Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Why are my posts being removed?

#2 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Seems differing opinions are no longer acceptable here.

Edited by Peckoltia, 12 January 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#3 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

Part of the T&Cs for use of the forum
Please refrain from naming businesses or products for negative feedback. If you have a problem, try and work it out with the shop in question.

I have also deleted your duplicate thread.

Cheers

Andrew

#4 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

In my opinion the outlet in question is not qualified to be a sponsor of the PCS. Standards may have been lowered since I left but the long term sponsors have noticed and the PCS will probably regret the decision to allow a substandard outlet to become a sponsor.
I have not named a store in this post, so this post should remain.

#5 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Peckoltia @ Jan 11 2012, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems differing opinions are no longer acceptable here.

That comment's a bit rich from someone who seems to have a million posts in every topical debate on here. Fair go please!

Terry, standards have not dropped but our approach has changed. Time will tell if this is a bad decision, but if it is, it certainly won't be the first time a committee has made one wink.gif

#6 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

Seems anything 'topical' is locked faster than a BMW door in balga! smile.gif

I didn't realise debate was frowned upon. I'll leave it at that though. smile.gif

#7 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 11 2012, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion the outlet in question is not qualified to be a sponsor of the PCS. Standards may have been lowered since I left but the long term sponsors have noticed and the PCS will probably regret the decision to allow a substandard outlet to become a sponsor.

What qualifies a store to be a sponsor then? And what have long term sponsors noticed?

#8 crazyD

crazyD
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 11 2012, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not meaning to nit pick bud but you may not name it in this post but we all can see who your talking about from your other posts so sorta defeats to purpose maybe you can just let go of what ever it is you hold against this sponser. its hard but its best to walk away than be carried away sumtimes all the forums are like this now and all the forums have their stereotipical people on there the ones who post on every topic, the ones that complain when sumthing seems unfair, and the trolls then there is the d**kheads lol not pointing out which one anyone is just saying everyone has their place on this forum and any other forum.

#9 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (crazyD @ Jan 12 2012, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not meaning to nit pick bud but you may not name it in this post but we all can see who your talking about from your other posts so sorta defeats to purpose maybe you can just let go of what ever it is you hold against this sponser. its hard but its best to walk away than be carried away sumtimes all the forums are like this now and all the forums have their stereotipical people on there the ones who post on every topic, the ones that complain when sumthing seems unfair, and the trolls then there is the d**kheads lol not pointing out which one anyone is just saying everyone has their place on this forum and any other forum.

Before you mouth off.
Find out who you are talking too.
Terry is a very well respected in the hobby, and was a part of the PCS back in the early days up until recently.

Kev - Malaga Aquarium is a great mate of many here including Terry. To see that the shop in question is now a sponsor could be taken as a little rude by many IMO.
IMO I think the PCS should have waited a bit longer, I realise the club needs sponsors etc, but I'm pretty sure they don't need that one ATM.
I saw it as "Oh well, Malaga has gone, might as well get the other one in now" It may not be like that, But I certainly saw it like that.
Don't get me wrong, I know the owner of that store quite well, nice bloke etc, but I still think the PCS should have waited at least 6mths before that sponsor on.
Some may say, whats the difference, 2 mths - 6mths, well there is a bit of difference. Let the wound heal first...

So a little bit of respect goes a long way.

#10 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm curious to know what makes a good sponsor and what makes a bad? Why do you choose certain shops over others? I've been lurking pcs for one day, Terry, and even I could take a stab at the sponsor your "not mentioning".

#11 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

I see exactly were your coming from and agree to an extent but could it also be due to the fact that a PCS member has recently gained employment at that store just prior to sponsorship ???

#12 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

I suggest that if possible, it would be a good idea for person to be sent a PM before a post is deleted. I know this would make the commitee and mods job longer, but surely it would stop people from getting upset.
Everyone has their opinion, and I got to agree with Terry in this instance. I don't want to criticise anyone, as I also think that the mods do a good job.
As Poncho says, time will tell if this is a good decision. In the mean time, lets all try and put all differences aside and enjoy this hobby for what it is.

On a more positive note, I'd like to say that it's really nice to see people being really helpful with advice etc. with the new people that have joined PCS recently. I'm only new here too, and really enjoy getting info from this forum, as well as meeting people from here too. Keep it up guys n gals!
biggrin.gif

#13 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks Jason , a pm was sent , I always send a pm when I delete something

#14 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

1. I think all sponsorship is healthy for our club- let's not let emotion get in the way!
IMO all prospective & current sponsors should be welcomed .

2. QUICK lock this thread there is far too much opinion, free speech and conflict going on here! biggrin.gif

#15 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Az , the closing of Malaga aquariums has nothing to do with new sponsor coming on board , a request was made and a decision was reached by the committee bottom line is as a club we could all learn to get along and work together . As you can all see this thread has been left open because we do value the opinion of our members, however I would be great if people didn't jump to conclusions

#16 crazyD

crazyD
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Aquatic Dreams @ Jan 12 2012, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before you mouth off.
Find out who you are talking too.
Terry is a very well respected in the hobby, and was a part of the PCS back in the early days up until recently.

Kev - Malaga Aquarium is a great mate of many here including Terry. To see that the shop in question is now a sponsor could be taken as a little rude by many IMO.
IMO I think the PCS should have waited a bit longer, I realise the club needs sponsors etc, but I'm pretty sure they don't need that one ATM.
I saw it as "Oh well, Malaga has gone, might as well get the other one in now" It may not be like that, But I certainly saw it like that.
Don't get me wrong, I know the owner of that store quite well, nice bloke etc, but I still think the PCS should have waited at least 6mths before that sponsor on.
Some may say, whats the difference, 2 mths - 6mths, well there is a bit of difference. Let the wound heal first...

So a little bit of respect goes a long way.

No worries mate not a problem like I said wasn't pointing out anyone
Was just pointing out what I saw in other posts
And bills have to be payed so one sponsor goes one has to fill its place you can life in past or move bro
Soon we will be buying fish from supermarkets anyway lol

#17 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

That's why most of us are part of the forum Jason, we love keeping fish and enjoy the hobby, IMO there aren't any posts that get removed unless there is a breach of T&C's, if people took the time to read these and follow accordingly there would not be the need to delete posts... If you don't like the terms and conditions of the club or something that's going on that's fine but instead of doing the keyboard warrior thing why not approach any one of the committee members and discuss it.. I'm sure we can reach an all round solution...

You can't keep everyone happy all the time...

#18 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (dave06 @ Jan 12 2012, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. I think all sponsorship is healthy for our club- let's not let emotion get in the way!
IMO all prospective & current sponsors should be welcomed .

I believe (Could be wrong) that the club has approx $6000 in the bank.......
I think waiting for around 6mths to let wounds heal wouldn't have been an issue financially.

And before anyone asks, I have been a Committee member before so I have an idea on how funds are spent. I'm pretty sure there would be enough to cover costs etc for 6mths.

QUOTE (crazyD @ Jan 12 2012, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soon we will be buying fish from supermarkets anyway lol

That my friend is so so true..... Very unfortunate!

#19 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Whatever gave you the idea that a sponsor is taken on purely for monetary reasons Azza ?

#20 crazyD

crazyD
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

We do need to support local fish shops more cuz soon we will all be arguing about who goldfish is cooler that they got at petbarn
So any sponsor that comes should be welcomed as long we don't get sold to china or america please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users