Photo

Who Locked L397 Thread ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeffblack

jeffblack
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

The punters want a bit of controversy on this forum , keeps them coming back for more and stimulates some debate and gives some valuable insight and knowledge for newcomers , that makes us appreciate the hobby more , who the fark locks a forum that had potential to argue the cull vs save debate in the interest of not upsetting somebodies delicate sensitivities ?

#2 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

The thread was posted in Classified, so Not really a place for discussion... Also, Johnno asked to close it as fish are gone. <br /><br />3c2f79d24cdeedb10b1fe53563387ab9.jpg<br /><br />It was indeed an interesting topic as you are suggesting, why don't you open a new one up and we can have a discussion there? It would generate a great talk imho :)<br /><br />Don't be angry for a closed topic!

#3 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

I locked it as the classified is not the place to have a to and fro  if you wish it open up a  topic  and go for it  if not do it PM it is your choice

Cheers

#4 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:43 AM

classifieds do stipulate its not a place for conversation in the T & C's and the thread would have been shut down anyway....

fire away right here and ask questions -> i'll answer them as i see them.....

#5 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

the classified is not the place to have a to and fro  if you wish it open up a  topic  and go for it  if not do it PM it is your choice

One of the reasons I ignore classifieds now. There too much action, every time I would refresh I would see another unread classified and then realise it is a reply to a post not a new topic. Very annoying.

I must admit I have been known to reply too (rarely though).

#6 Gav79

Gav79
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

I tend to give them to my old man who has a few tanks or throw into my display tank rather than cull them but that's only because I can never get rid of them haha... To keep the species on going you would want to breed only the best quality ones and steer clear from in-breeding and deformities (even if it is not genetic when selling fry to buyers I am sure if they see the deformed parent(s) they probably wouldn't purchase) but that's just my opinion.

I don't breed or try to breed plecos for profit but only to pay for ongoing costs such as fish food, electricity, water etc. and maybe tank space too. I want to keep the species of various plecos strong and ongoing in Australia what with tight imports laws etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users