Photo

EOI: Breeding caves

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:24 AM

Yeah sorry about that Andrea, I was just about to post that those are not mine. I think a few people thought they where mine :roll:

I didn't know you where not asked sorry about that sad.gif

#22 TheWiz

TheWiz
  • Banned

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

stick to what you were making small is good for b/n these things will breed in any thing and you cant make evey body happy if you listen to evey body you will be making 100s of diffrent ones..

#23 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:20 PM

(anchar)
I have removed the images of the caves that I make as permission was not given to use them in this post.

Andrea smile.gif

Sorry about that, but since they were publicly viewable on this forum in your other post I didn't think I needed permission. Apologies.

#24 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

No worries Tim. Your intentions were good. I don't want them used as an advertising tool for someone else's product is all smile.gif

Andrea smile.gif

#25 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

Ok it has been some time since the discussion and i was shocked to see over 20 orders needed to be made 8O

I have risen to the challenge and got some clay slabs made up, spent all this after noon making them and got about 24 done biggrin.gif I am covered in clay and so is my keyboard now laugh.gif

The measurements now (not fired) is 6cm wide with a 4.5cm opening (shrink to 4cm) they are 11.5 cm long and will shrink down to 10.5cm, They are about 3-4cm height at the opening and that will again shrink down although i can make them bigger now while they are wet. Will 3cm be ok?

These are the smaller ones and i will continue to make more if there is interest:

The firing process cannot begin with out at least 1 week of drying or else they will all crack, So can people just Pm me again or even post bellow how many you want kinda like a PM. They are $10 each firm.

#26 Guest_Fives_*

Guest_Fives_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

i would be very interested Pm sent

regards,

Phil.

#27 TheWiz

TheWiz
  • Banned

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

iv seen these caves that nic is making very well made alot of work there smooth nothing sharp there great and $10 thats cheap or you could go to ebay and pay $20 i got 15 there great for peppermints and i have anther 10 pleco caves coming biggrin.gif

#28 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

Out of the 24 i made today, 3 have been pre-ordered

21 Left

(*I wont make many more until i first sell this lot, exceptions to large orders)

#29 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:11 PM

This is just another addition for the cautious ones:

The caves are 100% natural Western Australian clay, There is no additives in the clay unlike some of the cheaper mass produced. Common pots found from bunnings or pots not stamped with my dads work: Kim lyons Pottery may contain chemicals or additives which may affect your fish stuff like or including lead 8O

I haven't done any tests myself if any of the other pots can affect your fish seen as though my dad is a potter we don't buy any other pots laugh.gif

So if you see stores that contain pots from Kim lyons pottery and i am not saying others are bad but you can guarantee that Kim lyons pots will not affect your fish in any way as there is nothing added to it. My caves are made from their clay and in a terracotta finish, they will be alot more red once fired.

#30 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

PLEASE DIRECT ALL POSTS TO MY FS THREAD

http://www.perthcich...p;p=48314#48314

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users