or dog drinking water from the pond and whammo get chomped by your snakehead... imagine how bad you'd feel then.. be very much like having an american pitbull trained to kill - worry about it 24/7 to make sure no-one gets hurt or killed.... each to their own i guess - but if you ever end up having 1 one day you'll realise what i said and its not as cool as you first thought.... especially if it bites you :)

#22 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

Come on mate. They are an amazing fish, but I wouldn't be staying up at night with fear of my pet snakehead killing someone!

#23 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

stranger things have happened... a chiwawa has killed a human before too... highly unlikely but it could happen..... 

im referring to the giant snakehead also... some of the smaller and dwarf species wouldnt pose a risk... but a 2 foot plus giant snakehead woud be a handful :)

#24 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

Who doesnt like at least a handful?
  • Fox likes this

#25 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

You've been watching too much river monster my friend.

I could put a glass of water down next to a fish tank and a cardinal tetra could jump into it, causing me to choke and die. Does that make cardinal tetras potential killers?
  • Fox likes this

#26 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

I could easily have lost a finger to my old mangrove jack, just as impressive set of chompers and just as aggressive as a snakehead i reckon. I personally would love to own one, but keeping one responsibly is another story.

#27 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

thanks ice some common sense at last... if your too blazay about it then chances are you might have yourself a shorter finger or 2.... 

catching a giant snakehead after fighting it for some time on rod/reel must be a bit of buzz but handling it after its exhausted would be somewhat easier than trying to handle one in a tank full of steam....

#28 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:20 AM

I saw the locals swimming quite happily in a waterway where the world record giant snakehead was caught. I know this as my guide was the man who caught the world record fish. Enough said really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users