Photo

Fish Prices And Importing - Kigoma.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#1 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

Almost like you didn't read my words I put in brackets. (Hah).

#2 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:45 AM

What do the brackets mean? That everything you said previously doesn't count?

If you're going to say something then mean it. Otherwise why should anyone read your dribble

#3 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

My, my

#4 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

Poncho - I think Buccal has probably forgotten more about fish keeping than you know. I'm not sure why the PCS tries so hard to push away long term knowledgable keepers? I am not sure what Buccal has said in this thread could be considered 'dribble'? Just stated what he may be willing to pay for these fish if the quality and condition of the fish is up to standard. Pull your head in chief.

To the right person that probably are 'worth' 400-450 (always dependant on quality). To the average punter probably 200ish. It is also subjective, and what fish are worth changes like the wind. 

:)

#5 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:52 PM

Prices are also highly reliant on other sellers and what they can sell them for, just saw a colony of 7 kigoma around 20cm each of good quality go for $250. Now a trio for up to $400+

Prices are always wack and it depends on , how keen people are to get rid of them, how much they personally value the fish, how much they previously paid for the fish and other seperate pressures eg. Moving house or financial problems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

Poncho - I think Buccal has probably forgotten more about fish keeping than you know. I'm not sure why the PCS tries so hard to push away long term knowledgable keepers? I am not sure what Buccal has said in this thread could be considered 'dribble'? Just stated what he may be willing to pay for these fish if the quality and condition of the fish is up to standard. Pull your head in chief.

To the right person that probably are 'worth' 400-450 (always dependant on quality). To the average punter probably 200ish. It is also subjective, and what fish are worth changes like the wind. 

:)

thanks Alex,
We also can't forget the shops (sponsors),, it's fine to sell fish under value, but don't advertise plummeting prices,, the cheaper deals get done in private.
A shop wouldn't like reading this, as it undermines shop and street values.
A breeding trio of these I'd say anyone who's searching for breeding fish would jump at these.
Some time back I started the beginning of revealing pics of my breeders which I would have made last for about 4 months or so,, I started to speak of the sales history and findings of each fish,,, and you gunned me down Poncho for talking about negative sales of particular fish,,, you proceeded to explain that the negative talk was no good for promotion of fish.
Now your saying a trio of healthy breeding Kigomas are not worth that,,,, that's just forcing the degradation of value. Not well done.

#7 Bostave

Bostave

Memberships

• Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

Buccal,
Why are you degrading the values of punctuations, grammar, spellings and statistics? You degrade theses by over using, being grammatically wrong, misspelled words and inaccurate as well as making up percentages, respectively.

#8 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

Perhaps it's you guys not reading my words. Tom smith is after a current market value for a trio of Kigoma frontosa. I think he's entitled to hear a fair estimate.

Now if WC 7bar fronts are retailing for $150-$250 each, do you really believe that a private seller of some standard issue 7 bars is going to get $150 as well? That's what you're saying to him and I think Tom is entitled to a bit of reality because he asked a genuine question. Good luck to him if he can sell for $400 but as self proclaimed fish hobby experts, you guys should know better.

I'm not going to respond to the other dribble posted and sorry Tom if I've helped derail your thread.

#9 Bostave

Bostave

Memberships

• Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

Can't be bothered with watching the video. Have you read his previous comments on PCS? The dude constantly uses 'bacterias' instead of bacteria. He should just cut and paste from google. When he puts in his words, it is literally in his words not in the dictionary's.

#10 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

Try to stay on topic please.

In case you forgot the topic is regarding price of Kigoma frontosa

#11 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

I'm lost here... I don't understand who is talking about price for each and who about price for the lot

Retail value of Kigomas that size would be $150-$200 each, maybe $500 for the trio... that is if they are in good conditions and if you're lucky

But since you're a private selling, take 20-30% off that

A good friend of mine got a big colony of Mobas, all adults and one huge one, some WC, and he paid less than $100 each...

#12 Bostave

Bostave

Memberships

• Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

I apologise for going off the topic.

#13 LexAgate

LexAgate
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:33 PM

So if you're still curious $150-$500 depending on multiple factors :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:38 PM

This is bloody nuts, sounding a little senile to me now.

#15 Bostave

Bostave

Memberships

• Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:59 AM

Not at all. Read all you previous posts.
Now stay on the topic.

#16 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

Yeah yeah,,,, I'm on topic, nothing wrong with my stuff, you still wiped my stuff, I'm still strong, still nice and won't even cause trouble.
The seller asked for value,,, has nothing to do with the reasons for why people want to pay more.
The findings show in first two answers, that there are some that will pay more (me),,, and some that wouldn't pay much (poncho).
Then I got picked on. :)

#17 Bostave

Bostave

Memberships

• Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

Four consecutive commas! Nothing wrong?

#18 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

Come on guys play nice

#19 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

Buccal would you pay $450 EACH for a 15cm frontosa ? Or $450 for the trio?

Sorry I'm still confused about this

#20 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:58 AM

Lol, $450 for the breeding trio, As the topic is based on Eoi : Kigoma Frontosa breeding trio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users