Photo

I Want Buccal Back On The Site

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 jase87

jase87
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Does anyone else miss the very helpful info that buccal use to put on this site?? He was one of the most knowledgable members on here and always gave expert advice to any that needed it. Jase

#2 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Where has he gone?

#3 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Holiday?

#4 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

Where's Wally or in this case, where's Buccal. Perhaps he doesn't want to come back, are you saying that he got banned Jase

Edited by sandgroper, 20 December 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#5 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

He hasn't been banned. He simply hasn't posted in a while.

Nothing odd about that.

If you want to get in touch with him try PMing him.

#6 jase87

jase87
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

No one said he got banned. after having a look at his last post it would seem poncho the committee member was rather rude to him.. I'm aware I can pm him, it's more disappointing to me as I really enjoyed his in depth responses to other peoples questions, I found his posts to be extremely helpfull. Jase

Edited by jase87, 20 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#7 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

It was his choice to leave. I hope to see buccal back on here too, very helpful guy. But don't go on here pointing fingers. Yes he got upset with one of ponchos posts, but he's the one that decided to not come back.

#8 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

He chose not to post again.
He still logs on every day.

Poncho was just a entitled to an opinion as anyone.
What does being a committee member have to do with it?

#9 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

ssnew5.gif

actually changed my mind..... too much of... 5argue.gif ...leads to... frustrated_smiley.gif ...equates to... 2down.gif

but its not the first time nor will it be the last time :)

Edited by bigjohnnofish, 21 December 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#10 Naraic

Naraic
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

Garlic...

#11 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

He chose not to post again.
He still logs on every day.
Poncho was just a entitled to an opinion as anyone.
What does being a committee member have to do with it?

Big boy of big boy mods club control freaking everything again.
Entitled to options, yes, so plug in opinions related to the topic.
Singling people out and discussing what is thought of them is a opinion, yes,,,, but it's not a opinion based on true topic.

This has happened many times to me on the receiving end from Poncho and Werdna,,,,,,, I did not want members and store owners have there thoughts of me depreciated in any way.
It's easy to check past threads,,,, but these are not accurate as the mod club re-edits everything to appear in their favor,,, as this probably will,,,lol.

I log in, yes as I do on many other cichlid sites in OZ,,,, I keep a finger on popularity this way as it assists with what species are in order for supply (rough popularity gage).

Werdna and Anka said I chose not to come on anymore,,, again, just twisting people's thoughts.
Metaphoric example:
If a person gets smacked in the head at a night club and then leaves,,,, his choice isn't to leave because he wants to,, it's because it's put a damper on the evening, it fu_____ hurts and probably doesn't want it to happen again.
And he loves that night club.

As for me I've taken a fair few smacks in the head already (pcs personal attacks by big boy mods),,,,, sad to see new mods following same footsteps or maybe head space similarity.
Checking back on threads will not reveal all as its all been modified to suit.

Any spare window of time,,,, I took the chance to inject max info I could on subjects and branching relative avenues in the name of promoting and love for the diverse world of cichlids and fish,,,,, I'm still smashing them out and business as per usual.

Thanks Jase, for your kind words mate,,, I'll drop into currumbine shortly and say G'day now I'm on a one month work break.
Cheers all, I'm still here watching :)

#12 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Got any leucos for sale?

#13 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

While I do not feel the need to justify the actions of the moderators or committee members I will indulge you.

All the moderators and committee members volunteer their time and effort to the club and exercise their responsibilities the best they can. We are all human and therefore we can get irritated, antagonised and riled at times. When a user, who is not a supporting member of the club, attacks the livelihood of one of our sponsors (while arguably having a financial self-interest in the demise of said sponsor) we are compelled to act accordingly and exercise our responsibilities. If you interpret that as controlling "freaking everything" then that is your prerogative.

If you want to change how the club is run then feel free to pay for a membership and put up your hand at the next AGM and nominate yourself for candidacy for a CM position. Otherwise any complaints, recommendations or frustrations you may have can be PM'd to me and I will do what I can to accommodate you or alleviate the issue.

All this talk about the "big boys mods club" is nonsense. Very little moderation is actually done - most of it being done to ensure classified posts comply with the positing rules. We act in accordance with the T&C's of the forum and the articles of incorporation of the association.

All the moderators and committee members volunteer their time because they believe in the good cause that the PCS represents. If your opinion of us sways from this truth then I apologise for what has transpired in your mind that could cause you to believe in the contrary.

Like I said if you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact me.

#14 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Too everyone reading this who thinks a similar thought to Buccal's above post.

I have two options here

1) reply directly to the above post, risk being accused of personally attacking Buccal and using my power as an admin and one of the "purple circle" to bend the truth, and let it turn into a slinging match

2) ignore it, and let things turn into a slinging match anyway with CM vs. us comments, or be accused of purposely ignoring the thread because I am too scared of having to admit to something.

I am going to do neither.

I will state this.

Some people on here believe I have a personal vendetta against them.

The fact is that NOTHING I state on here is personal.

I do however dislike anyone posting a theory or assumption as fact. Especially if I know, or a quick google search tells me, it is incorrect.

This is a public forum. Many people read this. Some with very little experience.

If you post something as fact that I believe to be absolutely wrong, I will quote every piece of information that I believe incorrect and state what I believe to be correct.

I am not trying to rip your post to pieces/personally attack you/smack you over the head, I am simply trying to make it easier to understand where I believe you are wrong.

I also try to reference every time to give supporting evidence to my argument.

It surprises me how often people get offended by this.

I am not posting because I am abusing my admin powers, I am posting because I have just as much right as you do as an active participant on this forum.

Lets face it, this is a public forum. There are many experienced people on here from all walks of life.

There will be times that some people are going to disagree with you.

That's what happens on a forum, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion.

Occasionally there will be a difference of opinion.

If you don't like it, don't post on a public forum. Simple.

I am not going to get into an argument here.

However don't sit here bitching that CM, mods and admins are purposely picking on you when you are posting incorrect information.

The only things ever deleted are personal attacks.

It can be very difficult keeping a thread flowing sometimes when most of the posts are half personal attacks. However we do try to ensure the flow continues.

I also try not to moderate a thread that I am involved in, someone else can do it as I don't want to look biased, unless it is a blatant personal attack.

Buccal if you want to post on this forum, post on here, I don't care either way.

However if you make a post that I believe is incorrect, expect me to question it. Don't cry foul when you are posting an unproven hypothesis or theory as fact.

#15 jase87

jase87
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

The only things ever deleted are personal attacks.

Oh Buccal, the only wisdom to be gained from your posts is that which results in an understanding that it is wiser not to have read your drivel in the first place. Unfortunately it is too late for me, I’ve read some of your posts and am poorer for having done so.

But seriously, why do you feel it necessary to answer questions asked of someone else and speak on their behalf without invitation? I don’t want or need to hear your endless and limited fishkeeping philosophies everytime I ask someone else a basic question. In fact in this thread you go one step further and even assume to relate what Ronny’s and my answer to a question would be. Does your audacity have no bounds? Are you that desperate for validation that you have to burden every thread on this forum with constant and long-winded drivel?

Im sorry to say guys but isn't this a straight out personal attack on someone that contributed a lot to the forum?? if poncho felt this way wouldn't it have been more fair to either keep it to himself or pm buccal

Edited by jase87, 21 December 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#16 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Real Men Keep Americans Or Tankbusters you fools :P

Edited by TheTexasCichlidMasacre, 21 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#17 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

all of you need to shutup because i said so... 

Edited by TheTexasCichlidMasacre, 21 December 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#18 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

i understand where your coming from werdna... but sometimes your approach comes on too strong and appears hostile... perhaps your choice of words in reply should be better thought out and then people wouldnt feel like your picking on them or trying to settle a vendetta by belittling someone on a public forum... 

being in a place of perceived power would to me mean stepping slowly in your slippers and not stomping in your work boots and jumping up and down....

volunteering for mods,committee etc is doing the club a good service.. but having stepped up to such a position it also brings responsibilities....

as for ponchos post - a moderator should have removed that as its a continuous blatant attack... its not just dropping a sarcastic comment and then getting on with it... someone needed to stand up and remove that from the public eye... doesnt perceive a good image of a club president (or is it former club president)..... either way if i was in a position as poncho - i would be very embarrassed to have posted that... i defintiely would have watered it down, and perhaps then sent it by pm...

were the moderators at the time too scared to remove ponchos post ??? is it like a foot soldier going against his seargent ??? i dunno if we will get a reply to this :)

#19 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

sad-kitten-meme-generator-forum-fighting

Hey Dazza, We need to start the cat posts again :) Seems to calm every one down

#20 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

all of you need to shutup because i said so...

I would do what tcm says... He keeps americans and tb's. You dont mess with a guy like that.
  • Fox likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users