Photo

What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

• Please log in to reply
1907 replies to this topic

#81 terboz123

terboz123
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

More B/n wrigglers! and today a C. Moori!

#82 MrOrange

MrOrange
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:05 AM

T Duboisi - been doing the dance for 3 days, woke up this morning to first mouthful for this colony. Another female with tube down so hopefully will have 2 mouthfuls shortly.

#83 Hydonia

Hydonia
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

Bembas....again and again and again.......

I actually have a little school of fry ( 4) they are only about 1mm in length) so cute to watch.

#84 fish

fish
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

just noticed another one of my C. moorii's are holding, my males going hard. 2 since saturday

#85 Dougo

Dougo
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

L. acuticeps.five days ago.just waiting.

#86 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Excellent Doug. One of my smaller girls or your larger ones?

#87 Petert

Petert
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Pseudotropheus spec."Acei Tanzanian Black"
24 very active fry smile.gif

#88 clancy

clancy
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:01 AM

My Oscars have just spawned, very excited first time since I've had them. Crossing fingers eggs are fertile!!

#89 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

came home again today to another spawn...my "juvie" c.moorii female is now holding a big mouthful for her size...she is only just 7cm...second girl to spawn outta my juvenile colony...they are only about 7 months old...I have 2 boys and 3 girls by the looks

Edited by danotaylor, 22 December 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#90 terboz123

terboz123
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

dano agreed

i recently purchased what i was told 5 x female Mooris about 6 months ago they are all between 5 - 7 cms and in the last 3 of them are holding!!! (one spat her eggs out though) so much for the 2 year wait!!!!!

#91 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

How big are the Venustus you have with your moorii. If there in
The same tank how can you be sure the mouthfulls arnt hybrid????

Edited by bowdy88, 26 December 2010 - 08:51 AM.

#92 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

My Oreochromis tanganicae spawned on the 19th, she is still holding.

#93 Dr_Pat

Dr_Pat
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

Common Bristlenose. Spawned the same day I put a couple of those terracotta logs I got from aquotix in the tank. Thoroughly recommend them. (and yes, I know BN are not all that exciting but im just getting back into breeding and getting something a bit more interesting first thing next year) ;-)

#94 Neddy

Neddy
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

Awoke this morning to find my green terrors have a decent size patch of eggs in the holey rock cave..very surprised as I've only had then for two weeks and they are still quite small, female would be pushing 7cm! See what happens, yay!

#95 terboz123

terboz123
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

Bowdy once again i dont see you qestioning every one else posts? there are meny of other threads saying they have more then one speceies per tank. do you question everything they say?

i have venustus and moori, in the one tank. the sex ratio of the venesutus is 1m 6 f , the mooris at this stage its looking like 3m 6 f, the mooris breading patch of tank is one end, and the venustus at the other, i dont seem much interactoin between the two species and reguarley see the mooris dancing with the mooris etc etc

now im not that experienced when it comes to breeding and neither are you from what i gather, your just starting as well by the sounds of it (i could be wrong) but if i see the species dancing with one another , how can they be cross's.plenty of other users ive read threads saying have 3 different species etc etc

I do my research bowdy, spend a bit of time on PCS, and other forums going through threads, I have no intentions of x breeding fish, and dont want to at all, as i asked in a previous thread a couple months back, what was the best way to get red of X's, when i get my first batch of fry when i got back from europe.

my 2 cents bowdy.

Edited by terboz123, 28 December 2010 - 03:34 PM.

#96 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

Dont want to interfere but i recently fed a whole bunch of moorii x livingstoni hybrids to my mangrove jack, so its very possible and it does indeed happen. Just because you dont see it happen doesnt mean that it doesn't. Can't hurt to seperate them into species tanks or partition them if you're intending to sell them off smile.gif

#97 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:25 AM

Hey hey chill out man I'm only asking because yes I am sort of new and I have a great interest in keeping the species true because at the end of the day isn't that what we are about with most species of cichlid.
If I have offended you in any way I am very sorry and il be the first to buy you a beer.
But I will be honest and say if you intend on breeding your cichlids then keeping different species in the same tank that have an extremely high reputation of x breeding together is very irasponsable ( in my opinion ) maybe you should think about separating them in the future. And again I'm sorry if I have offended you but I to want to do my small part in preserving the hobby for the future.

Cheers.

#98 terboz123

terboz123
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

lets get this topic back on track......bowdy pm sent.

#99 deena_me

deena_me
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

My albino Bn spawned today in a huge shell , now just got to wait to see how many come out

#100 Mudjimba

Mudjimba
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

Hypselecara Temporalis........Chocolate Cichlids

hopefully can raise the fry.......

cheers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users