Photo

My Marine Experiment

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 mark

mark
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

hay mate what are you sticking your zoes down with ?

#42 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

aqua kneadit... its hard to use and gives me a killer headache so im going to try superglue instead...

#43 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

time for an update i guess... excuse the tupperware containers in the tank as im propogating some morphs to fill up the tank with. need to build up the rockwork a tad more, and i think the aquascape will be close to finished. then just sit back an watch it grow!! to assist with that, i just bought a new 6 globe T5HO fitting which should pump out a heap of light!! woohoo!

also excuse the damn damsel that is front row centre in every damn photo!!! its a bit of a camera sl**!!

here the side of the tank

and the front

OK OK OK i will put your damn picture on the internets u stoopid damselfish!!

BLUE STEEL! LOL

#44 benjamyngauci

benjamyngauci
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

Lol nice tank biggrin.gif

You are making me want marine badly!

And go the camera-ho damselfish! She got her 5 minutes of fame (You can tell her she has a fan)

Ben

#45 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

(sort of) finished aquscaping the tank now. dunno if im entirely happy with it yet... but i cant really fit anymore rock in, so if anything i will take some bits out. the big zoa rocks near the top of the tank are going to get removed, once i frag all the zoos off them of course smile.gif currently buying/fraggin morphs, so i will basically frag everything onto pieces of coral rubble and stick the everywhere, then let it all grow.

#46 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

looks so awsome!!!!!!

#47 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

I like the scape.

It might help people here too if you post up what you learned hanging that solarmax wink.gif

#48 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

hmm ok smile.gif as requested... this might help anyone trying to hang a solarmax light fixture.

the stuff that comes with the light is DODGEY throw it in the bin, except for the small threaded bits that slot into the light body, i call them 'eyes'. now the default fixture has a metal cylinder body that screws onto the male threaded part of the 'eyes'. however im not sure if by design or pure luck, the 'eyes' also have a female threaded part, this threads size is "metric 6". this is the exact same size that stainless steel balustrading fittings use, so yay.

bascially i just cut the head off a metric 6 bolt, then superguled and screwed it into the 'eyes'. when it set, screw on your stainless steel balustrading fitting, with attached wire and a fitting on the other end to hang it by, and hey presto your done. if i could do it all again, i would hang the light FIRST and then place the tank underneath, it was really hard to get it sitting directly in the middle of the tank, in fact i failed badly and need to move the tank anyway. but meh, that can be done another time.

pics...

#49 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

added a papuan toby yesterday smile.gif and put a velentini toby in my secondary tank today. tobies are awesome biggrin.gif wonder if they will destroy my reef or not, lol...

#50 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Getting a puffer fetish Nick? They've got heaps of character aye!

#51 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

heheh yeah for sure, i love these little guys just had to have one! or two... lol:)

Canthigaster valentini

Canthigaster papua

#52 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

argh my zoas have the dreaded zoa pox!! i think they are all gonna die and theres not much i can do about it, damn you government for making furan 2 illegal!

#53 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

some shots of my papuan toby smile.gif

#54 Imogen

Imogen
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Looks awesome though, never seen anything like it! Much cooler than a regular powerhead!! tongue.gif

fantastic tank too- im jealous! The papuan is awesome smile.gif

Edited by Imogen, 12 January 2011 - 10:15 AM.

#55 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

thanks! i had to shut the tank down, a swimmer crab was eating everything, and i had to go on holiday!! but hopefully i can set up soemthing bigger and better next time smile.gif

#56 will

will
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

WOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT sad.gif!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users