Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Photo

Anyone Getting Fish From Aquotix German Import?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

Hi Spiesie just getting a few Gold occys  hopefully start a small colony and hopefully get some new blood into WA

#22 Spiesie

Spiesie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

Hi Spiesie just getting a few Gold occys  hopefully start a small colony and hopefully get some new blood into WA

Nice one! If only had I a spare tank. They would be in there :D

#23 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

I'm seriously excited for our new fish friends.  

We've got a few aulonocara firefish; aulonocara reef and; a mob of tropheus caramba bishops.  If only tropheus were more social or extra tanks were easier to hide around the house.  Would love to of imported a range of tropheus.

#24 Spiesie

Spiesie
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:35 AM

I'm seriously excited for our new fish friends.  

We've got a few aulonocara firefish; aulonocara reef and; a mob of tropheus caramba bishops.  If only tropheus were more social or extra tanks were easier to hide around the house.  Would love to of imported a range of tropheus.

Very nice! Will they be for display or breeding?

#25 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:18 AM

You are right Chris. I am also very excited... Can't wait to pick up my two colonies of T. Golden Kazumbe and T. Murago Green...
Especially Murago's as they were on my "dream list" for very very long time. Because these were extremely overfished in the lake years ago now officially on a list of "endangered species" of Lake Tanganyika. I hope I can breed thousand to export them back to the lake lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

Marius let me know when the Tropheus are settled in, and I'll swing past with some beers

#27 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

Very nice! Will they be for display or breeding?

They are for display, the auloconara's will add to our clinic tank (lots of peacocks in differing blues and electric yellows so it will be awesome to have some flashes of green and red).  

The trophs are just for me :)  

Seriously though who can stop the little buggers trying to breed, they are always trying to get a mouth full.  That's how our sans spot lost his eye.

#28 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

You are right Chris. I am also very excited... Can't wait to pick up my two colonies of T. Golden Kazumbe and T. Murago Green...
Especially Murago's as they were on my "dream list" for very very long time. Because these were extremely overfished in the lake years ago now officially on a list of "endangered species" of Lake Tanganyika. I hope I can breed thousand to export them back to the lake lol

The golden Kazumbes are lovely, the Murangos have a cool look too.  What are you putting them in?  Seperate tanks or a large community tank?  

Its sad about them being fished out :(  It would be nice to be able to send them back in a padded post bag to get them home.  I kind of feel the same about our Astatotilapia, in fact I tell him if he doesn't remain a kind tank mate thats exactly what we will do with him, post him back home  :)  Perhaps I talk with my fish too much.

Edited by chrishaigh82, 28 February 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#29 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:05 PM

These are quite big colonies with qty of 30 and 36 and each one will have its own 6ft tank to grow for now. Maybe an upgrade to a 8ft will be necessary later on time will tell . At the moment there is a bit of reshuffling going on as I am in the process of insulating my shed to make up my own "underwater Tanganyika paradise" with couple of couches and a beer fridge to enjoy it even more ... I think First step will be moving my Frontosa Mobas into a new 10 ft setup. Then I really need to make my mind on what else to keep and what to sell. Currently keeping few other small colonies of Tropheus like black Kiriza , lufubu, brichardi Bulombora, brichardi canary cheek, Ikola, Bulu point, Katoto and t. annectens.... The insulated shed is a must have as you can see ... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its sad about them being fished out :(  It would be nice to be able to send them back in a padded post bag to get them home.  I kind of feel the same about our Astatotilapia, in fact I tell him if he doesn't remain a kind tank mate thats exactly what we will do with him, post him back home  :)  Perhaps I talk with my fish too much.
You make me feel better now as I was thinking I'm the only one naming my fish and talking to them :) :) :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Maaxim, 28 February 2016 - 10:06 PM.

#30 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

You  are not alone with talking to your fish I do it all the time  more so if some are not behaving....  and yes some have names   nothing to be ashamed about ppl always talk to there pets :wub:

#31 Spiesie

Spiesie
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:06 AM

Good stuff! So glad someone is keeping a good variety of Tropheus here in Perth. And good choice on bring these in. I am sure there isn't many of these in Australia. So would be good to breed them. Good on ya for getting such big colonies as well!

#32 Spiesie

Spiesie
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

They are for display, the auloconara's will add to our clinic tank (lots of peacocks in differing blues and electric yellows so it will be awesome to have some flashes of green and red).  

The trophs are just for me :)

Seriously though who can stop the little buggers trying to breed, they are always trying to get a mouth full.  That's how our sans spot lost his eye.

Nice. Post a pic of the display if you can. Always love a good peacock display! Good stuff on importing the trophs, Don't think there is many of these around.

Speaking of...Went to Aquotix yesterday. Apparently the import came in on Friday or something. Wasn't able to view them due to the quarantine rules/regulation but apparently they arrived happy and healthy.

Edited by Spiesie, 29 February 2016 - 08:16 AM.

#33 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:07 AM

Speaking of...Went to Aquotix yesterday. Apparently the import came in on Friday or something. Wasn't able to view them due to the quarantine rules/regulation but apparently they arrived happy and healthy.

Ha, maybe not actually quarantine regulations, they just know we would all be down there sniffing around to check the new imports out :) 

#34 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

These are quite big colonies with qty of 30 and 36 and each one will have its own 6ft tank to grow for now. Maybe an upgrade to a 8ft will be necessary later on time will tell . At the moment there is a bit of reshuffling going on as I am in the process of insulating my shed to make up my own "underwater Tanganyika paradise" with couple of couches and a beer fridge to enjoy it even more ... I think First step will be moving my Frontosa Mobas into a new 10 ft setup. Then I really need to make my mind on what else to keep and what to sell. Currently keeping few other small colonies of Tropheus like black Kiriza , lufubu, brichardi Bulombora, brichardi canary cheek, Ikola, Bulu point, Katoto and t. annectens.... The insulated shed is a must have as you can see ... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make me feel better now as I was thinking I'm the only one naming my fish and talking to them :) :) :)

would be great to have a lot more people like you and others in this conversation right now in Perth.

#35 Spiesie

Spiesie
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

would be great to have a lot more people like you and others in this conversation right now in Perth.

I thought Maaxim was in Perth?

#36 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

Yep sure is,,, need more like him with reasonable collections,,, not saying there's none either,,, just not enough enough, that's all.
The disease (African cichlids, causing diversity disease in humans), got have more!!!! What's next ?, what's out now ?,,,,, the fish grabbers, generate and circulate,, all various followers of lesser forms and sizes through down to display only all becoming a vibrant collectors, buyers, sellers and breeders market,,,, all to a size which suits and drives a continual revolving cycle,,,, this is what concretes specie continuation in the hobby.
Classic example is Sydney which are solidly enough thriving, and things are meant to be fairly quiete over there and yet to me they look their going well, and they say they're going well still, just not at its best.
Sure everyone has jumped in to order new fish from wherever it be, but why should it take the import laws to entice to buy,, the passion should be there in you already.......

I only add this stuff for interesting reads and food for thought.

Edited by Buccal, 29 February 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#37 Spiesie

Spiesie
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:24 AM

^^^ O, now I see what you meant :wacko: 

I fully agree, we need more people here in Perth that have these type of collections of fish. And also with the passion. I believe it should be already there, the import might make it a little more ;) , but it should already have been there.

#38 Maaxim

Maaxim
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

Yeah lets "Spread the Cichlid love  :D " as someone said ones nicely hehehe   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Edited by Maaxim, 01 March 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#39 Dank_81

Dank_81
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

I've got a small colony of WC Mpimbwe Frontys coming in. Due to import req. they will be 10cm +.

Really excited can't wait to lay eye's on them let alone get them settled in at home  :D

I'm hoping to get a good breeding set-up going over the next few years  B)

#40 Spiesie

Spiesie
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

How is everyone's imports settling in? Show us a pic!!

BTW - Who got some of the Aulonocara Firefish? I saw one of the males and they were absolute stunning! Would love to get my hands on some these!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users