Talk At August Meeting : Ofmig Process

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:20 AM

Just to advice you that at the next PCS meeting (Tuesday, August 3) I will be doing a presentation on the OFMIG process and will be open to questions.

This is to give people a better understanding on the objectives and issues with the strategic approach to ornamental fish policy in Australia.

I hope to be able to answer your questions and ease your fears about the process. It also will give us the opportunity to detail our action plan and what hobbyist need to do to be a part of the process and ensure that we do all we can to protect our hobby and maintain the species we wish to keep while at the same time protecting the environment.

Tony

Tuesday, August 3
Doors open 7:30pm - Meetings Start: 8.00pm

See this page for venue info - http://www.perthcich...showtopic=29670

#2 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

Here's one of the major raffle prizes you'll see tomorrow night.

JHW-303B + 9W UV Steriliser 1400 litres per hour 35 watts 3 stage filtration Cannister filter

The Show Table competition starts fresh too. 1st & 2nd choose a Midland Pet & Aquariums or Posaqua voucher. All other entrants will receive a participation prize (most likely a Pet Magic voucher).

More info here (click).

#3 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

For those who are forgetful (incl. me smile.gif) the meeting starts tonight @ 8pm (doors open 7:30pm).

Daz

#4 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:53 AM

I would like to thank Tony (Mr Chairman) for a very informative & comprehensive talk on this controversial subject..

Apart from some annoying chatter I really enjoyed it.

Thanks again Tony.

Col

#5 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

Well done Tony an excellent speech and you done very well with the amount of questions fired at you throughout the talk.

I have a much better understanding of the process and of what is involved.

Also congrats on being the new club chairperson (president smile.gif )

Cheers
Craig

#6 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

It was great! Thanks Tony.....you did well and explained it thoroughly.

Thanks to the committee members who stood down, you did a great job in the time you were there!

#7 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

great talk tony verry informative , to those who jump up'n'down ... just remember ,if there is a particular fish your care about ,you need to focus on standing up for that fish.... instead of just bagging the whole process and attacking the intelligence of those behind it... Maybee if we all play a bigger role ourselvse instead of whining about what we cant have we will get more say on what we can have, after all as s,green said it is OUR beloved country that being protected here . Further more it is these result of careless fish keepeers dumping fish that these sort of laws are in place ..

Cheers, Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users