Photo

Catching fish.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 me

me
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:40 PM

Okay in by 5 x 2 x 2 heavily rocked tank i have 2 brichardi which i want to catch.
They are too aggresive as they are constantly breeding and they are discouraging the other fish from exploring half of the tank.
is there anyway possible of catching them with out using a net or moving rocks?

#2 trent

trent
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:03 PM

good luck catching them with out moving the rocks i have trouble trying to catch my yellows in a 4ft moving all my rocks. the way i catch them is to chase them into a cave that i bought at my lfs u block off one way and they hop right into the net easy as that. but with brichardi............... goodluck
trent

#3 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:52 PM

hey ,

if you arent gonna move any rocks or nets, id try something random like get a 2L coke bottle, cut the neck off and put it going into the bottle and put bait in the bottle,sink it, so then the fish get attracted to it and when they swim in it grab the bottle and its all over for the fish. but you might have to cut a little bit above the bottle mouth so that the hole is a little bigger for he fish to swim in if ya know what i mean.

even if it sounds like it wont work, id try it, could be interesting. This is how i used to catch gambezia for food.:good

cya
ryan

Edited by: oF1o at: 12/11/03 3:53 pm

#4 wysiwyg

wysiwyg
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:12 AM

Catch them at night when yhey are asleep!!!!!:rolleyes

wys

#5 00 Electric 00

00 Electric 00
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:33 AM

Blake i suggest just take the rocks out, I know the felling though i think everyone does :\

But would be the simpler way instead of mucking around. Good Luck

#6 jayrock2508

jayrock2508
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 December 2003 - 07:43 AM

Definately at night with a torch,unless they sleep in the middle of your rocks.:chomp

#7 me

me
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:30 AM

yer what i might do is just take out all the rocks..........
BUT IT IS AWSOME THE WAY IT IS SETUP!

oh well what can ya do aye.

#8 Barca888

Barca888
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:37 AM

I agree with the block one side of a cave with a net method. Hopefully your fish wont back out and run away from the net. My Blackbelt fears my net and shoves away my hand trying to get the bastard into the damn net. However if u have a very large array of rocks the only way is to take most of em out.

#9 Guest_Alan Caboolture_*

Guest_Alan Caboolture_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2003 - 04:44 PM

Have you tried netting them at night, well after dark with red celophane or red filter over the lens of your torch. Red is the first colour of the spectrum absorbed by water and a lot of fish, particularly those from deeper localls are blind in red light.

Use two nets, and get some one to hold the light source for you. Take it slowely and gently as you will only get one chance. Herd the fish with one net into the other. If you rush it or touch the target fish before the nets are in place it will pannic and dash blindly around the tank stiring ever other fish and you have missed your chance..

Is a method we used to capture marine fish on coral reefs.

Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users