ANGFA meetings ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:23 PM

I was interested if the ANGFA group still meet? If not at the hall is at someone house. There seems to be a reniewed interest in this group of fish.
I know when I attended a couple of the meetings I found it very informative and met some great people.

Tony smile.gif

#2 Graeme

Graeme
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hi Tony

I spoke to Syd a week or so ago.
He is looking to start it back up after the ANGFA conference later this year all going well.

Im sure he will clarify
Graeme

#3 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:57 PM

Thanks Greame

Is there much interest out there from people wanting to get involved in Australian and New Guinea fish.

I f you would be interested in joining ANGFA and attending some discussions/meetings please indicate here and we maybe able to encourage it to start again biggrin.gif

I will be in it.

Tony

#4 shaggy

shaggy
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:15 AM

I am interested too

#5 Warp

Warp
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

I will most definitely join ANGFA if there is going to be a club set up here in WA, as that is where my interests are. Native plants n fish.

Regards Mike.

#6 Graeme

Graeme
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

Hi Guys

there is a national branch you can join .
I am a member,it wasnt very expensive and gives you access to some amazing online resources.
http://www.angfa.org.au/intro.html

Graeme

#7 sydad

sydad
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

To all interested parties,

It's great to see some interest being shown in the possibility of reviving ANGFA WA.
I have to take some responsibility for the delay in acting upon people's interests, but I plead personal difficulties over the past several months while admitting that this is probably an inadequate excuse. mea culpa.

As I am attending the ANGFA National Convention in Darwin during the weekend of 8th to 10th of June, I hope to plead the case for assistance from ANGFA National for WA: particularly in the area of Programme material, as this has been the single greatest problem we have faced since our inception in the mid 1980s. (Actually, this is AGAIN, as I have asked for such assistance on numerous occasions).
To attend the convention, I will be caravanning to Darwin, and returning early in July. As this will be the first significant break J and I have had in 10 years, it is taking most of my time at the moment organising the trip.
I mention this as I will be unable to do anything about re-forming ANGFA WA until my return.
If someone wishes to take the initiative in getting things up and running before then, please feel free to do so. I will help wherever possible. Please be aware that to be part of ANGFA it is necessary to conform to some conditions.

I would encourage anybody interested in ANGFA to also join the national body as there are benefits in so doing; including receiving the superb publication "Fishes of Sahul",which is published three times a year, together with "ANGFA NEWS" which is similarly published.

If anyone is interested, and not aware of ANGFA National, I suggest a look at the website. ( angfa.org.au).
Any questions....send me a P.M. or 'phone me on 9523 1335, and I'll do my best to assist.

Regards
Syd.

#8 Warp

Warp
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Giday Guys,

Just checking in to see if ANGFA WA is on the cards again or not? Just renewed my National Membership but would like to see whats happening locally. Back to work again on Monday and not a whole lot of spare time up my sleeve, but, if I can help with anything to get things back on track please let me know.

Cheers

Mike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users