Photo

Need Your Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Are you sure the water chem is ok. When was your last water change ?

#42 kylie85

kylie85
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Last water change was around the 24th April, everything was fine but I don't have gh kit so may have to get one while I'm in perth.

Just find it all weird have had the tank and the fish for a yr now and I haven't changed anything

#43 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

There's always the possibility of the aggression levels in the tank rising as the fish increase in size and competing for territory or space. Unfortunatly as Daz said it just happens. How many fish in total now Kylie? What species have you got left in there and what's the tank layout like? There's sooooo many variables!!

#44 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Some fish when getting picked on can lay down and die pretty fast without much sign of bodily harm, as previously mentioned, that's the thing with Malawian fish, mix and match try different combos, I know it may cost a bit but dying is quite normal on the way to specie balance, and all tolerating each other. I find what definitely works is jam a whole lot together in the tank, a few more than the limit, a few may die but you should end up with a good balance, only add a few at one time every third day on a established aquarium.
This way the aggression is spreaded, all the fish get a turn at being bullied as well as getting a rest while the next get bullied, hope this makes sense to you.

#45 kylie85

kylie85
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

So this is what I have left, 6 fish!

Dolphin
Peacock
Venutus
Jacobfreibergi

And two other silver ones which I can't remember their names?!! Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users